Is Warly rework coming to Don't Starve as well?

inferjus4

NO the DS chars need to stay how they are. they cant add the reworked chars from dst. they only get refreshed in dst cause they are made for DS and dst is a completely different game and now dst gets new content which DS doesnt gets.

so the chars are perfect for DS how they are. normally they rework of the chars should have been done when DST came out. but i assume klei had no time. actually they reworked the chars a bit back then like willow and wigfrid but just some small changes were added

8 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

NO the DS chars need to stay how they are. they cant add the reworked chars from dst. they only get refreshed in dst cause they are made for DS and dst is a completely different game and now dst gets new content which DS doesnt gets.

so the chars are perfect for DS how they are. normally they rework of the chars should have been done when DST came out. but i assume klei had no time. actually they reworked the chars a bit back then like willow and wigfrid but just some small changes were added

Uh, no. Most chars got overhauled when they jumped into dst,  Warly is different, since his rework was requested in this side of the forums. 

But I'm guessing they just won't do it and modders ain't interested,  so there goes

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:45 PM, Ogrecakes said:

Yeah don't count on it, DS is really getting a raw deal here.

Warly is free and is getting the long awaited rework, and were yet again going to have to mod content in.

Well............. Yeah. I think Klei has finally realized that it is too difficult to continue supporting two different versions of the same. That is why I am hoping so much for a true singleplayer/solo play option in DST that doesn't require a good internet connection, but at the moment it really does seem like they are just dropping it entirely and leaving behind the smaller fan base that are only able to play singleplayer, which seems silly when making a true solo play option for DST doesn't seem like it would be such a hard thing to do.

8 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

Well I'd say the issues these DST reworks tried to fix STILL are present for these characters in singleplayer. Of course the multiplayer related issues don't exist, but boring/useless are still boring/useless and better off swapped for another character in singleplayer...

On 29.7.2019 at 2:34 PM, JosePapp said:

Uh, no. Most chars got overhauled when they jumped into dst,  Warly is different, since his rework was requested in this side of the forums. 

But I'm guessing they just won't do it and modders ain't interested,  so there goes

YOU DONTR UNDERSTAND

ds chars cant be reworked. that will break the game. if they do i never play ds again.

you can have your wishes but this is real life. they would destroy the game if they do what you want. 

with your logic evry game of this world could be reworked. lets rework super mario and play all his snes games again. ehhh no. its good how it is

4 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

YOU DONTR UNDERSTAND

ds chars cant be reworked. that will break the game. if they do i never play ds again.

you can have your wishes but this is real life. they would destroy the game if they do what you want. 

with your logic evry game of this world could be reworked. lets rework super mario and play all his snes games again. ehhh no. its good how it is

Say Pal, seems you forgot about that So-Called holy trinity people talk about. Dst warly ain't close to their level, so why not?

24 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

Say Pal, seems you forgot about that So-Called holy trinity people talk about. Dst warly ain't close to their level, so why not?

because thats exactly the point. if i want a harder challenge then i use warly in ds. if i want to have an easy game i choose a char which i think its easy. THIS WAY THE GAME IS DIFFERENT WITH EVRY CHAR. you can play DS and any char you choose the experience will be different.

if they make what yoiu want the game would be easy no matter which char you choose. dont forget this game doesnt have difficulty setting. the difficulty settings is the char select. best example wes.

thats why it has to stay like it is. and for evry other wishes there is the mod workshop.

and pls stop saying klei doesnt care for single player cause they dont rework the chars. thats complete BS. no one had ever in mind to change the chars in DS. 

just look for some mods. dont feel bad using mods. evryone is using mods cause they help you to have the game experience YOU like

i play always DS with "wig can drink coffee and eat nettlles" mod. i hate wig is missing this features but its part of the game... have fun

6 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

because thats exactly the point. if i want a harder challenge then i use warly in ds. if i want to have an easy game i choose a char which i think its easy. THIS WAY THE GAME IS DIFFERENT WITH EVRY CHAR. you can play DS and any char you choose the experience will be different.

if they make what yoiu want the game would be easy no matter which char you choose. dont forget this game doesnt have difficulty setting. the difficulty settings is the char select. best example wes.

thats why it has to stay like it is. and for evry other wishes there is the mod workshop.

and pls stop saying klei doesnt care for single player cause they dont rework the chars. thats complete BS. no one had ever in mind to change the chars in DS. 

just look for some mods. dont feel bad using mods. evryone is using mods cause they help you to have the game experience YOU like

i play always DS with "wig can drink coffee and eat nettlles" mod. i hate wig is missing this features but its part of the game... have fun

Except dst Warly is just  a better balanced version of the UP singleplayer warly that,  while fun, doesn't benefit you much 

1 hour ago, JosePapp said:

