Hey guys, I just wonderet it last day. The only character with sclera and iris both (Like normal humans) are only charlie and Wickerbottom (Wickerbottom's eyes are closed in game but whatever). Is this an little trick, we should know or it's just about careless drawers?

I thinked it's about the knowing don't starve world. When you know what is the don't starve world *your eyes opens up* and you just turns an illuminated person. After that I realised, the Maxwell know more thing about DS world than Charlie. What do you think about that?

wickerbottom ile ilgili görsel sonucudon't starve charlie ile ilgili görsel sonucu

Be warned, if this is your idealized approach and don't want it ruined, don't click below

Spoiler

I'm pretty positive this same question was being bounced around a lot a few years back, and the artists just said it was artistic expression, really. The difference between eyes is simply just what they thought would look best for the given character, hence why all the eyes in the game for any characters are so vastly inconsistent.

1 hour ago, Auth said:

Hide contents

I'm pretty positive this same question was being bounced around a lot a few years back, and the artists just said it was artistic expression, really. The difference between eyes is simply just what they thought would look best for the given character, hence why all the eyes in the game for any characters are so vastly inconsistent.

they are always saying that. ofthen the artist arent aware what they are drawing. the one who decides which art style will be used in the game should be asked

1 hour ago, Auth said:

Be warned, if this is your idealized approach and don't want it ruined, don't click below

Hide contents

This.

For Charlie, her "elegant" style wouldn't really work with pupil-less eyes or black dots for eyes. 

For Wickerbottom, she's a cranky old cat lady, yup. (And also her character would look odd without pupils, in comparison to every other character that lack them.)

Something I've noticed is the style inconsistency in don't starve universe. Like, maxwell had a full grown body but later he just looks like a kid as a survivor. In game this might be a hint of maxwell's "god-like" status, and makes sense to see him degraded. But also the artwork and the william carter puzzles have this inconsistency.

The same happens with eyes, but after several hours of deep thinking I just assumed it was pure artistical expression. Some characters have dots as eyes (wilson, winona) others have totally blank eyes (Wendy, willow), and others have pupils (Wickerbottom, Charlie). And it basically resumes all the eye-types of the DS universe.

4 hours ago, GorilaInvisible said:

Something I've noticed is the style inconsistency in don't starve universe. Like, maxwell had a full grown body but later he just looks like a kid as a survivor.

The survivors are just pawns on the board. Maxwell was, figuratively and literally, the king.

Archived