The nerfed wheezwort no longer self planting anymore?

After today's patch, is anyone experiencing that uprooted wheezwort cant selfplanting anymore? i have waited it for 20 cycles  sit on top natural tiles and i still dont see it being planted again. This nerf is so much.image.thumb.png.0734601b94b59b7929dba79d2eb7e45d.png

1 hour ago, abud said:

Yesterday actually.

1 hour ago, Gracefulmuse said:

I could be mistaken, but I think that NO plant will self plant anymore. If you wanna relocate wild plants, gotta use a Pip.

so how do i plant them on my base?

Pips, this is relevant before today changes

Today tweak some more, including what kind of natural tiles pips can plant for each type of plant. I didn't test it myself for today patch, but update log said so.

Wheezeworts are dead.

You need to keep them in farm tiles, fertilize them and then you'll have a cooling effect much inferior than a steam turbine for example. And of course, even farming them no extra seeds will ever drop.

Better not uprooting the ones you have in place because even with Pips you'll have to look for dirt tiles in order to replant them.

22 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

Wheezeworts are dead.

You need to keep them in farm tiles, fertilize them and then you'll have a cooling effect much inferior than a steam turbine for example. And of course, even farming them no extra seeds will ever drop.

Better not uprooting the ones you have in place because even with Pips you'll have to look for dirt tiles in order to replant them.

this is not intended uprooting underpowered wheezwort. actually i got it from care packages and melted ice biome.
And i run out of dirt tile. so i think better to compost them instead farming them. HAIL COMPOST, MY SAVIOR!

Wheezeworts have to be planted in farm tiles if you don't have pips. They are still the best spot cooling method in the game if you just have a trouble area or two.   They are just not better than mid game tech anymore.

23 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

Wheezeworts are dead.

Nerfed into the ground. Removing them entirely would have been better. They have a use as red herrings, leading new players down unsustainable paths.

4 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Nerfed into the ground. Removing them entirely would have been better. They have a use as red herrings, leading new players down unsustainable paths.

I am with you. definetely. COMPOST THE UNDERPOWERED AND OVERNERFED WHEEZWORT!

or is it worth it to display them in pedestal? MEEP can not agree with this, this is so sad. MEEP WANT TO ABANDON MYCOLONY BASE. WELP!
xr2QUDF.gif.eeb0052ae328f525e55804a33767

You can just add a conveyor system to the wheezeworts and feed them the few kg of Phosphorite they need. 4 Dreckos for example produce more then enough Phosphorite for 9-10 Wheezeworts and you can add the free plastic or reed fiber as well.

• Developer
2 hours ago, Dead_eye said:

You can just add a conveyor system to the wheezeworts and feed them the few kg of Phosphorite they need. 4 Dreckos for example produce more then enough Phosphorite for 9-10 Wheezeworts and you can add the free plastic or reed fiber as well.

don't know where your pulling your numbers, but 4 dreckos can only support 1 wheezewort, you need a heck of a lot of drecks to use multiple wheezeworts.
edit: happy dreckos produce 9kg(glossy) or 10kg(normal) under perfect circumstances, either way, alot of drecks. 

if your not using pips to natural plant the wheeze's  your being incredibly inefficient(I'm not saying natural planting them is worth much either, but still).

17 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

don't know where your pulling your numbers, but 4 dreckos can only support 1 wheezewort, you need a heck of a lot of drecks to use multiple wheezeworts.

if your not using pips to natural plant the wheeze's  your being incredibly inefficient(I'm not saying natural planting them is worth much either, but still).

I used to do central cooling (base and industrial use) with a big 18WW installation. That would now need 72 dreckos and hence just has gone out the window as an option. I also used to put regulated single WW cooling cells into ice-biomes to keep them cool. Can forget about that now as well. 

Oh, sure, all this can still be done, but it is not fun. It is tedious, takes long and the result is clunky and inelegant. WWs were not overpowered in any way. They were treasures to be used carefully. Now they are just biological waste and a toy for those that obsessively want complex solutions to simple problems.

26 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

Hm can't remember why i thought wheeze's to only take 4kg of Phosphorite... well with 20 kg it's a bit more troublesome. Well it's the testbranch they'll probably adjust the numbers. Wheezeworts where overpowered for years so we'll see where it goes now.

• Developer
58 minutes ago, Dead_eye said:

Hm can't remember why i thought wheeze's to only take 4kg of Phosphorite... well with 20 kg it's a bit more troublesome. Well it's the testbranch they'll probably adjust the numbers. Wheezeworts where overpowered for years so we'll see where it goes now.

no, steam turbines are overpowered, wheeze's were "pretty good" for years.

4 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

no, steam turbines are overpowered, wheeze's were "pretty good" for years.

