Seaworthy is either redundant or UP

The seaworthy isn't able to travel to Hamlet in HAM compatible saves, while the Skyworthy is totally capavle of doing so. I suggest to either give the seaworthy the same abilities of the skyworthy or to replace it completely on ham compatible saves.

And no, they're sadly not compatible with cheese yet despite being compatible to Ham.

A boat can only travel to lands via water, which is what the Seaworthy is a spoof of.
Skyworthy however is an "air balloon", which can take you anywhere.
In every world you make, a broken balloon will spawn allowing you to make the Skyworthy, this is in ROG and SW.
I see no reason to remove either one, it kind of makes sense.

1 hour ago, JosePapp said:

The seaworthy isn't able to travel to Hamlet in HAM compatible saves, while the Skyworthy is totally capavle of doing so. I suggest to either give the seaworthy the same abilities of the skyworthy or to replace it completely on ham compatible saves.

And no, they're sadly not compatible with cheese yet despite being compatible to Ham.

I totally disagree... as for now the Seaworthy is the only way to unify old save files with new SW Hamlet compatible saves... and this too

39 minutes ago, cptCalavera said:

Also some people own RoG and SW. But not Hamlet. 

Who cares if it's a machine in the shape of a boat, it's magic for christ's sake. The gross inconsistencies in worthies (one spawning naturally in a DLC, one allowing save merging and Hamlet travel, Skyworthy putting you out at the natural Seaworthy in SW even if you have a Skyworthy there, the list goes on) only serve to confuse players.

Here's how the worthies should work:

The Seaworthy no longer naturally spawns in SW. The crashed boat containing the Sea Worther does. In Hamlet, either add the crashed boat or add the Sea Worther to the Royal Gallery. Now you can have one of each worthy in each world, with Skyworthies linking only to Skyworthies, and Seaworthies linking only to Seaworthies. You could use this to access different points around the world depending on where you place them.

Either that or just merge them into one.

2 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Not everyone wants to have to start an RoG world just to get from SW to Hamlet and vice versa.

I don't think you understand.

Let's say I do not own ROG or HAM, just regular DS and SW. This would work because I could start in SW and go to DS with the Seaworthy. I could then go back using the Seaworther from the broken ship to craft another Seaworthy. This could also apply to ROG as world travel is no different there, it would even work if starting in DS/ROG.

Let's say I own all DLC, I could start in ROG and make a Skyworthy using the silly string found in the wicker basket, go to HAM and get another silly string from the Royal Palace. After crafting a Skyworthy with the silly string I could go back to ROG. I  could then make another Seaworthy using a Seaworther and travel to shipwrecked, find the Seaworthy there and travel back.

"What if I want to start in HAM and go to SW straight away?"

Maybe it's best that stays an inconvenience for you. Either that or the Seaworther could be added to the Royal gallery.

No intent to be condescending or rude here, just wanting to defend myself.

23 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

"What if I want to start in HAM and go to SW straight away?"

Maybe it's best that stays an inconvenience for you.

Give me a good reason as to why I should be forced to start in or travel to an RoG/Vanilla world just so I can travel between SW and Hamlet. Why is it best that it stays an inconvenience to me?

11 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Give me a good reason as to why I should be forced to start in or travel to an RoG/Vanilla world just so I can travel between SW and Hamlet. Why is it best that it stays an inconvenience to me?

I think the point is about choices... Some people might just wanna play with RoG and SW content only.. For those peeps the Seaworthy is the only means to connect both regions. 

With that said... I believe that the Skyworthy still needs to be able to merge with old save files like the Seaworthy... But as I pointed out before that's part of a larger discussion and I already reported the missing feature

If I remember correctly u said it takes over the Skyworthy and that's probably something to report... The Seaworthy should be under the Skyworthy on a level or priority and I guess that's what's probably bothering you... Rightfully so.. But that fact shouldn't be a reason to forbit travel between SW, vanilla and RoG. 

36 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think the point is about choices... Some people might just wanna play with RoG and SW content only.. For those peeps the Seaworthy is the only means to connect both regions. 

I think choice is extremely important, but the Skyworthy is craftable in all 3 DLCs and does allow travel between them all. Currently I myself am in a strictly RoG-SW world (I'm waiting until Hamlet fully releases to go there) using the Skyworthy, and I simply don't click the option to travel to Hamlet. Perhaps the one upside to being limited to only the two options would be that I wouldn't have to be afraid of misclicking on Hamlet!

37 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

If I remember correctly u said it takes over the Skyworthy and that's probably something to report... The Seaworthy should be under the Skyworthy on a level or priority and I guess that's what's probably bothering you... Rightfully so.. But that fact shouldn't be a reason to forbit travel between SW, vanilla and RoG. 

I reported it in the bug section awhile ago. Last night I actually tested something on a hunch; you can't hammer down the natural SW Seaworthy, but you CAN deconstruct it. Deconstructing it fixes the issue of my RoG Skyworthy pooping me out at the natural SW Seaworthy which is on like the other side of the map. No more having to paste console commands for me!

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I reported it in the bug section awhile ago. Last night I actually tested something on a hunch; you can't hammer down the natural SW Seaworthy, but you CAN deconstruct it. Deconstructing it fixes the issue of my RoG Skyworthy pooping me out at the natural SW Seaworthy which is on like the other side of the map. No more having to paste console commands for me!

