Bull Kelp and Stone Fruit in the crockpot

What should go into the crockpot?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to put bull kelp into the crock pot?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you said yes to the previous question, which forms of bull kelp should be allowed? (Select all that apply)

• Raw
    • Cooked
    • Dried
    • I said no to the previous question but the poll makes me answer this question
  3. 3. Should Stone fruit be allowed in a crockpot

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. If you answered yes to the previous question, which forms of stone fruit should be allowed

• Raw
    • Cooked
    • Still in stone
    • I said no to the previous question but the poll makes me answer this question
  5. 5. Stone Fruit is currently considered a vegetable in the crock pot, do you agree?

• Yes it should be vegetable
    • No it should be fruit

Stone fruit should remain a fruit because.

1. It's called a fruit.

2. It's too easy to farm to be a veggie. Vegetables are supposed to be more difficult to obtain, making a Stone fruit a veggie would basicall make all other fruits useless. Once you get a little farm going they are super easy to obtain.

30 minutes ago, X-lem said:

Stone fruit should remain a fruit because.

1. It's called a fruit.

2. It's too easy to farm to be a veggie. Vegetables are supposed to be more difficult to obtain, making a Stone fruit a veggie would basicall make all other fruits useless. Once you get a little farm going they are super easy to obtain.

The reason for it being a vegetable (as it currently is ingame) is because it's basically an avocado. This way, the avocado can be used in the guacamole recipe (guacamole excludes fruit, you'll still need a cactus flesh in the crock pot even with the stone fruit). Also, despite avocados being fruits their taste and use is comparable to vegetables.

For the second one, I've always found fruits to be the harder one to obtain. Vegetables are abundant from cactus (and their flowers), bunnymen, and lichen. Other than berries, fruits are really only available through farms (farms are also the only way to get any fruits with 1.0 fruit value).

2 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:

For the second one, I've always found fruits to be the harder one to obtain. Vegetables are abundant from cactus (and their flowers), bunnymen, and lichen. Other than berries, fruits are really only available through farms (farms are also the only way to get any fruits with 1.0 fruit value).

Interesting, this is always why I have found veggie harder to obtain. You can dig up berry bushes, replant, and fertilize them and they last a while before needing to be refertalized. Veggie on the other hand you either have to go searching for (mushrooms and lichen) or build a farm (which are expensive and requires hunting for seeds). Bunnymen are a decent source for carrots I'll give you that.

3 hours ago, X-lem said:

Interesting, this is always why I have found veggie harder to obtain. You can dig up berry bushes, replant, and fertilize them and they last a while before needing to be refertalized. Veggie on the other hand you either have to go searching for (mushrooms and lichen) or build a farm (which are expensive and requires hunting for seeds). Bunnymen are a decent source for carrots I'll give you that.

"hunting" for seeds? Those flying rats are constantly littering my base with them.

Stone Fruit should be veg. It's not game breaking considering how easy it is to set up a carrot farm that's nearly automated relatively early in the game and the abundance of mushroom and lichen, and mushroom farms for that matter. Though, I rarely do those.

Because English speakers have the same word with two different meanings. For example, a cucumber is the fruit of its plant but it doesn't belong to "fruits". Most people would say watermelon is a fruit because it's sweet but the plant is a relative of the cucumber and pumkin so the melon is a real vegetable. And Klei count melons as "fruits" like apples and oranges. Oh boy. 

11 hours ago, TaffyMatt said:

Why would stone FRUIT be a vegetable?

Likely for the same reason tomatoes and avocados (the fruit that seems to be the inspiration for stone fruit) are thought of as vegetables, despite actually being fruits. Not all fruits are sweet like you might think.

I hope stone fruits can be an alternative filler for guacamoles eventually. For kelp, I think it shouldn't be "crock pot-able". It can be dried in a short time for a good sanity food and this is enough. I think the existence of kelp is for easy lunacy management.

1 hour ago, axxel said:

I hope stone fruits can be an alternative filler for guacamoles eventually. For kelp, I think it shouldn't be "crock pot-able". It can be dried in a short time for a good sanity food and this is enough. I think the existence of kelp is for easy lunacy management.

I believe cactus already can be exchanged for rock fruit in the guacamole recipe. Someone screenshoted it a few days after RoT came out

Edit : 5ce341dcaee0e_moleproof.gif.dccebda91186

Credit goes to @lakhnish

Archived