Base Designs and Decorations ft. RoT

Hey everyone! I was curious how you've all been using the new content for base concepts or designs. I've seen a few images of interesting decor in different threads and thought it could be nice having more in one location. Sea bases, lunar bases, moon glass statues, lunar turf designs, mast gates, etc. Post anything and everything built inspired by Return of Them. Thanks!

The first thing that pops to my mind is having a "Small Piece of Heaven" in my megabase:
Lunar Turf, an assortment of Moon-saplings, Rock-avocado things, Lune Trees, Saladmanders and Carrats, and moonrock walls so the animals don't escape. It's a fairly obvious idea, to transplant the moon turf to the mainland, but it looks quite lovely if you make it big enough.

You can also use the Lunar turf as a base-border, to give it a neat Cyan outline. It really pops in Deciduous and Swamp biomes, but it also works for Grasslands, Savannah and Rocky, even if they have similar brightness. In my opinion, it's far more stylish and less dissonant than the usual Carpet, especially since Cobblestones will look like long cracks in the land.

I didn't play around much with the Seafaring, but if we ever get to have a Docking bay (some structure to place at the edge of the land so Boats don't take damage when ramming it, and instead come to a full stop), I'd like to build a purely aesthetic Port-town, with Wooden Flooring, a Fire Pit, dropped Boat paraphernalia and a single Pig House with a hammer beside it.

I'll post some pictures if I ever get to build these in my current world ^^

Archived