Duplicants should die more offen

I love playing on hardest difficulty, but even then, they just dont die!
First time my duplicant lost some health was after 150h of gameplay! That shouldn't be the case!
Clinic and so one seems to be useless.

Please add mechanics that sick duplicant lose health, on low air also they lose some of health, so on on low presure. And most of all! They should die in vacum or space exposure in minutes or lose health more rapidly!
I just love when my duplicants die, but now only danger on early game is that they starve to death, suffocating them is very hard even when you want to. Lossing health on low oxygen and deases what make use of hospital rational and would make a game a much more fun. 

That is what are difficulty levels for. I want to play on hard and I want them to die.
Hardest challenge which I came to is playing on Aridio with all settings set to max and not using microbe musher and this is my only scenario when they really die and make me care about them more.

Currently health is not used at all and that is too bad, because that would cause to care about duplicants even more.

Creating even more dangerous environments is a bad idea. Players have little direct control over where their dupes decide to go, so if they wander into a bad spot they'll just die. Running low on oxygen also creates a near vacuum environment that would kill the dupes on top of suffocating them.

It seems that dupes holding their breath will consume less oxygen due to reasons. They don't actually store ~100sec (10kg) of oxygen in their lungs, they spend a bar and that bar will fill more rapidly when catching their breath.

It might be nice for health to get used in more places. The instant death of oxygen and starvation really defeat the purpose of HP, for example.

Dupes dying happens mostly due to mismanagement. With perfect control over your base layout no dupe should ever die unless the entire base system fails and they all die. It`s kinda designed that way.

Having a sceanroi where a dupe death is inevitable would be pretty bad, but some sort of more lethal danger could make the game more interesting, as long as it`s controllable but still dangerous.

Wrong context guys.

I love when my duplicants die, because of my mistakes. This way I know I can do something better and reducing death rate is the fun part. That is what I love. And yes, we get warning when they start losing health so we can react. But that only happens when e.g. we dig near vulcan / hot watter and this is pretty rare.

If we could add health loss on low oxygen then it would make game more challenging, because it would mean that health would be also important inside database. If there is no hot environment nearby you can play without using hospital at all.

There should be health loss on:
- low oxygen
- calories below 1000
- illness 

This case we would care about inside base management even more, than what is now:
- low oxygen inside base? They will just work less efficient to catch a breath, but they also consume less oxygen (no other longer impact)
- your crops got to hot for a while or binge eater ate your food? until nobody dies, they just got hungry and you get a lot of starvation messages but after new crops drop everything get back to normal (no other impact)
- somebody gets ill? I dont care, skip forward and they will recover anyway

This is why is why does things should be connected with health, so in longer term if we don't look into those problems (which currently are not a big problems) they will lead to athletic loss and even to duplicant death. Hospital facility will then be much more used that it is right now.

This way I could have fun on solving source of a problem, than just ignoring it, because it doesn't impact on game much at all.

3 hours ago, MarcinW said:

There should be health loss on:
- low oxygen
- calories below 1000
- illness 

Even on 0 hp dupes still won`t die. You can always save them unless all of them get incapacitated.

But those things culd cause more stress. There could be also stronger stress reactions. Dupes hurting other dupes or themselves (destructive dupes hitting their head on the wall should also damage themselves, especially hitting harder materials). Screamer dupes could stress other dupes causing a cascading stress scenario.

I think heat stroke and hypothermia could use ome additional effects. Currently it`s just a timed debuff no matter the temperature around. Imo it should be more Don`t Starve-esque when after getting hypothermia and remaining in cold they would take damage or being heat stroke and remaining in hot (but not scalding yet).

On 16.09.2019 at 1:45 PM, bobucles said:

Players have little direct control over where their dupes decide to go, so if they wander into a bad spot they'll just die

Yeah. They're complete dumbasses. If they die I won't be telling myself "oh, ok, I did this and that which caused their death - I'll get better next time". No. I'll be like "take that you stupid idiot. You deserved it"

Archived