Some help?

I am playing Oasis and do not have anywhere to dump heat.

I do not find any iron on the map so far. I found Iron Vulcano.

So, I basically need a quick and dirty way to collect some iron, before converting that Vulcano to a more permanent solution of cooling and extracting iron.

What I do have access: Cooper, Aluminium, Lead and 600 KG of plastic(Thanks to printer goodness) . In addition, I have 2 suites. Very little water.

You can try and find oil, or use dirt tempshift plates (lots), or if you have mechatronics engineer you can dump dirt on rail and undump on the other end in an insulated chamber. Some water may be needed for mitogating melting temperatures while the heat exchange is going on. 

1 minute ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

Make aquatuner! Use them to cool. By looping liquid around. Dump heat to some water, use water to power stream turbine. That's the rough same old, same old

He probably has no gold amalgam either

That's tough. You might have to cool in stages.  Unfortunately, that means using what little water you have.  Basically you set up an aquatuner in a pool of water.  When the water gets too hot, you pump the water out into another pool and pump colder water in.

My advice would be to explore for some water, polluted water, or salt water to get things started.

dug out into space surface. you'll find IRON comet, GOLD comet everywhere.

or

waiting for 2000 kg Gold amalgam care package.

or

searching for mini-biome at the edge of asteroid map.anywhere BEYOND those hot sand surrounding you. I found Iron ore and Lead in mini-irregular oil biome recently.

Do you have access to any other geysers? Chlorine or carbon dioxide? You can try to build heat loop and dump additional heat to some gas and send gas to space. I use heat from copper volcano to heat up CO2 geyser for slicksters - 2 birds with one stone. 

Like that:20190822152447_1.thumb.jpg.bd10531b36917882a0450c8b0f8b66f2.jpg20190822152451_1.thumb.jpg.4ef83549d7686fce08bee47ba8b80984.jpg

On 8/21/2019 at 1:12 PM, Mutineer said:

I am playing Oasis and do not have anywhere to dump heat.

I do not find any iron on the map so far. I found Iron Vulcano.

So, I basically need a quick and dirty way to collect some iron, before converting that Vulcano to a more permanent solution of cooling and extracting iron.

What I do have access: Cooper, Aluminium, Lead and 600 KG of plastic(Thanks to printer goodness) . In addition, I have 2 suites. Very little water.

I'm currently playing Oasis for the first time, and I did a few things to keep my base cool enough to delay creating an aquatuner setup

1. I vacuum insulated the entire starting biome as a matter of priority.  That stopped outside heat from getting in.  Using corner waterlocks reduces the stress of doing that while giving them access to the outside.
  2. Trees are your friends.  They produce a lot of material and cooling them is good if you can tranfer the heat away from them.
  3. I generated power early as far as I could from the farms with ethanol.  Be careful of CO2 pressure levels.
  4. I built as large of a meal wood farm as I could, as dirt is plentiful.  I did not make liceloaf because of limited water.
  5. I got to the left and right edges of the map.  It is important to do that because that is where most of the geysers will be, as well as valuable resources that you can't get in the starting biome, e.g. chlorine for germs, thimble reed, drekkos, slicksters, mushrooms and slime, iron, and lead.
  6. Ethanol production produces a ton of CO2, so slicksters are your friends!  Don't be afraid to overcrowd the extras.

One thing I would have done different is I would have made an ice maker outside the starting biome (after I vacuum insulated) and used them to cool off the warm areas closest to my farms and also cool the exit of the power plant. 

By the time my farms overheated, I had the resources required build my aquatuner/turbine setup to cool them back down and enough food so that I could build if before I ran out.

Thanks for replies.

Instead of dealing with Vulcano I took the advice of additional exploring to find some iron, which does exist in oil biomes.
Currently, I am trying to collect a reasonable amount of water So I can make some Steel and then build a steam generator cooling system.

Just a few notes, I think Vacum isolation is overkill. Just leaving one layer of air between environment and indinious isolation is good enough, After 250 cycles core of my base still at 25, I still can grow mealwood if I want to. But I can feed all my colony by just ranching hatches eating sand and granite. I actually included most granite in an isolated zone.

