Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Electroely

The Lazy Forager should be refuelable

Electroely    3,332

The Lazy Forager picks up nearby items for you faster than you would be able to normally. It's not game breaking or anything. In its current state, it is rarely used by anyone for anything other than ruins holes. The reason for that is that it's just not worth the trouble. It's an item made for CONVENIENCE, yet the method of obtaining it is so inconvenient it just ends up as being really not worth it at the end. You travel all the way to the ruins, find orange gems and thulecite, get to an ancient psuedoscience station (a fully repaired one. You can't craft it at the broken ones) and craft one only for it to pick up 225 items for you. It really isn't worth it since those 225 uses aren't going to last long to do anything time-consuming with.

Simple solution: Make it refuelable.

Same as the magiluminescense. it would take nightmare fuel to restore an amount of uses to it. It won't break the balance of the game. It'll just make the item much more worth obtaining.

I think this is a change that has been requested by a lot of people for a VERY long time (even before the A New Reign updates.) It would be a very appreciated change.

splorange    584

I find it really odd that the lazy forager still doesn't have the ability to be refueled, the magiluminescense had very little uses until it was given the ability to be refueled, afterwards it became a beloved item and inherited it's way into many player's playstyles. I'd personally love to see the lazy forager receive the same treatment and gain the ability to be refueled, it'll go from one of the least desired items to one of the most.

-Variant    5,354

Isn't this exact thread in together discussion? 
Am I thinking of something else?

TheKingDedede    3,175

The thing is that it feels like there is less of an incentive in making this thing in Together, since you'll often have people around that will be more than willing to help you pick stuff up.

Allow this blasted thing to be refueled.

HeatAndRun    756
8 hours ago, Electroely said:

The Lazy Explorer picks up nearby items for you faster than you would be able to normally.

A little typo here~!

Electroely    3,332
38 minutes ago, HeatAndRun said:

A little typo here~!

Thank you! I almost never type the word "forager" after "lazy". It's been a while since I've talked about it with anyone but I feel that with all of the upcoming updates it's a good time to bring it up again.

Electroely    3,332

The lazy forager has gained a new use as of the Return of Them: Salty Dog beta...
Collecting salt!
You usually have to sail all around salt formations after mining them to collect all the salt. If you can get close enough while mining it, though, you can pick up all the items before they fall out of range. 

It'd probably be useful for collecting flotsam and seeds you boat just barely misses as well.

I wish you could add fuel to it like the Magiluminescense... it has too little uses and having to go all the way to the ruins to make more of it are pretty big issues when it comes to how viable it is for these kind of things.

Moonatik    118

To convince them, maybe we could list all the possibilities where we could use it. As its only on specific situations, it could make more sense to refuel it.

So... When we choppin trees. I destroy my personnal forest with 6 pigs, and with honey spices. As I have around 100 trees, its a fast 1st thing, but take all of this is so long that the lazy forager would be always good. Its a rare moment. I dont do it every 4 days, maybe twice in a row to have like 3 or 4 full chests.

After dogs attack, on a trap field. As im playing with a controller, searching for the good position to catch something and not the tooth trap could be boring, even if with time, i get a kind of "stick touch".

I would like to use it on these 2 moments. 10% per fuel is fair, its a latemid/late game uses in my opinion, we could afford it without saying its something which make the game easier. 10 nightmares fuel to refill it means insanity, fight, grow up blue and green mushrooms, farming living logs for it... Work !

goatt    285
On 9/10/2019 at 7:35 AM, loopuleasa said:

Please this.

Make it even refuel VERY slowly, at 10% per nm fuel.

I would still use the hell out of it like that.

I think 2% to 3% is good, which means more than 1 nmfuel is needed for 1 warp. And I think that's fair

Poebus    728

amulets shouldnt break when reaching 0% it should just stay as 0%

but with following refuel nerf ( one nm for 10~15% )