Wouldn't mimics fit ds/t?

In case somebody doesn't know what a mimic is: an enemy that looks like a structure that tries to attack player by surprise.

Ruins' labirynth has a lot of chest. I've read on wiki that apparently they can mess with your stats or items % but tbh I've rarely seen them do that. Heck (at lest for me) they rarely spawn DDD. I thought they're supposed to be a trap. Mimics could be a nice addition to those dangers.

And there's also a potential for mimics in Hamlet. Afterall Hamlet's about dangeon exploration and that's literally the perfect place for a mimic.

Legit the newer trap in hamlet (Looks like a small pig statue that rotates and shoots darts) was a mimic at first. I saw it and YEARS of D&D knowledge screamed in my brain so fast that i NOPED outta that room. Only to figure out it was a stationary dart trap later on...

I think it would be awesome! We already got enemies in the Smashing Pots so I don't think that might be so much different

In the labyrinth we already have some chests that spawn spiders sometimes but a mimic would be fun... so FF xD and hopefully with a nice reward.. 

1 hour ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

The endtable was a nice subversion to them though.

Btw the Stagehand should have more... stuff to it. Maybe being hostile in certain conditions or a mini-boss of sorts in other conditions. Feels like there is more to it.. but was left unfinished.

50 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Btw the Stagehand should have more... stuff to it. Maybe being hostile in certain conditions or a mini-boss of sorts in other conditions. Feels like there is more to it.. but was left unfinished.

im also of the opinion we should get attacked by the table at new moon xD

i'm disappointed there's this uniquely terrifying yet harmless thing, yet all you want it to do is attack you, if anything I'd want a dozen or so pranks it can pull, one of which can be occasionally snuffing out all lights (including non fires) near it one by one at a ridiculous speed

Sounds like a certain type of shadow creature, like what if when you go bit insane. The enemy will disguise themselves to look like any type of object of the world. Like what if you see stone, try to mine it then it'll slash at you then disappear.

Or what if they could be those skeletons that you find in the world, and when you go grab a item it'll then slash you. Grab all the items then leave, you'll get nothing out of it but less HP and broken equipment. There's no way to avoid the damage, so the play will actually be scared of it popping out.

When I found out there were treasure chests in Shipwrecked I was fully expecting mimics to appear among the vast amounts of treasure chests. I was disappointed.

At least we've got the polar opposite of a mimic. Chester, after just starting the game and finding Chester I think most people (me included) assumed he was trying to murder us when in reality he's cute and docile.

Archived