Can the Ancient Murals be translated into ANY human language?

13 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Also we're lucky the ancient civilization has a language, and doesn't just communicate via smells like most insects.

Hide contents

On the topic of smellular language, do Mants have any relation to the ruins civilization or their language?

I think yes. In my theory Ancients are Mants' cousins. Birds shown on the murals I interpreted as BFB. We know those birds can travel huge distanses; probably transorted them. Maybe Ancients originaly existed in the Hamlet area. It also proves that Hamlet is just another continent of the same world - Constant.

13 minutes ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Here's the Pherostone, the symbols below it could be an earlier version of the Ancient Language

Pherostone.png.b0f10a0c9f8790fd30c4a23150d2af8e.png

Also based on Wormwood's examination quote for the pherostone, the Mant language is called Chr'ik

I think Chr'ik mean mant not the language... 

10 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

whats that?

what hamlet puzzle?

sorry hamlet was announced when i was doing non DS stuff and theres just a massive period where i was just out of it

It was based on clues in the Hamlet E3 trailer. There was some talk of it in the E3 thread, along with a link for the puzzle thread that is now inaccessible to me. I don't think it exists anymore. It had something to do with letters or numbers in the trailer or something, but it didn't look much like the start of a puzzle to me so I didn't pay much attention to it. Now I'm kinda sad the thread is gone.

During the balloon crash scene, if you went frame by frame you could see a number of symbols and numbers that appeared.

We asked the devs if it was a puzzle and got some non-committal answer (I think JoeW said something to the effect of "I'm sorry the dev you are trying to reach is unavailable").

42 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

It was based on clues in the Hamlet E3 trailer. There was some talk of it in the E3 thread, along with a link for the puzzle thread that is now inaccessible to me. I don't think it exists anymore. It had something to do with letters or numbers in the trailer or something, but it didn't look much like the start of a puzzle to me so I didn't pay much attention to it. Now I'm kinda sad the thread is gone.

so this possibly critical lore here is just gone? 

and none did anything about it?

1 hour ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

so this possibly critical lore here is just gone? 

and none did anything about it?

Not really, the crash scene had numbers and letters which appeared in a much older DS puzzle video without context. Unless they wanted to link both videos in a way - however if you search DS websites you won't get new puzzle sites. Then there were the notorious vine scene - it really looked like it has a hidden word bit it hadn't. So we shouldn't worry about it. Hamlet is still in early access and devs could hide a puzzle in the official release.

4 hours ago, Epicteus said:

I just want to point out that this thing looks like the Queen Womant.

wall-detail.jpg.5b86dd9783fc351de7912b0d91c90929.jpg.c21f296736b5b481ca65ce1d5f2677c2.jpg    Resultado de imagen de ds mant queen

Wow. The resemblance is shockingly similar. I usually dismissed a lot of theories connecting mants to the ancients, but this changes quite a lot. If nothing else, this proves the ancients knew of the mants existence at the very least. Now if they actually interacted with each other is a different story entirely.

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Wow. The resemblance is shockingly similar. I usually dismissed a lot of theories connecting mants to the ancients, but this changes quite a lot. If nothing else, this proves the ancients knew of the mants existence at the very least. Now if they actually interacted with each other is a different story entirely.

There is way more evidence in the game suggesting mants are the ancients from the murals than against it..  I think the ancients are a group is mant-like species... Not all mants loo the same.. Compare Herald vs normal mants vs womant 

7 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

normal DS: pigs aren't smart ancients are advanced

Hamlet: pigs are smart ancients are primitive

a true role reversal!

The pigs reversed cuz the pig King left Hamlet to rule away from the Queen's influence. 

Check pig King portrait icon in DST

He probs got affected by vanilla/RoG somehow and that changed him to go back to a more animal state

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

The pigs reversed cuz the pig King left Hamlet to rule away from the Queen's influence. 

Check pig King portrait icon in DST

i know i just find it funny how it completely reversed i mean what if the Womant is a defector from the ancient society?

1 minute ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i know i just find it funny how it completely reversed i mean what if the Womant is a defector from the ancient society?

Tbh I think there was indeed a fraction of the Mant people that left Hamlet... In the murals u also see some kinda internal struggle of power between 2 leading mants... 

Regarding the OP's question I've counted too many scribble symbols. I've counted over 60 different symbols and I didn't include similar looking symbols. This makes me think the artist just made several scribbles unless the devs want to release a rosetta stone :(. The only line I could read is JUNE ONE O - everybody know about it.

However, the puzzle-murals have pictures and they can be interpreted. For me, it's enough. But I wonder about this: Are there any consistencies with the metheus-puzzle and the murals you can inspect in the atrium biome?  It sounded like Charlie wants to trick the survivors to obey the NF-power hence the quotes of Maxwell. The ancients were pretty much destroyed after the overuse of the NF sooo it's not very plausible to have a pretty city after that (or the order of inspection lines could be wrong).

4 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Yep,the resemblance is similiar but,which creature is worm like in caves ?Depthdweller.It is just showing dangers of the caves.So i dont think that the mant queen met ancients

21 hours ago, WebberMain said:

Yep,the resemblance is similiar but,which creature is worm like in caves ?Depthdweller.It is just showing dangers of the caves.So i dont think that the mant queen met ancients

In that specific image, there's a lot more similarities to the queen womant then depth worms. Last I checked, depth worms don't have arms or horns. It also lacks any depiction of their most noticeable feature, the glow berry. So it's either a queen womant, or something else entirely.

Archived