Except dst Warly is just  a better balanced version of the UP singleplayer warly that,  while fun, doesn't benefit you much 

youre right but thats life. one day i will play ds with evry char. (when im old and have time) warly is a big challenge for the most people cause they just use the strong chars and feel they are best in the game. i always say im best in the game but only in dst. in dst i can play with evry char and survive forever. in DS im a noob. i can play ds easy with wig no problem. but if i pick a weak char im struggling hard. and thats the point. you need to be good with evry char in DS to say youre a master of the game. im just a master as wig in DS.

and im for real i want to play the game one day with evry char but ive no time now. if they would rework the chars then there would be no point for me to do that

3 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

youre right but thats life. one day i will play ds with evry char. (when im old and have time) warly is a big challenge for the most people cause they just use the strong chars and feel they are best in the game. i always say im best in the game but only in dst. in dst i can play with evry char and survive forever. in DS im a noob. i can play ds easy with wig no problem. but if i pick a weak char im struggling hard. and thats the point. you need to be good with evry char in DS to say youre a master of the game. im just a master as wig in DS.

and im for real i want to play the game one day with evry char but ive no time now. if they would rework the chars then there would be no point for me to do that

Ok have it your way, i played singleplayer Warly with a slight rework mod that added around 6 not that buffing recipes. Keep in mind the 33% hunger drain was still there, so He was pretty much just a quick starver with a crutch.  I loved the run and eventually made it to: 1- mid dry season and early summer (but i quit that run because i grew bored). Dst Warly still offers a challenge for newer players, but the difference here is that he rewards skilled play. Most of dst Warly's perks would arrive mid to late game, so he wouldn't make the game easier but rather more interesting as time went by. 

If you think dst warly is that strong, then think again, since Wagstaff and Wheeler, both SP exclusives can be stronger than he is

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1360414089&searchtext=Warly

This mod is a pretty decent Warly rework if tuned correctly:

using default hunger drain, pickiness and portable crockpot (with the anti flood bonus) along with the recipes made  Warly (in my experience) more interesting to play as. I also used the "added ingredients " perk, since it made things a tad easier. 

Maybe using the new pickiness system with a debuffed 6 slot chef pouch could work, too.  But i haven't tested it.

On 29. 7. 2019 at 5:56 AM, BeliarBAD said:

Just because you think Wigfrid is going to be ''nerfed'' because ''she op''

Spoiler

( she isn't. )

doesn't mean klei shouldn't eventually port the reworks over.

how about we just ask Klei if they are even going to be updates for DS anymore since...no major updates have happened or even minor ones.

just super tiny bug fixes have been made that are "potential" to happen.

people are crying out more over the type of new content they want without even thinking that if there is even any plans to put new content in the game anymore.

1 hour ago, MWY said:

how about we just ask Klei if they are even going to be updates for DS anymore since...no major updates have happened or even minor ones.

just super tiny bug fixes have been made that are "potential" to happen.

people are crying out more over the type of new content they want without even thinking that if there is even any plans to put new content in the game anymore.

That makes me... sad.

On 5.8.2019 at 10:00 AM, __IvoCZE__ said:

Just because you think Wigfrid is going to be ''nerfed'' because ''she op''

Reveal hidden contents

( she isn't. )

doesn't mean klei shouldn't eventually port the reworks over.

again. dst chars get reworked cause they are from DS. with the ds chars evrything is fine in DS. but with the DS chars in DSt they need a rework cause(again) they arent made for the multiplayer version of the game.

these chars are made for single player and not for multiplayer. thats wh ythey get reworked.

AGAIN! these chars are single player chars. they are fine for the single player.

now they made a multiplayer and the game is ver ydifferent then the single version of the game. thats why the chars need a refresh.

jesus christ....

2 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

again. dst chars get reworked cause they are from DS. with the ds chars evrything is fine in DS. but with the DS chars in DSt they need a rework cause(again) they arent made for the multiplayer version of the game.

these chars are made for single player and not for multiplayer. thats wh ythey get reworked.

AGAIN! these chars are single player chars. they are fine for the single player.

now they made a multiplayer and the game is ver ydifferent then the single version of the game. thats why the chars need a refresh.

jesus christ....

No you dummy, people want the rework of characters like Warly because they are underpowered in singleplayer.  Warly and Walani have been requested ever since the SW beta (or so i hear) still, guess we're not getting any.

2 hours ago, JosePapp said:

No you dummy, people want the rework of characters like Warly because they are underpowered in singleplayer.  Warly and Walani have been requested ever since the SW beta (or so i hear) still, guess we're not getting any.

you are the dummy. get mods! if teh game is to hard then learn it. thats the point of the game.

stop making insane requests which would destroy the game. 

if you dont want to learn it then leave it

the devs arent dump. they know how strong or weak a char is. they made it like that cause they want it like that. and people who play DS they like it because of that. 

its not the point evry char to be nearly same strong. then ther ewoudnt be any reason to play the game with each char.

you miss the point of the game.

and like i said its damn fine. play like you like but you have to use mods.

you miss the point and insulting me... gg

THERE IS NO UNDERPOWERED IN SINGLE PLAYER. a char cant be underpowered in a single player game like this. the char select is the difficult selection.

Archived