Jump to content

WILLOW REWORK DISCUSSION


Recommended Posts

If they want to make willow playable again they should really change her lighter,so here's my idea for the lighter

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO HOLD THE LANTERN WHILE YOU HOLD ANOTHER TOOL IN YOUR HAND,SO THAT YOU CAN CHOP TREES IN THE DARK AND YOU WONT HAVE TO PUT YOUR LANTERN DOWN

but if they give her this buff they should make her only wearable by willow cuz it would be too op.

i think the changes for bernie aren't that bad but buffing bernie won't help willow playable again

AND I SEE EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FIRE IMMUNITY THING GUYS COME ON WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU TOOK FIRE DAMAGE ANYWAY SHE HAS IMMUNITY FOR THE FIRST FEW SECONDS(the only time you take fire damage is when you re running away from the fire anyway)

I THINK THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT STUFF THEN THE FIRE IMMUNITY 

if you have any other ideas, feel free to share them

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, first you mentioned the lighter, but then you talked about a lantern the rest of the post.

Second, caps lock, ow.

3rd, there's a lot of other good reasons to have fire Immunity, not just for avoiding damage.

 

While it'd be cool to make her lighter dual wield, it's near impossible right now.
The way the animations work won't support it, they'd have to redo them all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29.4.2019 at 1:05 PM, metallichydra said:

the reason why they want fire immunity, is because they like firefarms ... they just haven't realized that firearms can't be made in dst

or perhaps they want to cook stuff in dragonfly's lava pools?

you can do crazy things with fireimmunity. fire is the most powerful damagemaker in the game.

for example you could place single ropes around bee queen and make a fling and have a starcaller staff to burn the ropes and willow runs around the ropes and aggroes beee queen and make her take damage from the burning ropes. a second player could stand near the fling and turn it on/off so the ropes dont turn to ash.

thats just an example. you could also make more flings and use haywalls or dunno, i ddnt ever made it.

with this strat you could kill evry boss. you just need to have an icestaff to extinguish the boss before he dies so the loot dont get burned

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2019 at 7:05 AM, metallichydra said:

the reason why they want fire immunity, is because they like firefarms ... they just haven't realized that firearms can't be made in dst

or perhaps they want to cook stuff in dragonfly's lava pools?

I think I've heard maybe one person on the pro-fire immunity side say either of those things in passing. No, I do not want fire immunity because of firefarms or lava pool cooking, and in fact I can maybe only recall one person requesting fire immunity because they want firefarms or lava pool cooking.

I want it because it was previously a thing, got removed for questionable reasons, and has no reason to not be brought back.
I want it because it's an integral piece in Willow's character in DS, and is a springboard to design other perks off.
I want it because it's neither OP nor insignificant, and has some unique ideas being brought to the table in regards to combat.

 

2 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

you can do crazy things with fireimmunity. fire is the most powerful damagemaker in the game.

for example you could place single ropes around bee queen and make a fling and have a starcaller staff to burn the ropes and willow runs around the ropes and aggroes beee queen and make her take damage from the burning ropes. a second player could stand near the fling and turn it on/off so the ropes dont turn to ash.

thats just an example. you could also make more flings and use haywalls or dunno, i ddnt ever made it.

with this strat you could kill evry boss. you just need to have an icestaff to extinguish the boss before he dies so the loot dont get burned

You can just do this with Scalemail already, yet people don't because it's wildly inefficient to other strategies.
Fire immunity is not insignificant, it'd definitely make fire based combat strategies more viable, but it's also not this OP god-tier perk, certainly not on the level of WX's upgrades, Wickerbottom's books, or Wolfgang's damage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30.4.2019 at 8:59 PM, Mr.Mulk said:

You can just do this with Scalemail already, yet people don't because it's wildly inefficient to other strategies.

Fire immunity is not insignificant, it'd definitely make fire based combat strategies more viable, but it's also not this OP god-tier perk, certainly not on the level of WX's upgrades, Wickerbottom's books, or Wolfgang's damage.

people are doing it already and its very efficient but the hardest part is to not get the loot burn. thats why its not popular and scalemail is kinda very expensive for most players.

20 single burning rope can kill a boss in few seconds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

how about getting 1 hp damage per minute in fire?

Why? It won't make much of a diffrence just give her 100% fire immunity

On 28.04.2019 at 10:06 AM, yasir said:

If they want to make willow playable again they should really change her lighter,so here's my idea for the lighter

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO HOLD THE LANTERN WHILE YOU HOLD ANOTHER TOOL IN YOUR HAND,SO THAT YOU CAN CHOP TREES IN THE DARK AND YOU WONT HAVE TO PUT YOUR LANTERN DOWN

but if they give her this buff they should make her only wearable by willow cuz it would be too op.

i think the changes for bernie aren't that bad but buffing bernie won't help willow playable again

AND I SEE EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FIRE IMMUNITY THING GUYS COME ON WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU TOOK FIRE DAMAGE ANYWAY SHE HAS IMMUNITY FOR THE FIRST FEW SECONDS(the only time you take fire damage is when you re running away from the fire anyway)

I THINK THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT STUFF THEN THE FIRE IMMUNITY 

if you have any other ideas, feel free to share them

 

Wow these skills are REALLY useful and will most likely make people choose willow over other characters

ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶦˢ ˢᵃʳᶜᵃˢᵐ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...