a brilliant willow rework idea

Don't starve is a game in which fire is "not an actual weapon" because it destroys the loot (not taking in account the fact that you can weaken enemies with it, that is totally fine). 

You have a wand and darts that set enemies on fire and you find yourself not using that kind of weapons 99% of the time, which sucks... 

I wish Willow could make fire somewhat useful.

Uhm maybe fire needs a rework, too? Initial fire immunity near flames makes fire not really a dangerous hazard and I think there are only 4 monster in DST which are fire-alligned (and 3 of them are belonging to the raid-bosses) and Willow's extra fire immunity is very situational. The regrowth mechanic makes flame accidents actually bearable so I don't mind these kinds of hazards...

I somewhat like her Gorge perk.

Technically you can use fire as an extra dps right now, as long as you dont kill the enemy while burning it. Maybe that can be made better for her, somehow.

You can also drop rope or boards and set them on fire for extra damage if you manage to push the enemy near or over it. Rope and boards burn for a long time, thats why those items are better. Fire inmunity would come handy, but it wouldnt make her much better, just somewhat better.

A pretty cool thing willow can do with fire immunity, (right now it can be made with scalemail, go ahead try it out) is to drop 20 rope one by one in one place (not in a stack, just separate them) and then set them on fire while standing in the fire. You will get sanity stacking at a huge rate, filling your entire sanity in seconds. You can put out the flames with a flingo or with a water balloon after 18 seconds of buning, to prevent loosing the rope. You can keep using the same rope over and over (or even add more rope for a faster effect). If she was fire immune I guess she could do this without scalemail from the beginning of the game (considering that you have the rope, and at least a water baloon, of course)

Remember winona had the abilty to make fire burn longer in gorge maybe thats really useful when she makes campfires burn longer when she put fire in or normal campfire. Would be cool she could craft molotoves like fire spreading items like she drops it down it has like fire circle on ground like 8-10 second damaging and burning everything in it. And maybe give her special item she can craft firecream out of aloe you get from oasis to make fire cream when you use it would be cool to see new effect how they cream over them selves and it defends them from fire and heath. When she uses molotoves so you team mates can be in it so wont get damaged by fire but would be cool for it a timer too when the firecream comes off you like maybe 20-30 second effect.

Archived