Thats weird

I could hammer the natural SW seaworthy in my game

48 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I think choice is extremely important, but the Skyworthy is craftable in all 3 DLCs and does allow travel between them all. Currently I myself am in a strictly RoG-SW world (I'm waiting until Hamlet fully releases to go there) using the Skyworthy, and I simply don't click the option to travel to Hamlet. Perhaps the one upside to being limited to only the two options would be that I wouldn't have to be afraid of misclicking on Hamlet!

the Skyworthy only works in Hamlet compatible worlds.. No Skyworthy here in RoG world

20190417012033_1.thumb.jpg.8bd305ac9b1df334d07a551dfa1a9a1b.jpg

No skyworthy recipe in a RoG world compatible with SW

20190417012251_1.thumb.jpg.510391f4e9de2895e8a5af3c70f30d88.jpg

for people who don't own Hamlet that options is out of the table.. ergo Seaworthy is needed... for now...

I think the devs are gonna optimize them or probs merge them into one... who knows..

also remember the seaworthy is the portal allowing merging old save files... we kinda need it atm

20190417012606_1.thumb.jpg.d70555c4c811d1fa7214a23018eb6c16.jpg

20190417012558_1.thumb.jpg.f2e88859c4b855c58d32bf59862305bc.jpg

5 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

Thats weird

I could hammer the natural SW seaworthy in my game

Hmm. I must've been recalling an earlier version of the game where you couldn't, and so I didn't bother trying it.

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

the Skyworthy only works in Hamlet compatible worlds.. No Skyworthy here in RoG world

20190417012033_1.thumb.jpg.8bd305ac9b1df334d07a551dfa1a9a1b.jpg

Ohhhhhh, that's what you meant. Sorry, I didn't infer.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Hmm. I must've been recalling an earlier version of the game where you couldn't, and so I didn't bother trying it

Yes, Hammering was recently added in one of the Hamlet updates, it let you hammer the Sea and Sky worthy.
;)

1 hour ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

It's an opinion. Just because one person thinks something inconvenient like monkeys or making the Skyworthy or Seaworthy in the first place is bad doesn't mean those inconveniences should not be in the game. Now for my reasoning I just think it would be more rewarding to eventually get to shipwrecked from hamlet and would put them in a nice little world travel triangle, as would it be rewarding to earn anything in DS compared to getting it for no work. It was also an idea for making the Seaworthy and Skyworthy useful rather than making the Seaworthy basically useless, like it is now.

Also you blatantly ignored this, which really ruffled my jimmies.

1 hour ago, Hatano Eichero said:

Either that or the Seaworther could be added to the Royal gallery.

11 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

It's an opinion. Just because one person thinks something inconvenient like monkeys or making the Skyworthy or Seaworthy in the first place is bad doesn't mean those inconveniences should not be in the game.

Making me go through two different loading screens to get to main base just for the sake of being inconvenient doesn't sound appealing at all and is not comparable to monkeys which can simply kill to get rid of them.

5 minutes ago, SandvichSpy said:

Making me go through two different loading screens to get to main base just for the sake of being inconvenient doesn't sound appealing at all and is not comparable to monkeys which can simply kill to get rid of them.

Fair enough dude

7 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

It's an opinion. Just because one person thinks something inconvenient like monkeys or making the Skyworthy or Seaworthy in the first place is bad doesn't mean those inconveniences should not be in the game. Now for my reasoning I just think it would be more rewarding to eventually get to shipwrecked from hamlet and would put them in a nice little world travel triangle, as would it be rewarding to earn anything in DS compared to getting it for no work. It was also an idea for making the Seaworthy and Skyworthy useful rather than making the Seaworthy basically useless, like it is now.

Also you blatantly ignored this, which really ruffled my jimmies.

I'd like to think that, given how merged crafting now exists and you can build a city in any DLC, the devs very much want open, unlimited freedom and interaction between all the DLCs. Barring what the developers themselves may think, I argue that forcing a player starting in Hamlet to have to grind his way through RoG simply to reach SW is a feature which would not make for a sense of reward, rather only for a sense of boredom and frustration.

If I simply want to get to SW and I don't care about doing anything in RoG, what is the value in my being forced to plod along the entire coastline in search of the boat simply so that I can leave as fast as I can? You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. This suggestion very much reminds me of one I heard earlier, also concerning the Worthies, where someone suggested that you should have to worldhop using the Teleportato at least once before getting to use them. It goes right back to "why make the player do this just for the sake of it?"

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I'd like to think that, given how merged crafting now exists and you can build a city in any DLC, the devs very much want open, unlimited freedom and interaction between all the DLCs. Barring what the developers themselves may think, I argue that forcing a player starting in Hamlet to have to grind his way through RoG simply to reach SW is a feature which would not make for a sense of reward, rather only for a sense of boredom and frustration.

If I simply want to get to SW and I don't care about doing anything in RoG, what is the value in my being forced to plod along the entire coastline in search of the boat simply so that I can leave as fast as I can? You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. This suggestion very much reminds me of one I heard earlier, also concerning the Worthies, where someone suggested that you should have to worldhop using the Teleportato at least once before getting to use them. It goes right back to "why make the player do this just for the sake of it?"

I saw that thread. But yeah dude, it's whatever. I don't want to argue any further.

29 minutes ago, SandvichSpy said:

just hammer the seaworthy...

20190417024750_1.thumb.jpg.6a45c32e23b0f2d737781d4e645305f2.jpg

20190417024754_1.thumb.jpg.3bffda25120c2aba771838b28ca9d7f3.jpg

Archived