Grills not working anymore

Hi

Can someone find something wrong here ? Plenty of food inside. BBQ & Pepper bread ordered, priority 8.

image.thumb.png.44cc195be1a39cba81c626b7be3fe962.png

Many dupes are under "no pending deliveries", with a quite strange description

image.thumb.png.a9e795e9d16b2fcf09fc5523bc5d375e.png

And for those under "low priority", Travaldo could be an example.

Cooking is high priority, but when I'm checking errand list, nothing is high priority.

image.thumb.png.39694660bbda11587f6441a0e173d54d.png

It has worked well, but not anymore, and not from a long time. I've tried to unbuilt grills, then build it again, nothing better.

I already had some bugs with grills where I had to deconstruct it to make it working again. But now, it doesn't work anymore.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT 1:

Ooookaaay. I've reload the game, back to normal.

image.thumb.png.7ce4dc8c8b0fa492bb4b3aec7b6cce6a.png

And sometimes that the sweeper just above that stop working. I've to deconstruct it, then build it again to make it works. And during all this time, all my food supply is roting from everywhere.

This kitchen is turning me mad... :-/

EDIT 2:

And two mintues later, back to this error status. Now I'm mad.

image.thumb.png.ae926a0851656ddfbcb1869fd415528b.png

EDIT 3 : game restarted, back to normal, until it bugs again...

image.thumb.png.f1cb5645679c2354333c1614d47fec66.png

I give up & quit. It works for one meal, sometimes two, then bug again. Quick math problem : if I play 1 minute then it takes 9 minutes quit the game & reload the save, how much time I will really PLAY if I stay 2 hours in front of my laptop. Easier than thermal reaction problem, you have 5 minutes. ^^

I had a somewhat similar bug with my Microbe Mashers. Try Empty Storage and (to be sure) Compost the food retrieved. Should work again ;)

Additionnaly, I'm not sure if you already did this way, but you should avoid to queue more than 3 different meals, something doesn't work well when you do so.

20 minutes ago, Dracian said:

I had a somewhat similar bug with my Microbe Mashers. Try Empty Storage and (to be sure) Compost the food retrieved. Should work again ;)

Additionnaly, I'm not sure if you already did this way, but you should avoid to queue more than 3 different meals, something doesn't work well when you do so.

Tried to rebuild them, same than when I reload. They cook one meal then no one come anymore to cook. Tried also to queue only 3 different meals per grill, same issue.

My dups will starve very soon, as I have dozens tons of cooking ingredient, but no grill to cook it. I've opened a bug report. I'm afraid I'll stop playing until it's solved. I cannot win against a hard-coded bug.

2 minutes ago, nonoxyl said:

Have you tried emptying the contents of the grill when this happens? I have often experienced the grill getting "stuck" on a build when there is sufficient resources available and emptying the contents of the grill seems to get the process going again.

I've tried unbuilding it. Doesn't it end in the same process ?

26 minutes ago, nonoxyl said:

In my experience, the problem seems to be more frequent when recipes are set to infinite build. 

Exactly this. Whenever I get this bug, it seems like something that is in the grill storage is preventing delivery of other ingredients. 

Composting everything currently in the grill fixes it for sure. 
Rebuilding/reloading/emptying  *sometimes* fixes it, but the problem food is still there, so sometimes it comes back. 
Emptying and changing all recipes to 0, then picking just 1 recipe for forever for a few cycles, and adding back one recipe at a time almost always fixes it, it forces through the problem food that way. 

I usually end up with different grills dedicated to different recipes in late game bases; this seems to solve it entirely. 

I have a similar problem with the water sieve. It randomly stops working despite all conditions met. Reloading solves the problem. Reconstructing saves the problem as well. But since reloading requires ~10 minutes, I prefer to rebuild.

It is also amazing to see what is in storage. Metals, dirt, name it, it is in one of your buildings. I have no idea how it gets there.

Yup, adding new meal one by one seems to solve the problem, at the moment. But when you have a nearly 2000 cycles base and more than 30 dups, it's a real pain to do this stuff... :(

It bugged again, twice, even I was adding one at a time. I've empty the storage, auto-sweeper has moved stuff (to fridge or food stoprage room), then launch again orders, and it works again.

Really awful. I'm not playing anymore, I'm supervising meal orders, only. Grrrr

I've so much cooking ingredient waiting for the grill, my whole conveyor system for food supply is congested, even cooked meals are not travelling anymore. :?

EDIT : still, stuff are bugged. Ari is cooking, but check errand list...

image.thumb.png.4ee5afb5d89951532d1af166281e201b.png

As for the errand list there should be 2 categories. What you are showing is the supply. Nothing is being done since all ingredients seem to be there. But below there should be the cooking (in the last screenshot showing something like: Ari current errand). I wonder what it shows when they don`t do cooking.

Basically there should be 2 lists. One showing all dupes that could deliver and one showing all that could cook.

On 5/24/2019 at 11:23 AM, OxCD said:

I give up & quit. It works for one meal, sometimes two, then bug again. 

