Tail Three Cats

Change recipe from 3 catcoon + 3 tentaspots to 3 catcoon + 1 tentacle spike pls

Considering how spots have horrible drop rate and are best used elsewhere, it is really insane how such a mediocre item can be so expensive.

Honestly, I would make it even cheaper like one catcoon tail and one tentacle spot along with increasing it's chance of de-aggroing mobs per strike. Maybe even make it possible to repair with a sewing kit? That would make it worth crafting at least one along with making sense, right?

I, myself, think that the worse the item is, the easier the recipe should be. I don't think that this particular item is bad, though. I really like what it does, and I really like fighting shadow creatures with it.

I really like it when getting nice stuff requires a lot of work.

yeah, fair, I've literally never made this because Catcoon are limited as far as I remember? their dens die after a murder spree, unless that changed, and 3 Tentacle spots? nah, I'd rather not dance around Tentacles for an Item to break in 2 minutes

According to the wiki, in the base game a den can spawn a total of 9 catcoons, after which it will spawn no more and serves no other purpose other than to be hammered down for a bit of extra loot. In DST though, they will actually regenerate after running out of catcoons, though it takes a long time like around 20 days.

2 minutes ago, Stonetribe said:

According to the wiki, in the base game a den can spawn a total of 9 catcoons, after which it will spawn no more and serves no other purpose other than to be hammered down for a bit of extra loot. In DST though, they will actually regenerate after running out of catcoons, though it takes a long time like around 20 days.

Yep, I can testify. I once built a base near a stump and the catcoons kept killing Glommer, so I kept killing them, thinking that when the stump died, that would that. But no.

Just now, Rellimarual said:

Yep, I can testify. I once built a base near a stump and the catcoons kept killing Glommer, so I kept killing them, thinking that when the stump died, that would that. But no.

Poor Glommer... And the game has the nerve to consider these things "innocent" creatures! :wilson_enraged:

What's the good use of the anti aggro? All I can think of is on a Varg or Giant, but they can just be eluded with enough running like everything else.

perhaps saving unmounted domesticated beefs from getting themselves killed?

in my opinion the big range is the interesting part of the whip

9 hours ago, Stonetribe said:

NO they wont! i just tested it. after killing one i skipped 1 day with TMI mod. evry day a new one respawned. after 9 cats the holllow was broken and no cats spawned anymore. i skipped more times 20 days and waited but no new cat. on day 226 or so the hollow got destroyed by deerclops xxxD

so if i didnt miss anything then its like the wiki says

1 hour ago, BeliarBAD said:

NO they wont! i just tested it. after killing one i skipped 1 day with TMI mod. evry day a new one respawned. after 9 cats the holllow was broken and no cats spawned anymore. i skipped more times 20 days and waited but no new cat. on day 226 or so the hollow got destroyed by deerclops xxxD

so if i didnt miss anything then its like the wiki says

It can take x+y ( x means days left for the current season to change, y means amount of day before spring changes to next season ) days, there just are way too many of den respawn timers for them all to make sense.

From the wiki:

In Don't Starve Together, Hollow Stumps regenerate after a relatively long time, making Catcoons renewable. The time to regenerate equals to the sum of the Season's length and the number of the remaining days in that season, at the time the Hollow stump is destroyed. Therefore the regeneration happens from 15 to 40 days in a default world configuration. For example, if the Hollow Stump is destroyed on the 8th day of the Winter, since Winter is 15 days long and there are 7 days left, the Hollow Stump will regenerate 22 days later.

so what am i doing wrong? i killed tem on day 11 and skipped till day 1.001 and its still not spawning new cats. i was standing next to it when skipping days. also far away. i also did that without skipping day with console. i made myself in godmode and waited 1h in real life but no matter what i did it doesnt regen itself.

or do i have to hammer it and it will regrow threw world regen like rabbits, bushes, moles, mushrooms....?

20190403214121_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BeliarBAD said:

so what am i doing wrong? i killed tem on day 11 and skipped till day 1.001 and its still not spawning new cats. i was standing next to it when skipping days. also far away. i also did that without skipping day with console. i made myself in godmode and waited 1h in real life but no matter what i did it doesnt regen itself.

or do i have to hammer it and it will regrow threw world regen like rabbits, bushes, moles, mushrooms....?

20190403214121_1.jpg

Since it uses a weird regrowth formula, maybe the games kinda gets confused if you skip time via console. 

Or maybe you have to be far away and stop loading the area for it to respawn, or close and open the map, go to caves... Who knows. 

As far as I can tell, i have massacred catcoons sometimes and i've always felt their respawn was very inconsistent, now I know why. This weird day formula they use is pretty unique and not present in any other thing in the game. 

Archived