[Poll] On Farm Produce

Applied Horticulture  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best farm produce?

2. 2. What's the worst farm produce?

3. 3. What do you do with your crops (aside from Dragonfruit, wherein the option is obvious)

• I feed them to my bird and use the seeds as bait or food for my pet.
    • I use them as fillers or ingredients for my food. Especially Pierogi.
    • I immediately feed them to the Beefalo.
    • I am a Wigfrid main and they are noot foods fit for a warrior!
    • They're all useless compared to dragonfruit so i store them in a chest and let them rot >:)
    • I cook and eat them directly.
    • no need to cook, i eat them right after pickign them off the farm
    • I use them as bait for Bunnies, Bunnymen, Gobblers or Pigs.
    • melon hat for the win
    • other (pls place in the comments! :D)

It depends on the produce and on my level of stupidity. Melon hat is a must(and the melon-popsicle thing too), corn becomes tacos, pumpkins become cookies but the rest(durian and dragonfruit  included) are either eaten raw most of the time or thrown into the crockpot if I feel like it. If I have a moment of lucidity the durians are piled up in a corner to rot and become booster shots or fertilizer 

"Deal with" them?  You make it sound like having MORE food around in a game called "Don't STARVE Together" is a problem!  : P

Let's see...eat, store, filler, feed, wear, lantern, scarecrow...they're not exactly useless ya know.  Oh, I guess if you absolutely must play !!OPTIMAL!! whenever possible, but if you don't give a beep about that--EVERY veggie is welcome!

dstcivday200actualcrops.png.6b4e634b6acebc08bc295718a45da666.png

...I even deliberately use mods that (among other things) add MORE variety of crops to the game!  (That is not a Gorge onion, by the way.  "Pickle It" was made way before that.  Also those are only basic farms because Civ Challenge.)  Also more fruit.  Such as that pineapple bush (oh no, whatever shall I do, I can't put down another thing to make food because...a FOOD is in the way!) and...

dstcivday211damnwinter.png.bfa4904112e2b716b4a5eb968804ee34.png

...orchard trees, and...

mintkitties.png.737d58cad55353f2546093a869fcdff4.png

...spearmint-flavoured kitties tea leaves for new beverages...

onefootinthegrave.thumb.png.2e5d0d2cb23ab3e92446caf91f6f4e8a.png

I even do farms when playing Wigfrid!  Sometimes you want filler close by.  (shrug)

Now, I realise my style isn't gonna work for everyone--I've got a very messy, laisez-faire, "Hey whatever" way of base-building that relies more on already being around good, plentiful nature and building things wherever seems to make the most convenience-sense at the time.  I leave berry bushes where they are and walk to them if they're close, etc.

But for those who like everything really symmetrical and neat and beautiful, i can totally see why you wouldn't want unnecessary crops taking up room.  But hey!  No sense in wasting perfectly good veg!  You got any "nuisance" produce lying around, you toss it on over my way, ya hear?  (Wait, why did I suddenly turn all "country" in this post?  Maybe it was all the farming talk.  : P)

...Notorious

12 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Since farm produce apart from Dragonfruit isn't too useful, how do you guys deal with them?

I think this poll would have been much more useful if you divided into different categories like: eating raw, for health, for sanity, etc

obv most people are gonna say dragon fruit obvs... but if you want to eat them for hunger raw pumpkin is the best (34 hunger) ... but in general I wouldn't say pumpkin is better than dragon fruit you see? some meaningful categories actually help gather useful info. rn you just confirmed common known knowledge.

Roasted eggplant is a pretty cheap way to restore health too.

If you don't want to go entirely the dragonfruit way, you can also make eggplants for health and pumpkin for hunger.

Maybe when we get wormwood,  he can make different areas for different types of crops. He won't get the most of them, but the team will. A dedicated wormwood could potentially fill entire biomes in crops.

I didn't pay for the Hallowed Nights Chest just to let the slick Fashion Pumpkin skin gather virtual dust in my inventory, so naturally I squee in delight every time I see a watermelon pop up in one of my farm plots. Behold the power of manure.

If only berry bushes weren't so effortless to maintain, I'd definitely consider dedicating a whole plot of land right beside my area of operations to a huge farm to pour all the errant seeds I stumble upon!

Archived