Guess Who?

11 minutes ago, SomeOddGuy said:

How about win-win situation ?:wilson_cool:

doladola.thumb.png.005fd6f8a2145c96059924122dd9cbb6.png

Nope... U Can still play him... 

Just enable him via console 

7 hours ago, MWY said:

indeed, we are just reminiscing about the memes shared with Warbucks and the fact you can still find traces of him around in the game despite his sad departure.

Yes tell us more @ucw what happened after this exp bar?

He never left.. 

GetPlayer().prefab = "warbucks" 

7 hours ago, MWY said:

indeed, we are just reminiscing about the memes shared with Warbucks and the fact you can still find traces of him around in the game despite his sad departure.

Yes tell us more @ucw what happened after this exp bar?

don't know yet but will keep you posted!

7 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

@ucw

did you fill the exp bar?

what did it do?

we really didn't do much arguing this is more of a woah this exists page

You're reaction to @SkylordElberich was toxic -- talk about "not much arguing."  without your rabid reaction to my obvious invitation to him/her to post the meme, there would have been no arguing.  

30 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Nope... U Can still play him... 

Just enable him via console 

Yes, I know that I can ;) It was just a suggestion for him to be an integral part of the game instead of "some character" hidden in files.

What hurts me the most is the fact that game will expand with each update and all he's gonna say about new stuff will be "It's a... thing."

It's sad because his quotes were really something else :(

39 minutes ago, SomeOddGuy said:

Yes, I know that I can ;) It was just a suggestion for him to be an integral part of the game instead of "some character" hidden in files.

What hurts me the most is the fact that game will expand with each update and all he's gonna say about new stuff will be "It's a... thing."

It's sad because his quotes were really something else :(

the problem with his writing was that

• he wasnt enough of a caricature idiotic ridiculous in his lines for people to get it that he is supposed to be a joke....not endorsement
  •  and his abilities are very lackluster ... like another chracter with sanity mechanics.. like.. mehh..zzzzzz

i have a kinda theory with his carrot skin tone that obvs alude to him being a joke that might or might not have refered to a very well known meme irl character with same skin tone ... wink wink... xD...   OR       to the carrot color culture... or both xD

anyways... his writing wasnt that over the top idiotic joke... and unfortunately colonialism isnt an easy topic to transfer to a videogame without some people feeling weird about it irl.. 

am i happy warbucks in gone? no

do i think warbucks is a unique character design? no.. he looked pretty much like another wilson 

do i think his gameplay experience is unique? no

do i think his writing is unique and fun? meh...  

20 minutes ago, G-Forces said:

I had the exp bar fill up to "at cap" then looked in the character selection, there was no warbucks.

he is not in the character selection... 

create a new world with any character....... open the console and type

GetPlayer().profile: "warbucks"

save and exit game

load your game

enjoy

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

the problem with his writing was that

• he wasnt enough of a caricature idiotic ridiculous in his lines for people to get it that he is supposed to be a joke....not endorsement
  •  and his abilities are very lackluster ... like another chracter with sanity mechanics.. like.. mehh..zzzzzz

i have a kinda theory with his carrot skin tone that obvs alude to him being a joke that might or might not have refered to a very well known meme irl character with same skin tone ... wink wink... xD...   OR       to the carrot color culture... or both xD

anyways... his writing wasnt that over the top idiotic joke... and unfortunately colonialism isnt an easy topic to transfer to a videogame without some people feeling weird about it irl.. 

am i happy warbucks in gone? no

do i think warbucks is a unique character design? no.. he looked pretty much like another wilson 

do i think his gameplay experience is unique? no

do i think his writing is unique and fun? meh...  

Long story short, one go left and other go right XD

What some see as an advantage, others see as a flaw and conversely.

I understand and deeply respect the taboo subjects, every country have some uncomfortable subjects about their past. 

But here's an idea to revive him and make a big comeback that everyone would appreciate. :) 

- First let's change his hunter/conquistador persona into a researcher/egyptologist that can't live without ruins and relics (just like Woodlegs without his boat and sea)

- Actually relics in hamlet themselves serve only one purpose - getting money (which is kinda sad because "our fellow researcher" would see much more value in them ;))

- About him beeing picky... well exotic food does not serve everyone (especially when your sanity has only 125 points)

What I'm trying to say is that making him wasn't a failure but maybe too much of a rush.

That's why Devs should simply take their time and relax. Everything can be repaired (well maybe most things XD)

As Bob Ross used to say "We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents."

