Theory on the true nature of "Them"

We know that the Throne existed well before Maxwell's arrival.
As far as we know, it is as old as Constant.
Perhaps infinite sovereigns sat on it: each one has shaped the world in his image and likeness, until the divine act of creating and destroying has consumed their flesh and their minds.
Perhaps "Them" are just all the previous gods of the Constant, now so consumed that they are no more than ethereal entities halfway between being and non-being.
Even Charlie is becoming one of them... Maxwell, on the other hand, was pardoned: someone or something prevented him from losing his mind and his flesh completely (though remaining profoundly misled and debilitated).
Perhaps Wagstaff, from the height of his technological omniscience?
Or maybe Abigail, a kind of benevolent otherworldly entity left in this valley of tears that we call existence to watch over her family?
Or maybe just luck: for the law of large numbers, sooner or later the constant cycle must break. The symmetry breaks. And a king is saved.
But Constant existed before him, and will still exist later.
Charlie are already past. Her kingdom is ephemeral.
The Throne wants at a new king who knows how to create a worthy world.
Wagstaff the next God of Constant.

image.png.9674b2034693fe25c7ad7f83e93e3273.png

2 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

The Throne wants at a new king who knows how to create a worthy world.
Wagstaff the next God of Constant.

Wagstaff literally just wants/is interested in infinite power to help humanity, not make random thingies in constant.

On 8/9/2019 at 5:56 AM, __IvoCZE__ said:

Wagstaff literally just wants/is interested in infinite power to help humanity, not make random thingies in constant.

Also Millitary applications. Though considering that he got kidnapped a mere 3 years after The Great War ended, I can't really blame him.

EDIT: My bad, only *1* year after the end of the Great war. Wilson was the one kidnapped 3 years after.

...with that said. It was said on a Klei stream once "No one came before Maxwell but many came after." In regards to the throne.

I dunno if this still stands though. It's always been a really confusing statement.

3 minutes ago, AverageBLues said:

Maxwell does say that merms were in the constant before him, maybe they have something to do with Them?

Is the Gnaw one of them too? Then merms would have something to do with them...

10 hours ago, Mrklli said:

Is the Gnaw one of them too? Then merms would have something to do with them...

That's a possibility, but I think Them is a much more powerfull being.

The Gnaw might be more of a Maxwell than one of Them.

Merms could have come from the gorge through the gateway, that would explain why the gorge is kind of empty.

Maybe they somehow got into shipwrecked and then moved to RoG?

3 minutes ago, AverageBLues said:

That's a possibility, but I think Them is a much more powerfull being.

The Gnaw might be more of a Maxwell than one of Them.

Merms could have came from the gorge through the gateway, that would explain why the gorge is kind of empty.

Maybe they somehow got into shipwrecked and then moved to RoG?

That's actually a Lovecraft reference where the 

Spoiler

Deep ones x human offspring and leave and walk into the sea (ping me if I got it wrong) , presumably merms walked into shipwrecked

Archived