Biggest Issues in the Game [Poll]

Biggest Issues  

172 members have voted

1. 1. What are the biggest issues in the game? (Multiple Choice)

• Lack of protection from griefers
    • Lack of end-game content
    • Lack of replayability
    • Game is too difficult
    • Game is too easy
    • Lack of overall content
    • Nothing, game is perfect
    • Other

7 hours ago, Majestix said:

The main problem with the game is the insatiable vocal minority on the forums that, despite constantly receiving new updates, new events, and new content for a game that they only had to pay for once, complain that it does not have enough content and that after 2000 hours they have done everything there was to do.

Part of the reason I hate playing with anyone in the game besides my boyfriend, people are too damn toxic in that sense and super un-fun to be around.There's a reason why developers only marginally listen to the communities when the players want something.

9 hours ago, Majestix said:

The main problem with the game is the insatiable vocal minority on the forums that, despite constantly receiving new updates, new events, and new content for a game that they only had to pay for once, complain that it does not have enough content and that after 2000 hours they have done everything there was to do.

i somewhat agree to this but at the same time i dont think they'd update the game at all if it wasn't giving them money with skins and such. even then they made it pretty clear from release that they would continue to add new features to together, and to be honest im actually surprised they decided to not 'wall off some people' with paid dlcs, as that is actually, in my opinion, a lot better - both for them and for the community - than they probably think it is

i agree that there are toxic people lurking around that complain a lot as if the devs are effortless but talking about lack of content and arguing on it was never a mindless complaint, now being aggressive about it absolutely is

5 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Have you made your own topic about it? Do that and stop derailing other threads.

To add to the original discussion at hand, I would like a mass unravel button for duplicate items.

You’re here talking about unravelling. Is that really your biggest issue? Unravelling? I’m talking about actual issues with the game. 

Personally, I find the interface to be the biggest issue in the game. An update including (or devoted to) making the various interfaces more convenient, polished, and easier-to-use would be a very welcome sight.

For instance: Have you tried planting several stacks of pinecones (or building a bee farm when the area you're trying to build in is swarming with bees)? It's dreadful.

I feel like they should update the performance a little. I honestly can't play with caves on. Well I can, but it's suuuper laggy. Simply moving feels heavy, like your character weighs over 300 kg, get random rubberbanding and game lags everytime day arrives which has killed me more than a few times.

Playing without caves gets boring and repetitive fast, and seeing and empty baldspot where a sinkhole where supposed to be makes me sad. And the caves has all the good stuff, too. Lightbulbs, Bunnymen, fossil fragments, THE RUINS... And much more. 

I'm not sure if they even CAN up the performance. They've done it for hamlet but I think multiplayer games has a more complicated code? I'm not a programmer, but it feels a little silly that I'll have to have a 2k€ machine just to play a cartoon survival game (no offense to Klei)

11 hours ago, seffard said:

Other: My issue is the game has no ending for the living.

It's a sandbox, it doesn't need an ending.

11 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

How many times can you play any game before you get bored? Don't be disingenuous.

I've played some games for literally years and the only reason I stopped playing, wasn't because I got bored, but because the game got old and became outdated.

11 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

And people with 1000 hours in the game are still learning things they didn't know in the game

I feel sorry for those people, because the game does not have enough content to learn something new after 1000 hours of gameplay.

11 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Have you made your own topic about it? Do that and stop derailing other threads.

To add to the original discussion at hand, I would like a mass unravel button for duplicate items.

The original discussion was what do you (as in anyone... not just you) think is the biggest issue with the game, not what random feature do you want added... since we’re being technical here.

@Dynamix_Roxx commented with what they thought the biggest issue was, based on their own perspective. Totally off the rails (sarcasm)

But @S19TealPenguin decided to play forum police and tell roxx how they were wrong, and then cried himself about a feature request. Hypocrite much? That’s like me saying the biggest issue in the game is you can’t unlock Mario as a playable character.

Instead of derailing this thread with your feature requests, perhaps you can make your own topic so this one stays...... on topic, as you so logically pointed out yourself. 

