How do you force dupes to idle where you want?

Preposterous! Duplicants must always work. No idling, no rest time, no toilet, no eating and no breathing on my watch!

Sadly I never get to the point where I can actually punish them, with a magmabath...

Now if I were to be forced, my max decor area would simply there where they tend to idle: The Great Hall and the floor below, the Entertainment Area. Basically my main base would be soon made from metal and glass tiles anyway and each free space covered with paintings, lamps, statues, flowers, dead bodies &c. Starting from the rest area of course. Though now I might also have to consider heaters since a lot of, literary, cool material will be stored in my base.

1 hour ago, abud said:

How you make them return there every time they idle? Because everywhere in the map is exosuit area except their bedroom?

Dupes drop suits when idle. When they do anything else then sleeping in suits, they drop it in the max decor area and stay there. Good setup for transit tube connections, because all dupes start/end from there :)
Only there is temperature / O² pressure nice.

1 hour ago, SakuraKoi said:

Preposterous! Duplicants must always work. No idling, no rest time, no toilet, no eating and no breathing on my watch!

You can play it how you want. You can be human, or play nice like me ^^

Just now, nakomaru said:

Same. But mine sleep in suits too because outside pressure will crush bones.

same.thumb.png.04c96c0a1f90d01c4dad4ed90b0e2439.png

Ah nice. Do you really need those message tables?
You use motion sensors in the bathroom, are they worth the setup, for you (in the bathroom case)?

The massage tables got used a little when I overworked them and made them dig out the entire asteroid which mostly caused their average decor to plummet. Not since.

But that room is mostly used to bomb them with decor while they are sleeping.

The lights should speed up bathroom usage, and they return to work while on "bathtime" when done.

5 hours ago, camelot said:

Put a couple of manual generators in a nice room 

Why stop at a couple. One for each!

stenchsuit.png.286f7d682c0a4e97c9057b4fa

I set my gens on priority 2 and everything I don't want them to ever do on priority 1. I also cycle the gens to shut off every 30 seconds so I can reassign them to something useful if needed. 

I also follow stench suit protocols. One shower per lifetime per dupe.

Archived