Why we need merged crafting.

Seero

13 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

um i did

No, you didn't. All you did is throw around some edgy non-responses trying to look smug instead of actually discussing the issue and explaining your point of view in relation to what others said :distant:

On 2/12/2019 at 3:32 PM, Parusoid said:

They are not merged for balance reasons. You can still use mods for that anyway. Just download them after you completed self-set goal, so it does not feel overpowered

"Overpowered" 

People in this community succeed to blur the lines between luxury and genuiene unbalanced. I'd criticized the hell out of klei for there balancing issues (wx78, b wraps buying boss drops) This would be the least of them, it would be a blessing among late game players. like me and others because it would make the game more fun and last longer instead of people stopping after 1500 days. You also fail to provide the barely valid reasons in your post. Also mods don't fix an issue, or fufill suggestions

why do we have suggestions then? just download a mod, or ask someone to make that mod that adds in the content you desire.

5 hours ago, Atsumame said:

No offense here, but you are still doing what @Ellilea is saying.

You have no real arguments and keep going in circle with repeating yourself. Saying "It's my opinion" doesn't exempt you from criticism.

^ this, i don't like how people just go into opinion based threads and offer an opposing opinion with no explanation, Not only he won't be taken seriously but it will just derail the thread because he can't provide proper criticism, even though it would be accepted wholeheartedly

i mean heck, look at all the suggestions everyone put for this mechanic, everything was widely different and i accepted that instead of not budging on my original prompt of the addition also instead of just empty pointless arguments.

On 2/12/2019 at 6:20 PM, Atsumame said:

That's a poor excuse and you know it. 

Otherwise you need to go to the suggestion section section and tell on every single topic on there that everything suggested in existence is overpowered because said suggestions aren't in the game yet.

it's like saying klei is omniscient and know everything in the world thats op and not op, and they add everything not op to the game.

also damn i guess asking to nerf thunderbids and sty shops are op because wx can't buff from them anymore.

9 hours ago, Parusoid said:

oh wow 4 things out of 24k suggestions posts, thats like 0.02% chance, you have more chances to drop krampus sack, than make suggestion a feature in game, so take that into consideration

8 hours ago, Parusoid said:

what kind of weird deduction is that?

Basic Contradiction. in these two posts. Your STILL undermining the whole meaning of suggestions just so you can prove a point. 

5 hours ago, Averagewx78main said:

"Overpowered" 

People in this community succeed to blur the lines between luxury and genuiene unbalanced. I'd criticized the hell out of klei for there balancing issues (wx78, b wraps buying boss drops) This would be the least of them, it would be a blessing among late game players. like me and others because it would make the game more fun and last longer instead of people stopping after 1500 days. You also fail to provide the barely valid reasons in your post. Also mods don't fix an issue, or fufill suggestions

why do we have suggestions then? just download a mod, or ask someone to make that mod that adds in the content you desire.

^ this, i don't like how people just go into opinion based threads and offer an opposing opinion with no explanation, Not only he won't be taken seriously but it will just derail the thread because he can't provide proper criticism, even though it would be accepted wholeheartedly

i mean heck, look at all the suggestions everyone put for this mechanic, everything was widely different and i accepted that instead of not budging on my original prompt of the addition also instead of just empty pointless arguments.

it's like saying klei is omniscient and know everything in the world thats op and not op, and they add everything not op to the game.

also damn i guess asking to nerf thunderbids and sty shops are op because wx can't buff from them anymore.

Basic Contradiction. in these two posts. Your STILL undermining the whole meaning of suggestions just so you can prove a point. 

Please discuss the topic, not your view on forum users, thanks 

On 11/02/2019 at 6:07 AM, Averagewx78main said:

One of the reasons being is that the farming potential is pretty unmatched

If you really need a reason against, it's this. Dlc is meant to feel different than the other so no sense in having wildbores in rog or something.

Secondly sw and hamlet seems to intentionally be harder than the rog, so you have harder times 'doing automated farms that do things for you' to make more engaging and to force more direct approach from player. 

