Automatic deletion of gas inside the middle door for three-door termo airlock?

Hi,

Do you have any ready-made automation for a three-door airlock (with a middle door open to block temperature shifts) that deletes the gas in the middle door once the duplicant passes through, whichever direction he went?

Thanks for helping me :)

On 03/06/2019 at 4:58 AM, bleeter6 said:

Two weight plates with an and gate.

You only need one weight plate, wired into the middle door on one of the outer ones.

Of course, then you need at least two of the setup because the door breaks pathing every time.

3 minutes ago, Yunru said:

You only need one weight plate, wired into the middle door on one of the outer ones.

Of course, then you need at least two of the setup because the door breaks pathing every time.

How open door breaks pathing?

If two doors closed, middle one must be open. If dupe open one of the door, middle one must close in a couple of seconds (he pass all three doors by this time)

1 minute ago, Prince Mandor said:

How open door breaks pathing?

If two doors closed, middle one must be open. If dupe open one of the door, middle one must close in a couple of seconds (he pass all three doors by this time)

Because when the middle door closes, it briefly locks. It won't break the pathing of the dupe using it, but it'll break all other dupes going to use it unless there's another valid path.

5 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Because when the middle door closes, it briefly locks. It won't break the pathing of the dupe using it, but it'll break all other dupes going to use it unless there's another valid path.

Thank you for explanation.

I didn't think about it

Another issue that I haven't been able to solve with this kind is setup is that it's not actually effective as an airlock. You will get gas leakage every time a dupe passes through. 

So this is a temp blocker but not a gas blocker.  So far I've also had to water lock in addition to the 3 door temp lock to get the results I want. 

12 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Another issue that I haven't been able to solve with this kind is setup is that it's not actually effective as an airlock. You will get gas leakage every time a dupe passes through. 

So this is a temp blocker but not a gas blocker.  So far I've also had to water lock in addition to the 3 door temp lock to get the results I want. 

might try this setup using visco gel

20181010120645_1.thumb.jpg.1b764fb6f1e60545ed1bb81b7790b09e.jpg

if you don't have visco gel yet you can stack other liquids to get the same effect

20181006025821_1.thumb.jpg.5b2ced8ff5c832f5053e99da13fe1e54.jpg

2 hours ago, Yunru said:

Another solution would be to place a pump in between the two doors. Make both doors one way and add a checkpoint on the entrance side. Make the checkpoint turn on when the pressure in the pump room is below 1. If there is sufficient pressure in both rooms, gas will flow into the pump room, but not out. While the pump resets the pressure, the dupes will not break pathing, but stop at the checkpoint instead.

You will still need 2 rooms though as you need one for each direction. An added benefit is that it doesn't actually delete the gas and it can be filtered and released back into the rooms in question. This means you will not delete chlorine from your chlorine room and slowly turn it into a vacuum.

Simple solution is an AND gate and two weight plates, but this only works for a thermo lock essentially.  Gas packets will leak between the two sides, so if you need to ensure gases don't exchange, you really need a water lock as well.

5cf6c78dd4f55_ThermolockDoorAutomation.thumb.png.34506787a50bdea757c7eb41cc46d1e8.png

This is the design I use for any area that I want thermo and gas protected.  The two small packets of water on the ledges keep a vacuum in the middle.  The two doors create a vacuum on the right.  Any gas from the right side is deleted by the door.  In general you don't need the doors to maintain this kind of lock, but I like having them there to ensure that the gases are kept separate. 

The easiest way to create this is to build a tempshift plate out of ice in this area and let it melt.  Build a tile in the bottom dip to force the water up onto the ledges, then delete that tile and most of the water will fall down but just enough will stay above to maintain this lock.

5cf6c78a5fdff_GasandThermolockDoorAutomation.thumb.png.6f8d2d9c2912064e0a81186ddbee504d.png

1 hour ago, DemainaNyx said:

Simple solution is an AND gate and two weight plates, but this only works for a thermo lock essentially.

That wastes a good 70 odd kg of refined metal.

Lose the and gate, the middle pressure plate, and one of the end ones. Wire the remaining pressure plate straight into the middle door.

22 minutes ago, Yunru said:

That wastes a good 70 odd kg of refined metal.

Lose the and gate, the middle pressure plate, and one of the end ones. Wire the remaining pressure plate straight into the middle door.

True, you can just use a single weight plate under one of the outer doors, but since the stuff literally falls from the sky, you don't really need to save on refined metals.

Archived