As for my own perspective, the biggest issue with this game is the company behind the game. Go to your bosses and sell them on an upgrade for some random product. Get approval and release your great upgrade to the public, then watch as all your fans are unable to even use your product (aka consoles) because actually testing it was too hard. Then make them wait while you blame the cert process. See how long you have a job after that. The cert process wouldn’t be an issue if the releases were done correctly. All while ignoring the current outstanding issues. “Yeah we know we have a flat tire but we added NOS!!!!”

Like roxx said, if they can’t do something, don’t advertise that they can and then not follow through and go mute. Otherwise it comes across as a lazy money grab. 

17 hours ago, Majestix said:

I'm not a fan of the "it's content that is essentially free and it's been done for so long for us so it can't be criticized >:(" argument.

By that logic any behavior that isn't compensated with money shouldn't be criticized or questioned.

The game has glaring design problems , such as it being a sandbox game with apparently there being multiple viable ways to complete the game, with some of them very clearly being much more effective, and its had them for years. Isn't the fact that after years of these updates and events , many players find the game lacking in content and areas worth discussing?

1 hour ago, Trenix said:

I've played some games for literally years and the only reason I stopped playing, wasn't because I got bored, but because the game got old and became outdated.

12 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

Yeah, and many people have been playing this game for years

22 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

The game is perfect. Most of these options have to do with wanting more content, which Klei is actively working on.

No, its not perfect. No game is, and we should all be open to suggestions. 

And no comment to people who say it lacks replayability. Just not the game for you

Saying that the game just isn't for the people who are leaving the suggestions and criticism is quite rude. These people probably love the game and want to see it grow into something bigger than it already is. The point of this thread seems to have been to discuss major issues with the game and leave suggestions on how to fix them. There is nothing wrong with that.

How many times can you play any game before you get bored? Don't be disingenuous.

Again I don't understand this. Shouldn't the goal be to keep players coming back? I see nothing wrong with what Trenix is saying here. The game does get repetitive. You are right that all games can eventually get old, but people are just suggesting ways to prevent this. What's wrong with that?

17 hours ago, Majestix said:

Another one I just can't understand. Players with "2000 hours" probably have some great suggestions from their experience, it gets easier to spot a game's major flaws the longer you play it. Labeling these people  as an "insatiable vocal minority" is just rude. These people want to leave their thoughts to help and improve the game. The game isn't perfect and definitely has some flaws, but it truly can get close to being perfect if we took these suggestions into consideration. I get that we are getting free content, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to criticize and suggest other ideas. 

22 hours ago, Trenix said:

I mean.. lack of end game content? Are you kidding me?

Outside of killing bosses and beating all the seasons, there is nothing more to do.

1 hour ago, Trenix said:

It's a sandbox, it doesn't need an ending.

You just want to complain. It's not a fault in the game, it's just not your favorite game, get over it.

11 minutes ago, Crimson Chin said:

[snip]

friend, you only quoted part of my comment. You also read me saying. "Most of these options have to do with wanting more content, which Klei is actively working on." What people's suggestions are you refering to other then vagueries about wanting more and refreshing content, which is a criticism Klei is finishing making for us. For free.

My biggest point is that this side of the discussion is endless. There is always; ALWAYS going to be your side of the argument. There is nothing any game can do to escape the criticism of needing more.

I'm not asking rhetorically.

2 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

friend, you only quoted part of my comment. You also read me saying. "Most of these options have to do with wanting more content, which Klei is actively working on." What people's suggestions are you refering to other then vagueries about wanting more and refreshing content, which is a criticism Klei is finishing making for us. For free.

I'm not asking rhetorically.

He's criticizing your comment for free how dare you reply like this

4 minutes ago, Sketched_Philo said:

He's criticizing your comment for free how dare you reply like this

I was gonna edit out the "for free" part for the exact reason I knew that was the only part people would address, ignoring all the rest and the main point of my comment. Could you please adress that? The reason I said I'm not asking this rhetorically is because I legitimally want an answer other then a joke.

49 minutes ago, DidUReboot said:

The original discussion was what do you (as in anyone... not just you) think is the biggest issue with the game, not what random feature do you want added... since we’re being technical here.

@Dynamix_Roxx commented with what they thought the biggest issue was, based on their own perspective. Totally off the rails (sarcasm)

But @S19TealPenguin decided to play forum police and tell roxx how they were wrong, and then cried himself about a feature request. Hypocrite much? That’s like me saying the biggest issue in the game is you can’t unlock Mario as a playable character.

