Own the public servers

In my opinion what happened with the public servant Clayfish Was here !, was something unfair 
  but just in many ways that I clarify now:

1. The most important thing to mention is that you should not or should not believe the owners of a public servant of Klei, 
      whether you have 1k or 100k of days inside does not give you the right to do what you like with people.

2. The treatment I saw in several discord servers where they talked about the subject, unfair to racist deals.

3. Following the issue of the comments spoken, they agreed on that in "If we did not do what they wanted they took us from the
      server and later on entering later we were surrounded by tentacles and we died".

4. Block the touschstones and leave the spawn and the base path full of tentacles.

In addition to the public and private have dedicated servers of large groups such as (Diverse), DST United States, How To Survive (HTS),
    where they could not have that kind of behavior and would have to follow some rules which are not in the of Klei.

To close the issue I advise you to let new people enjoy the public server is for everyone, not just you.

If you seek to do what you want with people and with a new world, do it in a private one.

Be consistent with what they say and how they act later.  

Team.jpg

Ok. First of this is why I say Google Translate misses the mark so often.

Second - they did or did not:

1. spawned tentacle traps on Touch Stones, Spawn Gate, made traps all over map?

2. "Bossed" people around to do their bindings, the "inner group" (of which I saw plenty posting here eulogistically about what wonderful experience it was.. for them - no wander if you are "in charge") aka main team "keeping server alive" by playing a lot of hours on it and making said traps?

If they reached that 5-6k mark legit, without actually killing most players spawning there (and ofc newbies go close to a shiny golden wall even if loot is not on their minds, that's the nature of curiosity more so if you are new and have no clue about tentacles or corpses) nor via kicking the "uncooperative" ones, kudos to them. Otherwise yes, Klei should not allow this madness to happen - Official Klei Servers are first and foremost places newbies of all mindsets, purposes and whatnot go to get an unaltered (trial and error) taste of the game, not be workers/pawns for some experienced players "hijacking" said servers with their own agenda (making mega-bases on pubs as challenges) via tricks and underhanded methods - the traps.

18 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

uh what's Clayfish and what happened?

Is a Pacific I believe Klei Official Server. It seems for some time* now a team of people is "taking it captive" via traps (tentacles in various locations) and playing there a lot of hours in small parties I assume are made up of people from all over the globe - or some local people (close to server's location) just play a ridiculous amount of hours on row.

* - is not the most representative link, but the other topic covering this exact issue seems to have disappeared; interesting thing in mentioned vanished-topic was: a certain lad from "inner circle" of the "captors" seems to have gotten "triggered" very easily by people complaining, hinting he is very short-tempered, and giving credence to the fact these chaps were indeed kicking people at the slightest sign of non-conformity to their rules and the like.

12 hours ago, kisashin said:

The treatment I saw in several discord servers where they talked about the subject, unfair to racist deals.

Who did you mean "they"? Players in the game server? Do they have a discord server? Who did racist deals? In the game server or discord server?

I'm having trouble telling the details of what OP is talking about and the post looks like it was crudely machine-translated, but I get the gist. It sounds like while there was a 5000 day survival marathon going on one of the Klei-hosted servers, some people took advantage of that event to grief newer players with tentacles all over spawn points and things like that. I don't approve of this behaviour, but I'm not sure if much can be done about it either from Klei's end (since it would be much more costly for them to moderate those servers than to simply make them available) or from the perspective of players who join when there's an organized, entrenched group of griefers already present and in control of the map's resources. Mind you, it would be nice if it was easier to report players for griefing in-game.

9 hours ago, cean said:

Who did you mean "they"? Players in the game server? Do they have a discord server? Who did racist deals? In the game server or discord server?

In game 

19 hours ago, Hell-met said:

I'm rather curious about what the deal is with DST and asian players. They don't really try to get along with the rest of the world.

More than the Asians and Russians was racism against Latinos

19 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Ok. First of this is why I say Google Translate misses the mark so often.

Second - they did or did not:

1. spawned tentacle traps on Touch Stones, Spawn Gate, made traps all over map?

2. "Bossed" people around to do their bindings, the "inner group" (of which I saw plenty posting here eulogistically about what wonderful experience it was.. for them - no wander if you are "in charge") aka main team "keeping server alive" by playing a lot of hours on it and making said traps?

If they reached that 5-6k mark legit, without actually killing most players spawning there (and ofc newbies go close to a shiny golden wall even if loot is not on their minds, that's the nature of curiosity more so if you are new and have no clue about tentacles or corpses) nor via kicking the "uncooperative" ones, kudos to them. Otherwise yes, Klei should not allow this madness to happen - Official Klei Servers are first and foremost places newbies of all mindsets, purposes and whatnot go to get an unaltered (trial and error) taste of the game, not be workers/pawns for some experienced players "hijacking" said servers with their own agenda (making mega-bases on pubs as challenges) via tricks and underhanded methods - the traps.

Regarding Google translate, I'm sorry I speak but I do not write English very well and I'm guided by the tool.

1. If they generated tentacles in the product and those who have not done what they wanted,
     have not seen several post one even from a DST contributor talking about the issue.