I am sure I will easy cool my starting biome to 25C after building the first steam turbine. Then I probably rebase my dupes outside, more space.

I still did not use any heat deletion, Oxyferns make most of the oxygen + two algae defusers. But I do need to get Steam turbine cooling up soon, as my industrial zone start to overheat.

BTW, Gods of printing pod deny slickers to me and I did not find a single one yet.

14 hours ago, fishoutofwater said:

squeeze a little extra water from dupes using bathroom loop

squeeze water from dupes using bathroom loop + decontamination room

There is very little chlorine on the map, at least on my Oasis map.  I've done a lot of exploring and haven't found any, though I know it exists.  A decontamination room is not something you can guarantee.

47 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

There is very little chlorine on the map, at least on my Oasis map.  I've done a lot of exploring and haven't found any, though I know it exists.  A decontamination room is not something you can guarantee.

Do you have any bleach stone? I do not need much pressure in the room. 

23 hours ago, Lafara said:

wow ! vacuum insulated.

Yep. Dirty trick for early stages of the game. Inside built with obsidian to prevent melting.

15 minutes ago, Mutineer said:

I did not dig top, too afraid. I never in my games pass 200 cycles before and never went to surface. I am a chicken.

I played some on Oasis as well, just be careful with potential hot spots (scalding). You should be able to get there fairly quickly. The map usually even provides you with some oxygen pockets/oxylite.

Get somewhere near the poi and breach into it, your dupes can handle the vacuum to get your first AT running. Maybe you don't even have any space exposure along the way (until the windows are deconstructed).

Edit: formatting

Here is my save. There no mods used. Basically, I believe my base has no problems. There is some water management and CO2 management I need to do time from time.

I have a plan for many days ahead and I do believe I soon will have enough steel to finish steam turbine project and follow with others.

A lot of space explored And I will do Vulcano and steal vent project, natural gas vent project, Chlorine Vent project, and Dreco Hydrogen project after. Maybe rebase my dupes from the original position.
Enjoy.

Pipes illustration.sav

41 minutes ago, Mutineer said:

Here is my save. There no mods used. Basically, I believe my base has no problems. There is some water management and CO2 management I need to do time from time.

I have a plan for many days ahead and I do believe I soon will have enough steel to finish steam turbine project and follow with others.

A lot of space explored And I will do Vulcano and steal vent project, natural gas vent project, Chlorine Vent project, and Dreco Hydrogen project after. Maybe rebase my dupes from the original position.
Enjoy.

Pipes illustration.sav

I have looked through your save and well, it looks like you are doing fine... There are couple of designs in your base that I do not agree with, but it is fine as long as its working for you. So, I have been thinking about what to suggest and here is what I came up with:

1. First thing that I notice is that you are wasting a lot of power on gas pumps and gas filters for CO2 and probably also wasting a lot of dupes work time to build all those gas storages... I suggest that you consider building a carbon skimmers + water sieve loops around your base which are way more power efficient. I feel like you have already stored more than enough CO2 for anything that you might want to use it for in the future and as you expand your base, your CO2 production rate will only rise.

2. You might want to consider hooking up incubators with some automation. Incubators do not need to be turned on all the time. 

3. Looking at your water reserves, I honestly believe that you have enough for a long while. Though, I feel like its a shame that despite digging through most of the map, you have not discovered your geysers. I decided to include their location in a spoiler.

Spoiler

5d60fe1a5d97f_steamvents.thumb.PNG.3eb7b1f65d8f1c9e7826a830a3217005.PNG

4. As for the cooling, you might want to consider doing some research about how the combo of thermo aquatuner + steam vent actually works. I can go into details about how to make a cooling system with them. Though, there are a few things that I want to mention: Thermo aquatuners remove a loooot of heat, if you build a water pipe through your entire base and hook it up to 1 thermo aquatuner, it will freeze your base in just a few cycles. I would recommend placing dedicated blocks of thermo aquatuner + steam turbine and automating them to only work when some cooling is required.

I wonder. Nobody suggested using an ethanol heat engine?

This is inefficient but it is a low tech and simple way to get started so you can cool some iron and refine some steel. Replace it with whatever you like afterwards.

Archived