How to handle Sporechild - fungus spore! Do it like the ants do!

Those spores are scary (for me) and i like that Klei gave them a place in ONI to grow.
Overpopulation control.
Ants evolved the ability to identify infected ants and isolate those.
Klei should make growing/popping spores, out of infected dupes brains/graves!

Agreed, Oozinator. When I learned that there is in fact a real life fungus that operates like the disease in The Last of Us, I felt pretty unnerved. Gives me the willies. Glad to see Klei adding in more perilous diseases to the game. Here's hoping that fungus in real life never does evolve enough to make the slow jump from bugs up the animal chain to people.

47 minutes ago, KieraGreywolf said:

Agreed, Oozinator. When I learned that there is in fact a real life fungus that operates like the disease in The Last of Us, I felt pretty unnerved. Gives me the willies. Glad to see Klei adding in more perilous diseases to the game. Here's hoping that fungus in real life never does evolve enough to make the slow jump from bugs up the animal chain to people.

Insects don't have an immune system. It's quite a jump from them to people.

Insects do have an immune system, it just works differently from ours. Instead of developing antibodies to kill off invading illnesses, bug immune systems just isolate the foreign cells, walling them off until they eventually die. But, this is why I mentioned an evolution of the fungus to be more complex and the idea of it being a slow (insanely slow) process of change.

16 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

I remember reading a theory on cancer being a mechanism to fight fungal infections. The idea being to outgrow and smother the fungus.  

I shudder to think that this mechanism may not be a failure...

On 23/04/2019 at 11:01 PM, KieraGreywolf said:

We don't need fungus for it. Toxoplasma gondii forces mice to like cat's piss. Cat's >>> micem so the end is pretty predictable. Change mice to humans and cat's piss to brains, add some cooperation and hordes of hungry zombies already trying to enter to your bunker.

1 hour ago, CDoroFF said:

We don't need fungus for it. Toxoplasma gondii forces mice to like cat's piss. Cat's >>> micem so the end is pretty predictable. Change mice to humans and cat's piss to brains, add some cooperation and hordes of hungry zombies already trying to enter to your bunker.

Shhh, don't give nature any more ideas. She's already crazy. As for Klei... I mean, if they wanna add more punishments to letting your dupes pee in the base... By all means.

Archived