Character order and unlock requirements

FeNniX

Before Hamlet every character was locked at the beginning, except Wilson. They had to be unlocked either by xp or by quest. Now it is little different. When new player starts game he/she has 3 unlocked characters: Wilson, Wagstaff, Wormwood.

From a new player perspective lot of questions arise: why are unlocked characters so far from each other? Why Hamlet has unlocked character, while Shipwrecked and Rog haven't? Imo, right now it feels really unorganized and imbalanced.

What I suggest is making all characters locked except Wilson. OR one character of each dlc unlocked at the beginning.

While at it, also it would be nice if Hamlet copied character order of previous dlcs: xp characters first, Wilba last.

All characters should be locked except wilson

Walani should be already unlocked without XP when you buy SW And Wilba should be already unlocked without XP when you buy Hamlet, because both are the best noob friendly in that DLC.

Wormwood should be locked not wilba because he is hardcore character and not suitable for new hamlet players.

Wilson should be the only one unlocked when you start a fresh game in my opinion. He IS the most noob friendly after all. Rest should be earned.

Wagstaff should be XP unlockable, not entirely sure where in the xp table he should be though.

Wormwood should be unlocked through doing a certain action, similiar to unlocking Wes in the adventure mode. Maybe after defeating the Queen Womant?

Wilba is fine as she is.

6 hours ago, Namelessgamer said:

All characters should be locked except wilson

Walani should be already unlocked without XP when you buy SW And Wilba should be already unlocked without XP when you buy Hamlet, because both are the best noob friendly in that DLC.

Wormwood should be locked not wilba because he is hardcore character and not suitable for new hamlet players.

I do not agree on idea of unlocking Wilba by buying Hamlet. It will make player used to stealing items from pig farms for free and also removes one of the game objectives (killing Queen Womant).

Wagstaff needs to be moved as last character to unlock thru exp in DS cause he is really a special character that needs to be worked for.

after playing with him I always feel a need for his uniqueness in all other characters as they set him apart just like Maxwell.

3 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

It will make player used to stealing items from pig farms for free

No it will give a chance to survive, it's like training wheel, once you get better you will remove it and play without it.

3 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

also removes one of the game objectives (killing Queen Womant).

Bundling wrap+crown still there, and maybe make bringing back the crown to the queen unlock wormwood.

23 minutes ago, Namelessgamer said:

No it will give a chance to survive, it's like training wheel, once you get better you will remove it and play without it.

I still think it will make players used to getting pig stuff for free.

24 minutes ago, Namelessgamer said:

Bundling wrap+crown still there, and maybe make bringing back the crown to the queen unlock wormwood.

This way of unlocking Wormwood makes no sense, with Wilba it makes great sense and I love the way players are supposed to unlock her.

19 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

Eeveryone's forgetting Wheeler would be a great HAM starting char,  i mean,  she's even got a hot air balloon outside of the constant.

Wheeler is currently the MOST OP character in the game right now. She goes even above Maxwell/Wagstaff in terms of uniqueness.

I agree with Wilson being the only unlocked one, alongside Walani if you bought Shipwrecked, just because it is silly having to unlock a gazillion characters first to be able to unlock the "noob-ish SW character" (even tho i do not recommend her at all to a new DS player since the minuscule amount of hunger penalty can destroy people that have never played the game). 

I would make Wagstaff not too hard to unlock in terms of days (probably before RoG chars), while Wormwood probably the last one, after Wheeler, since he is a challenge character and being able to select him from the start is questionable. 

2 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

The robot would like to have a word with you.

the robot can get in an arm wrestling match with Wolfgang.

3 hours ago, JosePapp said:

Unique doesn't mean OP. Find her quite balanced.

has a gadget that tracks anything in the game and a horn which shoots grass doing 30 damage AND can also dodge and become invulnerable  every 1.5 seconds....oh and she become more faster the lesser stuff she carries in inventory

I play as Wigfrid and playing with her made me feel too OP to the point I didn't feel much of a challenge at all.

she is a very unique and cool character with too much good stuff which should be locked behind good amount of exp.

9 hours ago, MWY said:

has a gadget that tracks anything in the game

Which is useless outside of a few sole examples (Doydoys, Slot Machine, Things, etc); typically when you find one of a certain resource, there's multiple nearby. I'd like the Navigadget more if you could put an item in it and it would slowly reveal all of that item on the map

16 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Which is useless outside of a few sole examples (Doydoys, Slot Machine, Things, etc); typically when you find one of a certain resource, there's multiple nearby. I'd like the Navigadget more if you could put an item in it and it would slowly reveal all of that item on the map

that is quite an OP gadget your asking for, for an already OP character.

I mean why do even need an Adventurer Explorer when we can see it all on the map.

2 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

It’s overpowered as hell in Hamlet. Slanty Shanty by day 2 from just selling artifacts found via GPS, no need to explore.

2 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

It’s overpowered as hell in Hamlet. Slanty Shanty by day 2 from just selling artifacts found via GPS, no need to explore.

You can get Slanty Shanty on day one, just kill the Mayor. He is useless and killing him gives you also other things: Royal Guard Contract, House Permit Expansion and Demolition Permit.

2 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

You can get Slanty Shanty on day one, just kill the Mayor. He is useless and killing him gives you also other things: Royal Guard Contract, House Permit Expansion and Demolition Permit.

Wat? Is that legal?

Does that make guards hunt me?

Can I take items from shelves w/o bandit mask?

1 hour ago, Desblat said:

Wat? Is that legal?

Does that make guards hunt me?

Can I take items from shelves w/o bandit mask?

If you attack Mayor 2 Royal Guards will appear. You can try to block one behind the table (they can not avoid such obstacles) and kite second one. When you are done, you can finish off Mayor and steal all items.
If you exit the building all nearby Royal Guards will try to kill you and they will not forget your crimes. You have to kill them if you do not want to be chased by them for eternity. I usually just run away and try to take them one by one by luring one out of the city and killing.
I never use Bandit Mask to steal items from shelves. I usually just buy things from the store or kill shopkeeper to steal the items if it is worth it and to me worth killing are only Mayor and Cantor Owner. Mayor's items are possible to craft, so he is not needed in town and Cantor Owner has this sweet 100 oincs to steal.

Archived