Big Wormwood thing that needs fixing ASAP

Szczuku

Gotta wear scailmail or obsidian armor if you don't want to get burned

Or just a thunderbird hat since they are here for a reason

Wormwood is probably the worst character to play in shipwrecked : ^) 

10 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

wasnt this a perk of wormwood that he needs a scalemail for lightning

yes, but snakeskin hat provide immunity from lightning damage, therefore Wormwood shouldn't be set on fire

3 hours ago, gghhrr said:

yes, but snakeskin hat provide immunity from lightning damage, therefore Wormwood shouldn't be set on fire

yes eyebrella provides also vs lightning but with wormwood it doesnt. you need eyebrella and the scalemail to be safe

2 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

Also why Wormood is set on fire when placing campfire? He should be only put on fire when the fire is big, not when you just place it.

this is only in DS. in DST he wont burn from fire. ive played wormwood in ds and i was always on fire and yesterday i played a world with wormwood in dst and i never caught on fire. i even did burn trees in winter and walked threw them

4 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

yes eyebrella provides also vs lightning but with wormwood it doesnt. you need eyebrella and the scalemail to be safe

no, if wx-78 with snakeskin hat doesn't overload when struck by lightning

Wormwood shouldn't catch on fire as well

1 hour ago, gghhrr said:

no, if wx-78 with snakeskin hat doesn't overload when struck by lightning

Wormwood shouldn't catch on fire as well

yea but it is like that. maybe they changed it i dunno but in hamlet it was no lighting protection for wormwood. i think only the thunder hat and a scalemail could protect him

9 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

yea but it is like that. maybe they changed it i dunno but in hamlet it was no lighting protection for wormwood. i think only the thunder hat and a scalemail could protect him

Then he may as well be unplayable in SW. Because I doubt that many players will have either of those things before Hurricane Season.

2 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Then he may as well be unplayable in SW. Because I doubt that many players will have either of those things before Hurricane Season.

I totally agreed with you, lightning is frequently happened in SW, and almost 100% of them directly strike on you, quite strange

if Wormwood with lightning protection gear doesn't protect him from lightning

he will be simply killed in early days

in Hamlet there is interior, healing mechanic for Wormwood

in SW, there is only death

guys just check older forum post about this. he was on fire all the time. you coudnt go in the thunderbiome with wormwood withoud burning and loosing a lot of hp. no one knew what to do till someone discovered that the scalemail protects him.

and the thunderhat protected him but after an update it doesnt anymore. in this time they were a lot of weird things going on cause we didnt know if its a bug or its intendet.

so maybe they changed it so that the eyebrella is protecting him vs lightning now. but i never heard or saw something about these changes.

someoen should just try it out lol. ill do it and edit

OK I JUST TESTED IT: dunno why you say hes catching on fire with a snakeskin hat. he doesnt. any lightning protection protects him from lightning like all ohter chars.

snakeskinhat protects him. same like eyebrella and all other items.

if he wears onyl a scalemail he catches on fire but doesnt get any damage.

so looks like that was bugs or they changed it after the release of hamlet

7 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

I'm playing him in Sw right now and lemme tell you... it ain't fun... or fair. Y'know, imagine that you're low hp and need to sail to monkey/beefalo island for some poop. And you get hit with a lightnint despite wearing a dumbrella.

You basically need to just stay at base everytime it heavy rains in Sw, and one season is all about that

43 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

OK I JUST TESTED IT: dunno why you say hes catching on fire with a snakeskin hat. he doesnt. any lightning protection protects him from lightning like all ohter chars.

snakeskinhat protects him. same like eyebrella and all other items.

if he wears onyl a scalemail he catches on fire but doesnt get any damage.

so looks like that was bugs or they changed it after the release of hamlet

I can asure you that they didn't. Test it in Sw with snakeskin hat or dumbrella

46 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I'm playing him in Sw right now and lemme tell you... it ain't fun... or fair. Y'know, imagine that you're low hp and need to sail to monkey/beefalo island for some poop. And you get hit with a lightnint despite wearing a dumbrella.

You basically need to just stay at base everytime it heavy rains in Sw, and one season is all about that

what???? i just tested it and the dumbrella protects 100% from lightning. i just made a new world with wormwood and spawned a dumbrella and spawned lighting and i was fine. without dumbrella immidiatly burnming.

so whats going on here lol xxxD

46 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

ok i test it now in swI'm playing him in Sw right now and lemme tell you... it ain't fun... or fair. Y'know, imagine that you're low hp and need to sail to monkey/beefalo island for some poop. And you get hit with a lightnint despite wearing a dumbrella.

what???? i just tested it and the dumbrella protects 100% from lightning. i just made a new world with wormwood and spawned a dumbrella and spawned lighting and i was fine. without dumbrella immidiatly burnming.

so whats going on here lol xxxD

ok i test it now in sw

OK YES HE BURNS IN SW. that has to be a bug in sw or in hamlet. are you gonna report it?

This has been reported on the forum a few weeks ago by Glermz already, quite "loudly" (I mean I would be surprised the dev wouldn't know about it). Well if they don't fix it, please let us know at least that it is intended, just so that we can go on and consider that wormwood = scalemail permanently in the inventory.

Archived