Possible bug, natural gas blocking water from flowing.

2 hours ago, Squeegee said:

It is a bug that they've tried to fix before, it's flatulence breaking water-flow

It is annoying. I don't see how it is a bug. Flatulence is its own problem, especially as exo-suits do not contain it.

2 hours ago, Gurgel said:

It is annoying. I don't see how it is a bug. Flatulence is its own problem, especially as exo-suits do not contain it.

The bug is the fact that fart gas is blocking several hundred kilos upon leaving the dupe

6 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

The bug is that liquids are supposed to have priority over gasses.  The gas should move out of the way not the other way around.  But it doesn't always work correctly. 

To be precisely, it does not work if another gas is is above it like the provided screenshot also shows. The Oxygen is basically countering the effect from the water because NG should not be able to rise above Oxygen either.

9 hours ago, Squeegee said:

The bug is the fact that fart gas is blocking several hundred kilos upon leaving the dupe

Not a bug. The other gas above prevents the NatGas from moving. As the game does not model pressure, the higher liquid pressure has no effect on the gas above the NatGas. 

let's deal in facts:

the game has concept of pressure,weight per tile (WPT)

if the WPT of NatGas > WPT of Oxygen above it, the water joins together

so based on that, the OP found a corner case, that deserves further scrutiny from DEVs.

I would consider it a bug, unless they proclaim it as intended behavior

Archived