Apology of healing tools - or: as I stopped fearing Wortox, dragonpie and pierogi, and to love honey poultice and healing salve

Yes, despite the predominant and unanimous opinion that the healing tools are sub-optimal in the game, I want to go against the current.
And not because everyone is wrong: on the contrary, you are perfectly right. Food, on average, give more life, as well as hunger and sanity. And with the wraps, there is not even the problem that perishes.
With Wortox then, health, healt everywhere!
However, you must cultivate healing food. The dragon fruit, you must dirty your hands with mud and dung. You have to build a vegetable garden, the bird cages, cross the seeds, stock up on manure ... what a thankless job! But what are we, noble scientists or vulgar farmers?
And Wortox? Who trusts Krampus? Not me. A monstrous being with demonic powers that claims to cure me with "the soul" of other creatures. Demon, you will corrupt the weak with your filthy presence, not the herald of reason!

The honey poultice and the healing salve are more civilized treatment methods: elegant plasters and discreet healing creams. For the gentleman scientist who must never ask.

image.thumb.png.82250bd09c4d73885b42ce3a10f6e507.png

One group of people rootin' for salve and poultice, another group of people rootin' for pierogies and dragonfruit, and I'm over here laughing at them both as I consume the royal jelly beans. Jellybeans.png.be6fb7430df16f01187c4e662e944605.png

17 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

I wonder if wormwood  will even be allowed to consume jelly beans.

I mean, they let wigfrid eat them and she's strictly a carnivore 

She can also eat some candy from the Halloween event so this is actually not as unusual as you might think

15 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

The honey poultice and the healing salve are more civilized treatment methods: elegant plasters and discreet healing creams. For the gentleman scientist who must never ask.

Tbh, relying on one single healing method or a character is just a bad game strat tbh. No character should be responsible for people's own preparation. Ofc Wortox is a nice addition but never as a reliable healing method cuz every player should be responsible for their own health management. 

Food is ofc the easiest way but I always carry extra healing that doesn't degrade overtime for an emergency. 

46 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

She can also eat some candy from the Halloween event so this is actually not as unusual as you might think

Neat. Nice to know there are exceptions for things like events and some boss items so she dosen't feel left out

47 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Tbh, relying on one single healing method or a character is just a bad game strat tbh. No character should be responsible for people's own preparation. Ofc Wortox is a nice addition but never as a reliable healing method cuz every player should be responsible for their own health management. 

THANK YOU.

So many times in a pub server where people shout my name as wortox while I'm in the caves/ruins, or on the other side of the map and doing nothing until I come home when there ingredients for perogi in the fridge the whole time (I didn't gather 50 blue mushrooms just so they could rot maxwell)

1 hour ago, Brago-sama said:

I wonder if wormwood  will even be allowed to consume jelly beans.

I mean, they let wigfrid eat them and she's strictly a carnivore 

Gameplay-wise its somewhere in-between being food (it's made in the crock pot, it uses the eating animation) and being a healing item (it never spoils, provides no food or sanity when consumed, Wigfrid can eat/use them). I'm more inclined to think its a healing item, and as such he should be able to use them.

It's a boss item: If you went through ALL the trouble to kill bee queen, you should get some benefit from it. Otherwise in a solo world as wormwood, just for the helmet I probably wouldn't even bother.

Archived