Who has breached the Temporal Tear?

I tested it in sandbox
In my case, appears a nice "custscreen" of the rocket taking off, an then.... a black screen with nothing... i have to quit the game via kill command on an shell (i use linux).

i did it in survival around cycle 670...  Well massive spoiler ahead: 

Spoiler

When you send of the rocket towards the rift you get a short animated cut-scene about sending this duplicant of in search for a new world, a lot of the cut scene is kind of implying that the game is over, but you then get to chose to either quit to menu or keep playing. The funny thing is this happens directly as the rocket is taking off. It would be more logical if it happened those 40 something cycles later when the rocket actually reach the rift.

Spoiler

There are no real consequenses though. I would expect this to unlock new asteroids or something. Perhaps that was the initial design. It would make sense to start at the easy asteroid and gain access to all the others once you breach the tear.

I have done this without the sandbox mode.

I did it without Sandbox mode on Rime during the beta branch, it was at 200K Km :

Here's my rocket :

rocket1.thumb.png.c989b5bb3cce9b4237b76a72b98b9d7e.png

The display of my tank was bug but there were full. You have 4 tanks with LH and 2 tanks with LOX, note it was for 200K Km. Now, it's only 180K Km.

I hit it on my last save. It was alot like getting the "colonize asteroid" ending -- there was a cutscene and then it lets you keep playing. That was when it was 200km out, so it sounds like it was tweaked a little.

I can't remember exactly what happened... I think you get the cutscene as soon as you launch the rocket -- then you can reload an autosave from just before the rocket launches. Or maybe the rocket just comes back after the visit. Sorry, I don't remember the details, but I didn't lose my rocket or astronaut.

5 hours ago, Danielpapito said:

Did you guys get a cutscene or something? I didnt get anything after I launched the rocket to the temporal tear :(

You have to wait the rocket reach the Temporal Tears, around 50-60 cycles, you will have a cinematic. I didn't see it during the beta given it wasn't implemented.

47 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

You have to wait the rocket reach the Temporal Tears, around 50-60 cycles, you will have a cinematic. I didn't see it during the beta given it wasn't implemented.

I got the cinematic right away at launch of the rocket... but I did that a few hot fixes ago so maybe the changed it since

On 24/08/2019 at 5:48 PM, Danielpapito said:

Weird. Maybe my game is bugged. Where can i see this "cinematic"? Thank you

Here's :

Since the Recreation Upgrade :

- The one way trip works, your Duplicant and the rocket will never come back.

- The cinematic is functionnal.

Archived