I believe I already know the "normal" ways to obtain nitre on day 1 (mining the surface and caves, drops from caves earthquakes) and the "normal" ways to obtain it later on (petrified forests, meteor fields, and earthquakes in caves still). But the later ones seems RnG and time related.

My question here is: Is there an advanced/glitchy way to obtain more nitre somehow? Or to duplicate it, or something of the sorts. My point is maybe obtaining more nitre without having to mine the whole map.

I never really cared to purposely stockpile nitre before (it did that on its own because of lack of uses for it) but now having a decent bunch of nitre quickly and early on may prove useful for some things. I've read something about moleworms, but I'm not sure how that works. If anyone has some info, feel free to share.

23 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I've read something about moleworms, but I'm not sure how that works. If anyone has some info, feel free to share.

okay so what you do is you get a single mineral when a moleworm hole if the worm still survives it will eventually make a new one allowing for renewable and cheap gold, flint, rocks, and in your case nitre

20 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I believe I already know the "normal" ways to obtain nitre on day 1 (mining the surface and caves, drops from caves earthquakes) and the "normal" ways to obtain it later on (petrified forests, meteor fields, and earthquakes in caves still). But the later ones seems RnG and time related.

My question here is: Is there an advanced/glitchy way to obtain more nitre somehow? Or to duplicate it, or something of the sorts. My point is maybe obtaining more nitre without having to mine the whole map.

I never really cared to purposely stockpile nitre before (it did that on its own because of lack of uses for it) but now having a decent bunch of nitre quickly and early on may prove useful for some things. I've read something about moleworms, but I'm not sure how that works. If anyone has some info, feel free to share.

U can use moleworms for a nitre farm, meat and other minerals... 

Here how you can multiply moleworms burrows by using bundling wraps:

• pick up 4 moleworms in the desired moleworm area.
  • bundle them
  • drop them on the floor
  • moleworm is no longer associated to the previous burrow and will create a new one

at dusk or night while the moleworms are out, shovel their burrows for minerals (dont kill the moles if you do that)

OR 

whack them for meat and also for spawning krampus if you have enough of them

1 hour ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

if the worm still survives it will eventually make a new one allowing for renewable and cheap gold, flint, rocks, and in your case nitre

32 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

you can multiply moleworms burrows by using bundling wraps

I think this may be the safest bet to consistently keep duplicating nitre without time constrains: basically we trade a rope (for the bundling) and some hammer durability (to capture the moles alive) for 4 attempts at 20% chance each, of getting a nitre. If this is made in a cave, its probably better so you do not miss out the earthquakes, which may also yield a few extra nitres.

I'll have to test it out. :D Thanks!

13 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think this may be the safest bet to consistently keep duplicating nitre without time constrains: basically we trade a rope and some hammer durability, for 4 attempts at 20% each, of getting a nitre.

as I posted before, you don't have to kill them for the nitre... just shovel their burrows at dusk or night for minerals, just DON'T KILL them. They will make a new burrow if they are still alive.

6 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

as I posted before, you don't have to kill them for the nitre... just shovel their burrows at dusk or night for minerals, just DON'T KILL them, so they can make a new burrow .

Oh I know, I mean you could probably keep doing it with just 4 worms if you don't want to duplicate the worm itself. Each time they make a burrow you can capture the worms,  bundle them, dig the burrows, collect the loot, then drop them again. That's what I mean with a rope and 4 hammer uses, as a trade for 4 chances at 20% each (each time you dig). Of course it probably would be better if you do it with a lot of worms and bundles at once, specially since they will probably get hurt when they are captured and may die eventually, so it will require to keep replacing them ,or healing them.

18 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Oh I know, I mean you could probably keep doing it with just 4 worms if you don't want to duplicate the worm itself. Each time they make a burrow you can capture the worms,  bundle them, dig the burrows, collect the loot, then drop them again. That's what I mean with a rope and 4 hammer uses, as a trade for 4 chances at 20% each (each time you dig). Of course it probably would be better if you do it with a lot of worms and bundles at once, specially since they will probably get hurt when they are captured and may die eventually, so it will require to keep replacing them ,or healing them.

no.. look.. don't collect them nor keep them in the bundle for farming minerals.... just let them alone WHILE you shovel the burrows so they make another burrow quickly for you to keep shoveling

doesn't make sense to collect them unless you want to multiply their burrows ONLY... in that case you can indeed heal them

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

no.. look.. don't collect them or keep them in the bundle for farming minerals.... just let them alone WHILE you shovel the burrows so they make another burrow quickly for you to keep shoveling

doesn't make sense to collect them unless you want to multiply their burrows ONLY

Gotcha!:wilson_goodjob:

@ShadowDuelist let me know if this is fast pls. normally mining perified trees for nitre is very fast cause the petrified trees dont need much hits to be mined.

in my worlds i switch to maxwell and then i mine the whole caves and overworld in 10-15 days. trees petrify kinda fast.

35 minutes ago, Webberboyo said:

I'm pretty sure I read once that you can cause earthquakes somehow I think by possibly setting off gunpowder while youre down in the caves.

Maybe to prevent using nitre we can use slurtle slime, which is technically cheaper (you can feed snurtles by giving them any minerals you have excess of, like gold or flint)

I was in a public server where i could get 40 morsels from moles in a day before winter ever started because I bundled a ton of moleworms. Do note that Wendy and Wes are the best at making the moleworm farms because the hammer takes THREE hits to kill the moleworm because their low damage, meaning they can bundle the same moleworm twice before it dies and has to respawn. So two new homes per mole can be created for Wendy/Wes. One new home per mole for everyone else.

I haven't messed with this idea much, but I think you can duplicate moles without bundling wrap too. I think you can take an overworld mole into the caves and he will created a new home in the cave. Then take him back up and he will create another home above. Again, wendy and wes do this better.

Archived