Is the game worth it now? Some good seeds?

Hello everyone!

I haven't played for a couple of months (like 4-5) and I would like to know if the game is worth playing right now.
With all the new mechanics of how temperature works and new biomes, is it fun to play?

And if so, do you have any seeds that recommend me to have the most content?
I would like to play just one map and be able to see as many new things as possible.

Thanks for your suggestions. (:

45 minutes ago, cpy said:

Game is worth playing since hidden alpha time. This is game is just insanely good.

Yes I know. I have 800+ hours of gameplay, but given the bugs, the poor performance and the radical change in many mechanics, is it worth starting a new game or is it better to wait until they finish polishing it?

Since you are asking for seeds first is a plug for Cairath's wonderful database: https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/map-browser

Second is a seed I found using the above database. LUSH-A-1312669298-0

Its a Verdante seed. If you are old hat and want to experience the new mechanics around the new biomes I consider Verdante the best choice. This seed has a glimmering planet for wolframite. Two chlorine geysers. Two hydrogen geysers. A good amount of water producing geysers. Plus some high value geysers very close to the start biome. 

As for waiting on polish. Not much more is needed after the last patch. The only non-assured critical resource is wolframite and they do have a plan for it. However the seed browser allows us to filter for glimmering planet so no big deal.

1 hour ago, Mr.Trueba said:

Yes I know. I have 800+ hours of gameplay, but given the bugs, the poor performance and the radical change in many mechanics, is it worth starting a new game or is it better to wait until they finish polishing it?

I stopped playing since release, because performance sucks lategame.
First 500 cycles are fun to play..

2 hours ago, Mr.Trueba said:

You know that game is finished right? You can still hope for optimizations post launch but, they might not come.

3 hours ago, cpy said:

Game is worth playing since hidden alpha time. This is game is just insanely good.

46 minutes ago, cpy said:

You know that game is finished right? You can still hope for optimizations post launch but, they might not come.

We have different definitions of "insanely good", when lategame is locked by performance.

6 hours ago, cpy said:

If the game ran better in the past, it can run better in the future as well. There are no excuses for optimizing the game further and fixing the glitches that currently make the late game nigh unplayable, such as rockets causing immense stuttering for example. 

7 hours ago, cpy said:

You know that I´m only making a question right?

9 hours ago, Promethien said:

Since you are asking for seeds first is a plug for Cairath's wonderful database: https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/map-browser

Second is a seed I found using the above database. LUSH-A-1312669298-0

Its a Verdante seed. If you are old hat and want to experience the new mechanics around the new biomes I consider Verdante the best choice. This seed has a glimmering planet for wolframite. Two chlorine geysers. Two hydrogen geysers. A good amount of water producing geysers. Plus some high value geysers very close to the start biome. 

As for waiting on polish. Not much more is needed after the last patch. The only non-assured critical resource is wolframite and they do have a plan for it. However the seed browser allows us to filter for glimmering planet so no big deal.

I'll try the web site and the seed. Thank you!

8 hours ago, Oozinator said:

I stopped playing since release, because performance sucks lategame.
First 500 cycles are fun to play..

Yeah, I'm already read that.
Well, maybe I'll try with 6 dupes and try to make the things slowly to enjoy more time until the doom, hahaha.

Shovels will create natural tiles for you. Or you can use very hot liquids to melt slime or algae into dirt tiles. Its generally easier to just plan ahead and not dig those tiles. Do note though that pips have some weird rules on planting wild for you. They won't give you a nice tight patch of 4 plants. 

Archived