18 minutes ago, SomeOddGuy said:

Long story short, one go left and other go right XD

What some see as an advantage, others see as a flaw and conversely.

I understand and deeply respect the taboo subjects, every country have some uncomfortable subjects about their past. 

But here's an idea to revive him and make a big comeback that everyone would appreciate. :) 

- First let's change his hunter/conquistador persona into a researcher/egyptologist that can't live without ruins and relics (just like Woodlegs without his boat and sea)

- Actually relics in hamlet themselves serve only one purpose - getting money (which is kinda sad because "our fellow researcher" would see much more value in them ;))

- About him beeing picky... well exotic food does not serve everyone (especially when your sanity has only 125 points)

What I'm trying to say is that making him wasn't a failure but maybe too much of a rush.

That's why Devs should simply take their time and relax. Everything can be repaired (well maybe most things XD)

As Bob Ross used to say "We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents."

this is ... from what we have seen.. not gonna happen.. I think the devs already put the last nail in that coffin on this one.. sorry dude

besides, he would clash with Wheeler.. she is an archaeologist and explorer.. so it would be like he is unnecessary or repetitive 

3 hours ago, ucw said:

You're reaction to @SkylordElberich was toxic -- talk about "not much arguing."  without your rabid reaction to my obvious invitation to him/her to post the meme, there would have been no arguing.  

i tried to make it over the top so you could tell but my writing abilities are trash and didn't convey it properly sorry

@SkylordElberich sorry if you were antagonized you can still post it sorry

13 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i tried to make it over the top so you could tell but my writing abilities are trash and didn't convey it properly sorry

@SkylordElberich sorry if you were antagonized you can still post it sorry

Can be hard to tell online.  try "/s" for "end sarcasm" or use an emoticon for clarity.  

3 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

c_skipdays(100) :p

Then kill the character

I'll do this tonight and post the results.  

this is ... from what we have seen.. not gonna happen.. I think the devs already put the last nail in that coffin on this one.. sorry dude

besides, he would clash with Wheeler.. she is an archaeologist and explorer.. so it would be like he is unnecessary or repetitive 

Well, a man can still dream.

Indiana Jones and his father were also archeologists. Indiana - more into action. Father - more into history. XD

Aaaaand Wheeler is only an explorer :E

10 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

c_skipdays(100) :p

Then kill the character

Okay that didn't work!  :(  The game won't let me cheat, it seems.  I promise as soon as I have time to play, I'll find out and post.  

6 minutes ago, ucw said:

Okay that didn't work!  :(  The game won't let me cheat, it seems.  I promise as soon as I have time to play, I'll find out and post.  

U need to enable him via console with the command GetPlayer().prefab = "warbucks" 

45 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

U need to enable him via console with the command GetPlayer().prefab = "warbucks" 

No, I mean I sped ahead 100 days and died, then my XP said I lasted 0 days.  

I don't need to play Warbucks; I 'm just curious if he will show up when I get the XP (if that makes sense). 

1 minute ago, ucw said:

I don't need to play Warbucks; I 'm just curious if he will show up when I get the XP (if that makes sense). 

You could just spawn in a bunch of meaty stews, tents, and siesta lean-to's to skip days fast.

Just now, Owlrus98 said:

You could just spawn in a bunch of meaty stews, tents, and siesta lean-to's to skip days fast.

Actually, I'm about to put it in godmode and let it run in the background while I do other things.  

4 minutes ago, ucw said:

He will.. Just not in the character selection

1 hour ago, Owlrus98 said:

That was an excellent idea -- I usually play Wicker, who can't sleep.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

And... I was so hoping to catch a screenshot for everybody.  But, no time -- saw a flash of Warbucks' face, then went on to XP toward unlocking Wheeler.  @FreyaMaluk is right:  he is not in the line up (not that I care.)  It was rather fun to see his shadow and fleeting face.  

I've seen you spamming "just mod him in/use the console" a lot, and aside from other arguments that are debatable, I have one simple fact that proves you wrong:

You cannot mod or cheat on consoles.

22 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

I've seen you spamming "just mod him in/use the console" a lot, and aside from other arguments that are debatable, I have one simple fact that proves you wrong:

You cannot mod or cheat on consoles.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/105194-guess-who/?do=findComment&comment=1182418

I especifically said here.. Unless u are in consoles.. 

U wrong.. 

Doesn't change reality.. Warbucks wasn't very interesting from a gameplay experience.. Nothing new to the table besides another sanity focused character.. And that's a fact

Pls quote me saying to mod him.. I never said it.. 

Archived