We need better way to get eggs

inferjus4

Does Hamlet need more ways to get eggs?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. -II-

• Yes
    • No

The only way to get eggs in Hamlet is by chopping rainforest trees or by creating a birdcage. In RoG and SW we have more ways to get them, like tropical trees that drop them a lor or penguins. In Hamlet eggs are must-have thing because of gunpowder that is needed to find Aporkalypse Calendar, but there are only 2 ways to get them (one is quite costly because of limited resources of gold, second ine is grindy as heck).
I can suggest to make peafowls be able to lay eggs occasionally, so we could find them lying on the ground when exploring the world. If you have a better suggestion or disagree with me, write in the comments.

39 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

Maybe I am just bad at rushing Bird Cage. In my next Hamlet game I will try to rush it to be able to create more gunpowder.

EDIT: my mistake, it's bird trap, not birdcage( birdcage is pretty easy to get as long as you have gold )

Consider if you start in Hamlet and not having skyworthy before day 60

In the old days, I found BIRD TRAP is buggy in Hamlet ( usually take longer time or even not catching one bird )

here is a little trick to catch a bird without using bird trap

Spoiler

buy sleep dart which is 10 oincs in weapon shop at second pig ruin

simply shoot down one bird, and punch it lightly, and then you may pick it up, carefully not killing it

Spoiler

hire guards to hunt snaptooth is also a way to replace monster meats for egg

56 minutes ago, gghhrr said:

Consider if you start in Hamlet and not using skyworthy before day 60

In the old days, I find birdcage is pretty buggy in Hamlet ( usually take longer time or even no catching one bird )

here is a little trick

Reveal hidden contents

buy sleep dart which is 10oincs in weapon shop

simply shoot one bird, and punch it lightly, and then you may pick it up, carefully not killing it

Reveal hidden contents

hire guards to hunt snaptooth is also a way to replace monster meats for egg

Maybe I am just bad at rushing Bird Cage. In my next Hamlet game I will try to rush it to be able to create more gunpowder.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I also find it funny you say RoG has more ways to get Eggs than Hamlet, considering it literally does not.

In fact, it actually has less ways to get eggs.
RoG
- bird cage
- pengulls
SW
- bird cage
- jungle trees
HAM
- bird cage
- rainforest trees
- the streling trough deli
Hamlet is the world that has the most methods of obtaining eggs, so I really don't understand the point of this post at all.

30 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

HAM
- bird cage
- rainforest trees
- the streling trough deli
Hamlet is the world that has the most methods of obtaining eggs, so I really don't understand the point of this post at all.

Rainforest trees rarely give eggs and shop has unrestocksble eggs for sale.

8 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

not to mention that those are practically nonrenewable

fortunately, they do

in lush season, chopping down them dropping seeds(called jungle burr, never spoil)

in fact, they also drop jungle burr randomly in that season

( probably bring down by strong wind, was existed long time ago but rare to see at that time )

14 minutes ago, S19TealPenguin said:

My only issue is that the bird trap is harder to get because of how much harder silk is to get in Hamlet. Unless you're @4 Da LOLs and main webber.

I have not mained Webber in over a year I just appreciate the fluff potato

for the cuteness

15 minutes ago, S19TealPenguin said:

My only issue is that the bird trap is harder to get because of how much harder silk is to get in Hamlet. Unless you're @4 Da LOLs and main webber.

Is it much harder, though? Spider monkeys will cocoon every single tree in the first island's deep rainforests if given enough time, and you can just chop those trees for their silk.

3 hours ago, Occulus said:

isn't the drop rate 100% as long as the tree is at the final stage of growth?

No!  You can get one or two snakes, a scorpion, snake and scorpion, or two scorpions!  Have a trap ready because it's instant poison.  

Archived