And its the designs of characters like Wilbur and woodlegs makes it hard to play them outside their dlc, not the lack of merging system, so you should be asking for rework than just a workaround 

Merged crafting will ony make things more comfortable for the late game, the only difference would be that you won´t have to change worlds everytime you want to craft something from another DLC.

For example, you can´t craft beehives on hamlet but if you want to farm honey you only have to travel to RoG, collect the honey and travel back to hamlet,  with merged crafting you would save yourself the trip.

9 minutes ago, Osbalop said:

Yes, but you can´t move the ant chests to your base

You can't move reeds too.

It seems ntentional. To not make everything easy. Especially when it's specifically said when you load the game that hamlet is much harder than previous dlcs 

Secondly it gives the player incentive to go explore instead sit in base 

8 hours ago, Parusoid said:

Please discuss the topic, not your view on forum users, thanks 

If you really need a reason against, it's this. Dlc is meant to feel different than the other so no sense in having wildbores in rog or something.

Secondly sw and hamlet seems to intentionally be harder than the rog, so you have harder times 'doing automated farms that do things for you' to make more engaging and to force more direct approach from player. 

And its the designs of characters like Wilbur and woodlegs makes it hard to play them outside their dlc, not the lack of merging system, so you should be asking for rework than just a workaround 

Do not tell me to discuss the topic. I mentioned an opinion through a vast wall of text, it's pretty minor and not worth pointing out

Also its my thread. First off hamlet is way easier then both ROG and SW Woodlegs is also top S tier in all three dlc's just cause of his treasure hunting system. Also don't tell me what i can and cannot ask. Merged crafting isn't op and especially if it is something you have to work for.

1 hour ago, Mooagain said:

The biggest complaint I have with Hamlet is how useless all of the items in the collectors shop are. We need the walking cane recipe.

Personally I don't mind them this much, but I sure wish for non-craftable unique items that can only be bought.

Merged crafting won't create any new kind of automated farms, in fact, you're already fully capable of building automated farms on Hamlet through the use of Houndious Shootius and Elephant Cactus which are fully transportable just for the fact they fit in your inventory.

You say that having Wildbores in RoG won't make sense yet you're fully capable to create stuff like this in Hamlet just by using item that can be placed in your inventory.

image.thumb.png.59898d940aa6391a254c1975da3e5caa.png

Wilbur is actually better outside of SW because his sprint ability doesn't work while sailing. Prime Apes farmers would be a neat little thing to have outside of SW but he works fine without it.
Lack of a merging system makes it mildly annoying to play Woodlegs on RoG and Hamlet since I cannot build my Sea Legs on the little ponds and if I ever happen to lose my Lucky Hat I'd be screwed for life until I get to travel to SW to make another one. Imagine if Wigfrid's special item were locked in RoG so you had to travel there every time you wanted to build a new helmet.

57 minutes ago, Averagewx78main said:

First off hamlet is way easier then both ROG and SW

Its not what the game says

Woodlegs is also top S tier

On 11.02.2019 at 7:39 AM, SandvichSpy said:

Wilbur and Woodlegs as both characters can't make full use of their perks outside of SW

Merged crafting isn't op and especially if it is something you have to work for.

<put a crazy solution to a problem (that is you not being able to survive with what you get)> isnt op if it is something you have to work for.
Just beacuse you think its not op, does not mean it makes sense. Yay, lets place Oscillating Fan in rog beacuse thats what we need. 

12 minutes ago, SandvichSpy said:

Merged crafting won't create any new kind of automated farms

well tell that to op whos one of the reasons for merging is that they cant use bunnies in sw

you're already fully capable of building automated farms on Hamlet through the use of Houndious Shootius and Elephant Cactus which are fully transportable just for the fact they fit in your inventory

same as above, tell that to op, who cant survive with the things that they already have

You say that having Wildbores in RoG won't make sense yet you're fully capable to create stuff like this in Hamlet just by using item that can be placed in your inventory.

