Anyone want to talk about why the Swinesbury academy has a portrait of the Pig King?

21 hours ago, MWY said:

the Pigking does not mutate into an Werepig so he kinda doesn't fit the description of being Father of Wilba, Great Grandfather perhaps but not Father.

21 hours ago, Osbalop said:

Maybe the Pigking doesn´t transform because he has something similar to the silver necklace, he gave one to Wilba after all.

Well, he's surrounded of obelisks by some reason. heh

10 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:

"Legend has it the Pig King and his followers left their home to rule freely in the constant".

Sounds like a self-exile.

20 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

It’s hard to imagine anyone as fancy as Malfafa marrying a dude in a grass skirt who lies around outside day and night. Maybe they’re related some other way? He could be her ne’er do well brother who got sent off to the wilderness.

¿Probably the effects of live in the woods, and don't move out of the "safe area" (obelisks) because he's cursed?

Looks like some years has past since the Pig King leave Hamlet (¿to find a solution for Werepig curse?).

1 hour ago, Tapirus said:

Well, he's surrounded of obelisks by some reason. heh

AAAAAAAAAAA!!! I've never thought of this!! Why hasn't anyone pointed this out? Why am I just now thinking about this? Is it the obelisks that are keeping him sane? Gyah! Is this why he never moves? The questions pile up!

41 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

AAAAAAAAAAA!!! I've never thought of this!! Why hasn't anyone pointed this out? Why am I just now thinking about this? Is it the obelisks that are keeping him sane? Gyah! Is this why he never moves? The questions pile up!

The Obelisks are aren't really that special, they are also found in adventure mode blocking paths and can be lowered when your Sanity is Lower.

They are more related to shadows then to the Pigking.

Okay, this is more headcanon than anything, but here's my theory;

Pig King, then Pig Prince, was invited to the Plateau for diplomatic reasons. Pig Prince meets Princess Malfalfa, have brief romance resulting in Wilba, then Pig Prince is forced to return to the Mainland to become Pig King, leaving behind a silver necklace for Wilba. Malfalfa becomes queen, Maxwell ruins everything, yada yada yada, and that's why there's a Portrait of the Pig King in Swinesbury Academy.

Just my two cents.

They were there before him, but I'm pretty sure they were dead when got in the Constant. This is pretty confusing, because in the Metheus puzzle it was revealed that the Ancients once lived above ground then migrated to the Caves, which meanss they both existed before Max got there. I always get mixed in the lore 

7 hours ago, PriscaMitica said:

They were there before him, but I'm pretty sure they were dead when got in the Constant. This is pretty confusing, because in the Metheus puzzle it was revealed that the Ancients once lived above ground then migrated to the Caves, which meanss they both existed before Max got there. I always get mixed in the lore 

You've started very interesting topic. Personaly, I think Maxwell wasn't a creator of the Constant. I assume he began to get to know the world after receiving the Codex Umbra. But when, he was taken into the Constant is a question. Ancients definitely were there before, but in one of my theories Charlie and Maxwell were responsible for the donwfall of the Ancients. On one of the murals we can see shadowy thorns, which remind me Charlie. What if our couple wanted to conquer the Acient Civilisation and then rule the world? Maybe after, they quarreled who will be the ruler, Maxwell became a king, and Charlie vanished. But there is one thing what puts in uncertainty the whole theory. We can see Terrorbeak on Maxwell's drawings before him entering the Constant. It's probable that Ancients had turned into nightmares before Charlie and Maxwell entered. What do you think?

2 hours ago, Cytryn7 said:

You've started very interesting topic. Personaly, I think Maxwell wasn't a creator of the Constant. I assume he began to get to know the world after receiving the Codex Umbra. But when, he was taken into the Constant is a question. Ancients definitely were there before, but in one of my theories Charlie and Maxwell were responsible for the donwfall of the Ancients. On one of the murals we can see shadowy thorns, which remind me Charlie. What if our couple wanted to conquer the Acient Civilisation and then rule the world? Maybe after, they quarreled who will be the ruler, Maxwell became a king, and Charlie vanished. But there is one thing what puts in uncertainty the whole theory. We can see Terrorbeak on Maxwell's drawings before him entering the Constant. It's probable that Ancients had turned into nightmares before Charlie and Maxwell entered. What do you think?

From what I know while taking in DST's Lore,
The Ancients were the true inhabitants of this world and they found Shadow Fuel/Nightmare Fuel in the depths of their world which they used to create their technologies and become highly advanced and powerful,

but as it turns out, The Shadow Fuel had a mind of its own, it destroyed the Ancient Civilisation, using their own ambitions against them and then changed their entire World into the Constant.

Maxwell found the book Codex Umbra which was a sort of Black Magic/ Dark Arts book and he was a failing Showman that needed something to boost his career, Discovering he could Conjure Shadow Magic from the book and use it as Magic Trick to show to his Audience greatly helped him in his career and during that time he met Charlie who was young woman also looking for opportunities.

Both of them worked together as a Magician and his faithful Assistant in the shows they performed and were greatly successful until the Shadow Magic Maxwell used started to effect him.

in one scene we see Charlie go to Maxwell's Apartment and see the entire place in shambles with writings on the wall saying stuff about "Them" and because of this she decides to leave Maxwell since he is no longer safe or sane.

But of course before both of them can depart from one another they decide to perform one final show together, and that show was their last as Maxwell decides to probably Conjure a Shadow Creature as a Grand Finale which immediately drags both Maxwell and Charlie into the Constant.

From that point on Maxwell became the Puppet King to the Shadow Creatures/Fuel and Charlie became the Shadow/Night Monster.

The Ancient were long gone since Maxwell and Charlie came to the constant and Maxwell explains that he has gone down into the ruins a lot of times before he became a Puppet king inorder to investigate about the origins of the constant and the Shadow Creatures/Fuel itself.

He discovered the origins and the true nature of the Constant from the Murals and remains of the Ancient Civilisation and tried going against the Shadow Creatures because they had lured him to this world the same way they had lured the Ancient Civilisation to their Doom with Ambition.

The Shadow Creatures Punished Maxwell into becoming their Puppet king who would lure other mortals to the constant with the same method.

As for the Pigs and Merms, we still have no idea where they came from but they were here before Maxwell came and Maxwell says it as well about the merms.

And Hamlet is probably the DLC that will explain the Pigs origin as the Gorge Event in DST slightly explained the origins of Merms as well.

Thanks @MWY Your explanation fits very well! But I love seeing things form different perspectives. I would like to add alternative explanation, which is also possible. Yes, Charlie after seeing creepy stuff in Maxwell's room is really terified and wants explanation. I think after this, she doesn't leave Maxwell, but he shows her Codex and all that shadow tricks. In one letter Charlie admits that using shadows in their performances gives a lot of audience and she likes it. We still don't know how Charlie became Grue. Maybe after studying Codex Umbra darkness started to consume her (Maxwell could be more resistent to the Nightmare Fuel's influence, because of his strong mind. In game he has realy high sanity regen). I always thought that Charlie imprisoned Maxwell on the Throne because those shadow "chains" are fully obey to her. She also rules in full freedom, unlike Maxwell or Wilson.

Archived