Steam turbines are not only massively overpowered, they are also excessively unrealistic. What do you see besides any large steam-turbine type power-plant? Either a large cooling tower or a river. Because in the real world, steam turbines do not work without a powerful cooling installation to support them. 

• Developer
58 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Steam turbines are not only massively overpowered, they are also excessively unrealistic. What do you see besides any large power-plant? Either a large cooling tower or a river. Because in the real world, steam turbines do not work without a powerful cooling installation to support them. 

yes

I don't really understand why the wort got nerfed in the first place. In a normal situation it only removes around 5kDTU and it requires a special setup to max out the 12kDTUs in hydrogen. 12kDTUs was pennies compared to 40C water, so it's very silly that the wort change was prioritized before the water.

Phosphorite may be plentiful on the very first starter map, but 20kg is a huge diet for 12kDTUs. That's 4 dreckos per wort, which is a lot of ranching. For comparison, the AETN consumes 60kg of hydrogen for -80kDTUs. It doesn't seem like the right diet material for a plant that gets most of its action from the atmosphere.

8 minutes ago, bobucles said:

I don't really understand why the wort got nerfed in the first place. In a normal situation it only removes around 5kDTU and it requires a special setup to max out the 12kDTUs in hydrogen. 12kDTUs was pennies compared to 40C water, so it's very silly that the wort change was prioritized before the water.

I think it got nerfed because a vocal minority asked for it. No other reason. It was very much not overpowered and it was also not something you had large numbers of until late mid-game or end-game. The problem is that it got replaced with nothing adequate. 

My current solution is to just roll frozen core and to hell with all that cooling equipment. Frozen core allows you to just put some hot water in a tank, melt some ice temp-shift plates into it and ignore the issue for a few 100 cycles. Simple, effective, utterly boring. Nothing to tune, nothing to figure out, nothing to build except a simple tank. A whole large part of the game just gone.

Under optimal condition (always happy) normal drecko produce 10Kg phosphorite/cycle, while glossy drecko produce 9Kg phosphorite/cycle. To feed them, normal drecko need 2 plants, while glossy drecko need 3 plants. These numbers always less because it is impossible to be always happy without any glum for seconds.

39 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

don't know where your pulling your numbers, but 4 dreckos can only support 1 wheezewort

DreckoTooltips.thumb.png.e9b13640ece60bd586ed9e9fab494e72.png

Are those wrong tooltips? If we can prove it wrong, we should make a bug report. Optimally, we can feed 1 wheeze with 2 normal drecko. Add an extra because it will never optimal.

• Developer
58 minutes ago, abud said:

Under optimal condition (always happy) normal drecko produce 10Kg phosphorite/cycle, while glossy drecko produce 9Kg phosphorite/cycle. To feed them, normal drecko need 2 plants, while glossy drecko need 3 plants. These numbers always less because it is impossible to be always happy without any glum for seconds.

DreckoTooltips.thumb.png.e9b13640ece60bd586ed9e9fab494e72.png

Are those wrong tooltips? If we can prove it wrong, we should make a bug report. Optimally, we can feed 1 wheeze with 2 normal drecko. Add an extra because it will never optimal.

I forgot about the happy bonus, either way you still need a heck of a lot of drecks.

I agree that wheezewort takes too much phosphorite for some world, at least in my opinion. In terra, we won't have a problem because too much phosphorite we dug up. I feel too much because comparing them to already somewhat balance tested pincha and other plants, max only takes 2kg. Where all 10x nutrient goes? For jumping around? Nope, just for breathing.

15 minutes ago, bobucles said:

Before the update I'd never used a steam engine or built an ice maker.  My default cooling solution was to ignore heat until I could raid an ice biome for wheezes.  Three wheezes per electrolyzer would cool oxygen, and that would cool my living quarters.  Any additional cooling was done on the spot with sieved water.

The current requirements are too high, I think deliberately so to get us to test alternatives, but some kind of nerf was necessary.  They were easy to use, and gave free cooling with no downsides.

• Developer
59 minutes ago, Lurve said:

Before the update I'd never used a steam engine or built an ice maker.  My default cooling solution was to ignore heat until I could raid an ice biome for wheezes.  Three wheezes per electrolyzer would cool oxygen, and that would cool my living quarters.  Any additional cooling was done on the spot with sieved water.

The current requirements are too high, I think deliberately so to get us to test alternatives, but some kind of nerf was necessary.  They were easy to use, and gave free cooling with no downsides.

all this change did, was make wheezes a "noob trap" since anybody who looks at pre launch video's is gonna think wheezes are awesome, anybody informed wont touch them, instead they would just the the super crazy op steam turbines, if they upped the cooling amount a lot, then the 20kg phosphorite, MIGHT be worth it, currently it never will be.

Archived