2. I do not know if you ever entered and what day, but in the end everything was done with traps,
       even voting rollback to kill a simple Klaus and that they had the equipment of 6k days.

Finally not all rookie players go with bad intentions to steal valuable objects or old players,
  they simply want to see how the server is going to play for a while and have fun, something
  for which a public servant of klei was made to survive and it is a joint game not just a group.

yes, i played in clayfish server and the people was bad, they kill the newbies and block the touchstones, also i remeberred that i chopped a Green cap tree and a player  blizs***** kicked me, i really dont care about that behaviour but im really worry about the new people that want to play in klei servers.

***** = storm :)

19 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

uh what's Clayfish and what happened?

What happens is that there is a toxic group that believes the owner of the server and do not let other players enjoy it.

4 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

I'm having trouble telling the details of what OP is talking about and the post looks like it was crudely machine-translated, but I get the gist. It sounds like while there was a 5000 day survival marathon going on one of the Klei-hosted servers, some people took advantage of that event to grief newer players with tentacles all over spawn points and things like that. I don't approve of this behaviour, but I'm not sure if much can be done about it either from Klei's end (since it would be much more costly for them to moderate those servers than to simply make them available) or from the perspective of players who join when there's an organized, entrenched group of griefers already present and in control of the map's resources. Mind you, it would be nice if it was easier to report players for griefing in-game.

Thanks for the comment, make sure that you are a person who has been doing a lot of this and you have good titles.

Second is the truth that you can not reach and take over the public servant for that are the private ones. Sorry for the translator : / I do not write English very well.

So in the end that group lead by the blizstorm kid not only took a Klei Official Server captive by "littering" it with tentacle traps, kicking players on a whim, but also were nasty and broadly speaking toxic in chat and as general behavior (talking with some friends that are frequenting Discord servers of the most prominent DST groups out there pretty much conformed their shenanigans in chat-rooms as well) - and with this I fully believe you, enough to point at such lel "triggered" response to see a pattern. "Wonderful" bunch, what can I say. On one hand is admirable they tried to make a nice big base and keep a Survival pub alive for as long as they could from a challenge standpoint, but on the other hand the method by which they chose to do it was very ignoble, making it a case of "becoming my enemy": in the end they became what they claimed to fight against - griefers. Oh well... as stated previously, at long last it falls upon Klei to regulate these issues, being their server: if you usual/casual players of said "Clayfish Was here" official server encounter this problem again don't shy from contacting Klei (or "ping" a Klei staff member in one of these threads) - such hobbles (groups of "elitist" players taking Klei official servers "captive") have been reported in past and if memory serves well a Klei dev hopped the server and erased all traps, corpses and whatnot from spawn and around. Cheers!

so much players are angry about clayfish and i dont understand why no one could manage to smash their world xxXD you just need to join the server with friends when their is only 1 player online. he cant vote kick if hes solo. then just play for few days on the server and vote kick him xxxD and then its YOUR server xxxD

or if there are more players online then you need also more friends. if they are 3 then you need also to be 3 players. 

nvm im just wondering. i wasnt on this server so i have no idea what they did. i just had some contact with some players and they were very nice and explained me how they managed it to survive for so long

57 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

So in the end that group lead by the blizstorm kid not only took a Klei Official Server captive by "littering" it with tentacle traps, kicking players on a whim, but also were nasty and broadly speaking toxic in chat and as general behavior (talking with some friends that are frequenting Discord servers of the most prominent DST groups out there pretty much conformed their shenanigans in chat-rooms as well) - and with this I fully believe you, enough to point to such lel "triggered" response to see a pattern. "Wonderful" bunch, what can I say. On one hand is admirable they tried to make a nice big base and keep a Survival pub alive for as long as they could from a challenge standpoint, but on the other hand the method by which they chose to do it was very ignoble, making it a case of "becoming my enemy": in the end they became what they claimed to fight against - griefers. Oh well... as stated previously, at long last it falls upon Klei to regulate this problem, being their server: if you usual/casual players of said "Clayfish Was here" official server encounter this problem again don't shy from contacting Klei (or "ping" a Klei staff member in one of these threads) - this issue was signaled in past and if memory serves well a Klei dev hopped the server and erased all traps, corpses and whatnot from spawn and around. Cheers!

Thank you very much for the comment, I really had no idea that they had done those things on previous occasions and that a Dev de Klei has intervened, I hope it does not happen again and if it happens I will follow your advice and I will ping a klei admin . By chance you do not know how to do this process, I am new to the forum and I have no idea, I would appreciate it if you would help me.

1 minute ago, kisashin said:

Thank you very much for the comment, I really had no idea that they had done those things on previous occasions and that a Dev de Klei has intervened, I hope it does not happen again and if it happens I will follow your advice and I will ping a klei admin . By chance you do not know how to do this process, I am new to the forum and I have no idea, I would appreciate it if you would help me.

No biggie. As for how to "ping" forumites on threads:

@kisashin - aka "@" followed by "nickname".

58 minutes ago, CrimsonEcho said:

No idea what this is about but glad I strictly play single player unless its an event.

this post was made by the no friends gang.

or idk if you have friends or something please dont ban me

Archived