Instead of derailing this thread with your feature requests, perhaps you can make your own topic so this one stays...... on topic, as you so logically pointed out yourself. 

As for my own perspective, the biggest issue with this game is the company behind the game. Go to your bosses and sell them on an upgrade for some random product. Get approval and release your great upgrade to the public, then watch as all your fans are unable to even use your product (aka consoles) because actually testing it was too hard. Then make them wait while you blame the cert process. See how long you have a job after that. The cert process wouldn’t be an issue if the releases were done correctly. All while ignoring the current outstanding issues. “Yeah we know we have a flat tire but we added NOS!!!!”

Like roxx said, if they can’t do something, don’t advertise that they can and then not follow through and go mute. Otherwise it comes across as a lazy money grab. 

We’ll said. 

Just now, sinisterrkid said:

Just simply adding more content won't fix the major flaws in the game. Klei is working on new content, but we don't know if that's going to fix these issues. That's why suggestions like these are important, to give Klei ideas of what players want most. 

4 minutes ago, Crimson Chin said:

Just simply adding more content won't fix the major flaws in the game. Klei is working on new content, but we don't know if that's going to fix these issues. That's why suggestions like these are important, to give Klei ideas of what players want most. 

Again, most of the topics on the poll do have to do with lack of fresh content, and AGAIN I gotta tell you the suggestions you speak of are vagueries. Could you please be more specific on how you think you could help Klei better entertain the inevitable demographic of the unsatisified? Or maybe point me to a game immune to these vague criticisms and how they achieved it? THAT would be actually useful for Klei.

8 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

Again, most of the topics on the poll do have to do with lack of fresh content, and AGAIN I gotta tell you the suggestions you speak of are vagueries. Could you please be more specific on how you think you could help Klei better entertain the inevitable demographic of the unsatisified?

This is what I understand you've expressed across this thread: "Hello. I'm personally satisfied with how the game is right now, I would say it's perfect,but I'm aware other people don't think this. Because there will always be people who aren't, we shouldn't bother changing the game at all because the game changing won't change a very small number of people's opinion on it."

Do you consider one boss fight "endgame content" for a game designed to be played endlessly? The game barely has anything to put endgame gear to use. The same gear is used and Klei keeps adding content that falls into very similar design pitfalls. If you compared the game today to just right as it was released out of EA, you would barely notice a difference.

1 minute ago, Sketched_Philo said:

"Because there will always be people who aren't, we shouldn't bother changing the game at all because the game changing won't change a very small number of people's opinion on it."

Holy **** what I'm saying is the game IS changing. Soon.

12 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

Again, most of the topics on the poll do have to do with lack of fresh content, and AGAIN I gotta tell you the suggestions you speak of are vagueries. Could you please be more specific on how you think you could help Klei better entertain the inevitable demographic of the unsatisified? Or maybe point me to a game immune to these vague criticisms and how they achieved it? THAT would be actually useful for Klei.

This comment has been edited about 4 times. Please restate your coherent argument so I can keep it in mind please

23 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

The game is perfect. Most of these options have to do with wanting more content, which Klei is actively working on. 

I mean.. lack of end game content? Are you kidding me? We just got used to the goal of killing Ancient Fuelweaver, which is bound to happen with any game/content in time

And no comment to people who say it lacks replayability. Just not the game for you

I'm actually going to reply to your first and main point.

We don't know if Klei is adding any endgame content. We know they're doing character refreshes, which may or may not be relevant to it(and so far, they haven't been).

What do you do once you've killed the Ancient Fuelweaver, which you can accomplish relatively quickly in a world(within the first year)....just kill him again? Do you consider this one boss endgame content? We have some optional bosses, but they don't really call for endgame gear and once again, Klei seems to leave in exploits that make killing them not a challenge in the slightest. Bee Queen fence exploits....ancient guardian pillar exploit...this desire to let players have their cake and eat it too(have hard bosses but an easy way to make them trivial) is no doubt going to bring a lot of players to find the game boring.

That last comment is frankly dismissive of people with legitimate gripes about the game not having enough options to be replayable. Klei seems to have  a design pitfall in DST where they make something hard but once again, allow exploits to trivialize it or don't properly balance the characters.

Archived