I have observed a bug where partial ingredients fill up the grill (or musher) when you do "unlimited" cooking for multiple recipes.  It eventually gets to the point where the internal storage doesn't have enough room to receive the last bit of a particular ingredient too cook an item.  I have had this problem if my 'unlimited' set for a grill is 3 or more recipes.  If I only have 2 recipes set to 'unlimited' then I generally don't run into the problem -- provided that I don't have an overabundance of a particular ingredient.  For example, I had WAY too much pincha peppers once and my dupes filled the grill with pincha peppers -- even though I didn't have any meat available.  The grill reserved enough room for meat to make BBQ, which meant that I couldn't make gristle berries, even though it showed that there was room available in the grill and I had plenty of berries to fry.

My personal solution has been to have multiple grills.  

2 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

It eventually gets to the point where the internal storage doesn't have enough room to receive the last bit of a particular ingredient too cook an item. 

You mean to say all we have to do is to make a mod, which increases the internal storage and the problem will go away?

There is just one small problem with that theory. The grill has 3 internal storage components: input, storage, output. Each has a capacity of 20 tons. I don't think increasing those limits will do us any good.

Maybe it's a float rounding issue.

Just now, Nightinggale said:

You mean to say all we have to do is to make a mod, which increases the internal storage and the problem will go away?

There is just one small problem with that theory. The grill has 3 internal storage components: input, storage, output. Each has a capacity of 20 tons. I don't think increasing those limits will do us any good.

Maybe it's a float rounding issue.

I'm not certain that increasing the storage will solve the problem.  I'm inclined to believe that is in a float rounding issue.  The problem seems to be that fragments build up until there isn't room anymore to actually get a full measure of an ingredient.  This doesn't appear to happen when you're only making one recipe.  It also doesn't happen when you manually tell it to make X recipes for which you have ingredients for.  It only appears to happen when you have multiple recipes set to run continuously any time there are ingredients.

The problem appears to have a number of stages:

• Each ingredient gets loaded into the grill for each recipe until the 'input' is full.
  • You need "uneven" amounts of ingredients (i.e. in a two-ingredient recipe, one ingredient is much more available than the other).  It appears that room is reserved for the ingredient(s) that finish the recipe.  So if you have pinchas and no meat, room is left for the meat.
  • You need multiple recipes set to run continuously any time there are available ingredients.
  • You need fractions of ingredients to be available.   Which can happen even for non-edibles. Like 96% of a pincha peppernut showing up in your food storage area...
  • Time.  This problem, for me, has never happened immediately.  Usually things start off working just fine.  Its usually something I notice when my dupes start starving.

So... to make a good ceramic, you need :

• 60 kg of Fertilizer,
  • 5 kg of Copper
  • 50 kg of Sand
  • 5 kg of Micronutrient fertilizer,
  • 130 kg of Glass,
  • 75 kg of Coal,
  • 80 kg of Clay and
  • 220 kf of Gold amalgam.

Bon appétit !

20190525231508_1.png

2 minutes ago, Cilya said:

• 60 kg of Fertilizer,
  • 5 kg of Copper
  • 50 kg of Sand
  • 130 kg of Glass,
  • 75 kg of Coal,
  • 80 kg of Clay and

Bon appétit !

20190525231508_1.png

...hOW?!?!?

9 hours ago, Cilya said:

• 60 kg of Fertilizer,
  • 5 kg of Copper
  • 50 kg of Sand
  • 130 kg of Glass,
  • 75 kg of Coal,
  • 80 kg of Clay and

Bon appétit !

20190525231508_1.png

.....I have no words

How many times I get rock into fridges...

Thanks all for your answers. I have a few success to make it work by using many advices above. No infinite meal order, one meal type at a time, use often empty storage, unlock the chlorine cooking ingredient storage room (supply should initially only be done by conveyor and sweeper, but now most of it is done by dupes), etc... many annoying stuff but it seems to work, even it needs constant monitoring.

I really hope to see it fixed as soon as possible... :-/

Yeah, I tend to just empty out the storage and it forces it to work again, but it's frustrating. Occasionally I just have to restart it entirely to force it to work. Like someone said above, having a auto sweeper seems to only make it worse. I noticed that when I had an auto sweeper doing deliveries that the Dupes would STILL want to deliver the food. So basically I'd get the sweeper putting in all the food needed into the grill, meanwhile I had dupes trying to put the same ingredients in and getting maybe 50% of them in before the sweeper finished. Then they'd just go "Oh, ingredients done", quit, and drop the rest of the food on the floor. -__- At least put it back in the fridge ya little bugs!

I've noticed something a bit similar with the fridges too. The fridge will be half empty, but they'll stop wanting to put anything in it. THAT I usually just restart for. Suppose perhaps my 'dump it out and tell them to put it back' strat might work, but I don't wanna risk the food rotting and I'd rather just do the restart in case any other storage is borked. Might as well fix it all at once, eh?

That kiln screenshot though... sweet jeebes. D:

Archived