Hamlet Royal Guads: Pls change torch for candle hats

2 hours ago, aerotong said:

you know what's the cutest a pig guard do? Chasing a maskpig at night, put it on fire, and BOOM! your home gone.

haha, I always drag the thief away from my base, in a dark mushy corner where there can be no witnesses,
set the thief on fire by myself so he runs around and does not escape,
then poke the thief with a sharp object until he begs for death and the map comes out. 

9 hours ago, MWY said:

haha, I always drag the thief away from my base, in a dark mushy corner where there can be no witnesses,
set the thief on fire by myself so he runs around and does not escape,
then poke the thief with a sharp object until he begs for death and the map comes out. 

can you burn the map by accident?

37 minutes ago, ucw said:

can you burn the map by accident?

The map is a thing, it doesn't burn.

This is the very technique that you use to get the map from thief easily.

First dodge his first attack,

Then hit him with a torch which will set him on fire.

He will keep running around here and there and won't run away.

Hit him while he is busy burning around.

You will finally put him out of your misery and get one burnt steak and a map and 2 ashes (hat and pork butt)

Of course if you want the hat, just use a pan flute since they are renewable in HAM quite easily .

mong. 

(also make sure to take him in a secluded place or else guards will interfere and cause unwanted interface (burn your house or town down) and ALWAYS avoid having pogs near, those bastards will make things go bad real quick cause they perceive bandits as pure evil or something.)

3 hours ago, MWY said:

You will finally put him out of your misery and get one burnt steak and a map and 2 ashes (hat and pork butt)

Of course if you want the hat, just use a pan flute since they are renewable in HAM quite easily .

mong. 

(also make sure to take him in a secluded place or else guards will interfere and cause unwanted interface (burn your house or town down) and ALWAYS avoid having pogs near, those bastards will make things go bad real quick cause they perceive bandits as pure evil or something.)

thanks so much!

7 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Y'know, I think there's a much simpler solution to this.

Make the guards ambidextrous. They hold the torch in one hand during the night, and they still attack useing their halberd. Problem solved.

Klei why isn't this guy in your staff?

3 hours ago, MWY said:

This suggestion was given before by @FreyaMaluk in another thread in February....I think it was more related to Bat Attacks then setting this on fire.

Prooof

16 hours ago, MWY said:

mong. 

U can also use an ice staff too

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Prooof

U can also use an ice staff too

I don't have time to go back in time and give you proof but I remember that it involved a lot of complaining about Bat attacks increasing in numbers greatly  to the number of days passed compared to hounds and Guards not being useful during night when armed with only Torches, after that Klei made changes that made sure bats would attack in more reasonable manner (update came 2 weeks later but then Apocalypse happened) and after all that we are back to complaning about Guards being annoying again....hahahahaha

49 minutes ago, MWY said:

I don't have time to go back in time and give you proof but I remember that it involved a lot of complaining about Bat attacks increasing in numbers greatly  to the number of days passed compared to hounds and Guards not being useful during night when armed with only Torches, after that Klei made changes that made sure bats would attack in more reasonable manner (update came 2 weeks later but then Apocalypse happened) and after all that we are back to complaning about Guards being annoying again....hahahahaha

"ik u did... U did... Ik..... Can't prove it cuz reasons but u did" 

xD

By that time I was actually not talking about "difficult bat waves T_T..." xD... In fact I was talking about performance in general with both bat's and how rabid beetles were absolutely destroying it cuz the reproduce way too much reporting drops to 14 fps. 

As for why I suggested a change to the guards I already explained that there is a thematical disparity between how the guards act around camp fires and fire risk and how they choose to burn stuff, specially when there have standing lanterns providing light right beside them at night. They are also the only structure u can build in Hamlet for protection.

You actually aggred you would like a type of brazier system which I found a cool idea.. So what's you problem now? 

Besides the hahaha argument do you have something of substance? 

43 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

"ik u did... U did... Ik..... Can't prove it cuz reasons but u did" 

xD

By that time I was actually not talking about "difficult bat waves T_T..." xD... In fact I was talking about performance in general with both bat's and how rabid beetles were absolutely destroying it cuz the reproduce way too much reporting drops to 14 fps. 

As for why I suggested a change to the guards I already explained that there is a thematical disparity between how the guards act around camp fires and fire risk and how they choose to burn stuff, specially when there have standing lanterns providing light right beside them at night. They are also the only structure u can build in Hamlet for protection.

You actually aggred you would like a type of brazier system which I found a cool idea.. So what's you problem now? 

Besides the hahaha argument do you have something of substance? 

I was only just giving you credit for something you suggested long before but it still not being implemented yet which got us back to the same problem again.

I found the repeating pattern to be funny.

9 minutes ago, MWY said:

don't you see the repeating pattern here that keeps getting back to the same problem and thus being hilarious?

and I was only just giving you credit for something you suggested long before but it still not being implemented yet which got us back to the same problem again.

Not really...

One problem was overall performance issues in general ... The other is thematic specific to the guards ... I think it's pretty clear.. 

As for giving me credit...  I wouldn't suggest double hand use tbh.. That's why I'm asking u for proof. 

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Not really...

One problem was overall performance in general ... The other is thematic specicifc to the guards ... I think it's pretty clear.. 

As for giving me credit...  I wouldn't suggest double hand use tbh.. That's why I'm asking u for proof. 

I don't have time to go dig out a 2 month old post from a thread.

and I personally think Klei should make you a Developer now cause the amount of depth you can go for making the game better really warrants your dedication.

Imagine if they instead carried a lantern.

If a guard would be aggrivated by something during the dusk or night, it would drop the lantern on the ground and equip its Halbert for the offence.

After its aggro drops, it would return to its lantern to pick it up again.

If the player were to pick up the lantern (early game it would be a powerful snatch), the guard will become aggresive to the player.

Archived