Do you like the new border in ocean on DST RoT?

Do You like the new border in ocean?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. When you like the new border you can vote : Yes I like it, but when you don´t like it and you want to make a better border in DST RoT you can vote No I don´t like it I want to make a better.

• Yes I like it
    • No I don´t like it, I want to make a better border.
    • I don´t know I never see it :)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/25/19 at 09:59 PM

New content is coming to Don't Starve Together and the borders are going to be much wider now, since the Return of Them BETA makes the ocean navigable and adds the Lunar Island. Now you can sail on water in your boat, exploring new biomes and creatures. If you have played Don't Starve: Shipwrecked, you know that the maritime borders are like the ones on DST:RoT. As seen from the picture, there isn't anything significant in the outer borders in the beta given that the sea abruptly ends with a line.

Do you like the new borders? Or rather would you prefer more discrete borders made with rocks, cliffs, spikes, corals, reeds etc.?

You can vote :) .For people which doesn´t play DST RoT I have a screanshot:image.png.bab3f34839f5fb8908b54b0622c6d3a3.pngThis is the map border in RoT, it's just a normal line.

When you vote on: No I don´t like it, I want to make a better border, you can click on like.

You can see the new bird Puffin too :) 

Some ideas:

In winter can the ocean freeze not whole but only that what was near the land. You can walking on the ice and there can live the pinguines. When you have your ship on the water when it freeze you canot go with it. On winter when is snowing the boat can be snowed and the ice on oceant too. On ice there may be weak points where the player walking the weak places will fall under the player. When the player is staying on the weak point and don´t walk he can drown.

Here, let me be your voluntary grammar editor for a day: 

New content is coming to Don't Starve Together and the borders are going to be much wider now, since the Return of Them BETA makes the ocean navigable and adds the Lunar Island. Now you can sail on water in your boat, exploring new biomes and creatures. If you have played Don't Starve: Shipwrecked, you know that the maritime borders aren't [editor's note: or 'are'?] like the ones on DST:RoT. As seen from the picture, there isn't anything significant in the outer borders in the beta given that the sea abruptly ends with a line.

Do you like the new borders? Or rather would you prefer more discrete borders made with rocks, cliffs, spikes, corals, reeds etc.?

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

It's still a beta, and there's a waterfall in the Top left of the map, seemingly with the intent to replace the current "border" we've got going on.

Presumably the borders will be waterfalls, just like in hamlet

3 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

More likely the fog from Shipwrecked, since the waterfalls in Hamlet are since the world of Hamlet is a floating island in the sky :p

22 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's beta content, meaning it's unfinished. They'll likely add something. (They could always just go the pokemon route and throw in a wall of sea stacks)

Yes it´s a beta but I wanted to give the couple the ideas :)

8 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

The Waterfalls are not bad idea but I think that it may be more original :)

4 hours ago, Mr. Tiddles said:

More likely the fog from Shipwrecked, since the waterfalls in Hamlet are since the world of Hamlet is a floating island in the sky :p

4 hours ago, Fi7iP said:

The Waterfalls are not bad idea but I think that it may be more original :)

Im not happy with it being waterfalls, nor was it a suggestion. The Waterfall Model from Hamlet has been ported over, as well as a bugged one exists somewhere on the map. I doubt they will change it so it will be waterfalls. Maybe its lore related, but Im curious what will be visible beyond the waterfalls, they can't clearly use stormy water again

I reckon, from a lore standpoint (old cardboardy-props waves of old "ocean" being replaced by actual water), waterfalls at margin of map makes for the logical choice in such development. Maybe this also hints at the nature of "Moon" as perhaps some type of water-deity or a Lovecraftian otherworldly being, linked to water (think in the line of Moon-and-tides, as Moon Island appears to be a part of "Moon" fallen on the Constant continent: "The missing chunk is a recent development." - Wickerbottom examining "Moon" Figure).

I think the old water was just replaced with a more calm water, one that you can actually sail on. So from too dangerous to travel on to one that is safe to travel on. I don't think it went from fake water to real water.  Maybe it did but I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Fi7iP said:

Why you not happy with the waterfalls, i think is better than just a normal line but it´s still in beta and in future can that be more original :)

How does that make any sense tho, it would mean the constant is a plate above something larger, and that means that caves/ruins would lead down there

2 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

How does that make any sense tho, it would mean the constant is a plate above something larger, and that means that caves/ruins would lead down there

Welp, this is my headcannon now.

17 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Počítám, že z lore stanoviska (staré vlnité kartonové rekvizity starého "oceánu" jsou nahrazeny skutečnou vodou), vodopády na okraji mapy jsou logickou volbou v takovém vývoji. Možná, že to také naznačuje povahu "Měsíce", jako možná nějaký druh vody-božstvo nebo Lovecraftian bytost, která je spojena s vodou (myslet v řadě Měsíce a přílivu , protože Ostrov Měsíce se zdá být součástí "Měsíc" padl na Konstantní kontinent: "Chybějící kus je nedávný vývoj." - Wickerbottom zkoumá "Měsíc" Obrázek).

Myslím, že vývojáři nepřidávají vlny, protože lodě v lodích DST RoT jsou méně zdatné, aby se vyhnuly vlnám, ale v budoucnu se mohou změnit :)

16 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Jak to dělá smysl, to by znamenalo, že konstanta je deska nad něčím větším, a to znamená, že jeskyně / zříceniny by tam vedly dolů

Neřekl jsem, že vodopády jsou nejlepší variantou, ale myslím, že je lepší než normální linie. Jedna osoba napsala, že to může být limit mlhy jako v SW. To by mohlo být lepší než vodopády, ale nedokážu si představit, jak by to mohlo fungovat.

Thank you for your comments and ideas :)

I do think it would be interesting to imagine waterfalls that lead down to the original waves we used to have

Pretty bizarre imagery

Although, I wouldn't be at all upset for anything new, like a writhing mess of shadow creatures circling the archipelago. Or simply no border but that sea creatures will hunt down, wreck and despawn anything that gets too far out like GTA's sharks style.

unknown.png

I feel like people still haven't seen this, so here it is.

Ignore the Crocodog, but that there is the waterfall, it's been there for a bit, I still kind of expect it to be the border.

1 hour ago, Cosheeta said:

like a writhing mess of shadow creatures circling the archipelago

I love this.

6 minutes ago, -Variant said:

I love this.

I find it interesting because lore wise it could be interpreted as the moon island being like a beacon in the dark that stops the shadows from swallowing the normal islands. Like the constant is a "safe haven" for the survivors as a result of this war between insanity and enlightenment

1 hour ago, Cosheeta said:

I find it interesting because lore wise it could be interpreted as the moon island being like a beacon in the dark that stops the shadows from swallowing the normal islands. Like the constant is a "safe haven" for the survivors as a result of this war between insanity and enlightenment

I love it.X2

9 minutes ago, Cosheeta said:

Považuji to za zajímavé, protože by to mohlo být vykládáno jako měsíční ostrov jako maják ve tmě, který zastaví stíny v polykání normálních ostrovů. Stejně jako konstanta je "útočištěm" pro přeživší v důsledku této války mezi šílenstvím a osvícením

Interesting ;)

16 minutes ago, -Variant said:

unknown.png

I feel like people still haven't seen this, so here it is.

Ignore the Crocodog, but that there is the waterfall, it's been there for a bit, I still kind of expect it to be the border.

I love this.

Are you on normal DST RoT?

I am never see that in DST RoT.

But it's true I haven't played it for a long time :)

Archived