Wchich just confirms that having wilbores outside of SW does not makes sense, hence you cant have them

Wilbur is actually better outside of SW

Um, i was referrring to your post:

On 11.02.2019 at 7:39 AM, SandvichSpy said:

Wilbur and Woodlegs as both characters can't make full use of their perks outside of SW

I cannot build my Sea Legs on the little ponds and if I ever happen to lose my Lucky Hat I'd be screwed for life until I get to travel to SW to make another one

Thats just seem like a character design flaw, rather than lack of merging system

16 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

well tell that to op whos one of the reasons for merging is that they cant use bunnies in sw

same as above, tell that to op, who cant survive with the things that they already have

It's not that we cannot survive with the things we already have, it's that we could have so much more options to play the game with. My biggest joy in this game is base building and I would be oh so grateful if I was able to build a bunnyman island in SW.

36 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Yay, lets place Oscillating Fan in rog beacuse thats what we need. 

Oscillating Fan would be cool to have for drying off in RoG's Spring tho.

2 minutes ago, SandvichSpy said:

It's not that we cannot survive with the things we already have, it's that we could have so much more options to play the game with

no its not, op's point is that they cant build things to help them farm other things, so lets stick with that

6 minutes ago, SandvichSpy said:

Oscillating Fan would be cool to have for drying off in RoG's Spring tho.

or just use a campfire

1 hour ago, Parusoid said:

no its not, op's point is that they cant build things to help them farm other things, so lets stick with that

Yes, this is also a part of "Having more options to play with".

1 hour ago, Parusoid said:

or just use a campfire

There is such a thing called as progression. I'd say if a player actually bother to bring a fan into RoG/SW they well earned it. It would be basically a small convenient thing for people who bother to use merged world while also being a progression tree for mid game (And as a bonus, Deco for late game for most structures).

2 hours ago, Parusoid said:

Its not what the game says

<put a crazy solution to a problem (that is you not being able to survive with what you get)> isnt op if it is something you have to work for.
Just beacuse you think its not op, does not mean it makes sense. Yay, lets place Oscillating Fan in rog beacuse thats what we need. 

Wchich just confirms that having wilbores outside of SW does not makes sense, hence you cant have them

Um, i was referrring to your post:

Thats just seem like a character design flaw, rather than lack of merging system

Wilbur and woodlegs CAN use their perks outside of shipwrecked, 

Wilbur because theres much more land to explore in hamle and ROG

and for woodlegs cause his main perk treasure hunting is also really good for both since you don't need a boat to get to treasure

Oh and i can't survive with the things i already have. Yeah your absolutely right, two whole saves that go past day 100 and one even is almost at day 400. 

Also alot of things in this game don't make sense, Why do we have tallbirds? that can kill us by bludgeoning our skull with their own eye, Why do we have self sustaining robots who will not run out of fuel no matter what? Why do those broken variants still work despite being extremely crippled looking? Wildboars are just pigs and saying they wouldn't make sense being outside of sw is just a weak argument.

20190214165645_1.thumb.jpg.622627cfb181b375fc5b3b3f5d3c4c9f.jpg

2 hours ago, Parusoid said:

Same as above, tell that to op, who cant survive with the things that they already have

How incredibly judgmental and rude of you. Especially since I know the guy and I know he can perfectly manage to live infinitely regardless.

At this point I don't even know if it's worth arguing with you and I'm almost wondering if you are trolling the thread.

4 hours ago, Mooagain said:

The biggest complaint I have with Hamlet is how useless all of the items in the collectors shop are. We need the walking cane recipe.

I was watching a streamer who pointed out that, if you're playing Wormwood, it's worth it to try to get to ROG so that you can buy scales then make scaled armor and be fireproof. Same with eyebrella. So there is a synchronicity, but it seems like most of those items are incentives to link worlds.

19 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

This is pretty the best comeback and takedown I've ever seen on these forums.

Thank you, it also shows my creditbility why the whole mechanic would be good as someone who goes lategame.

Archived