Nettle farming is broken

Things get in way of farming:

* Need to be placed in jungle biome

* Need to be placed in jungle biome NEXT TO water for sprinkler

* Need to have sprinkler surround them

* Need to be wet

* AFTER they are wet, need to wait for them to grow

And on top of ALL of that, the jungle biome has the flowers that block anything to be planted in pretty large radius of them.

This is very big problem. You either sit next to sprinkler, or you wait till humid time and... still wait for sprinkler? Humidity and rain often not enough for time to make them grow, so you have to baby sit them. And it's only few of them, because you can't get many anyway.

They were nerfed already in health values, stuff needed to farm them seem excessive. Can we may be have them grow instantly when they are wet instead of having to wait? If you turn on sprinkler and go do something else, sprinkler will probably run out of fuel by time you remember to go for it or can get back to them and they will have shrunk again :(

Also sprinkler radius doesn't show how far it shoots water, only how far from water you can place it, can we have another circle for the smaller radius it actually is useful for?

1. Nettle farming is fine as it is. The only problem is those jungle flowers but they ain't even a big one.

2. It's fine cuz nettles don't rot so all you have to do is sacrefice few days for nettle farming. And even then you can simply do stuff around your base

3. Sprinkler radious is fine if you're clever enough to use wettness meter to check if you can plant nettle in sprinkler's range.

7 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

1. Nettle farming is fine as it is. The only problem is those jungle flowers but they ain't even a big one.

2. It's fine cuz nettles don't rot so all you have to do is sacrefice few days for nettle farming. And even then you can simply do stuff around your base

3. Sprinkler radious is fine if you're clever enough to use wettness meter to check if you can plant nettle in sprinkler's range.

* They are, very big, restricts huge placement. End up with only may be 8 nettle around sprinkler, when you could have more. Some maps don't have water next to jungle biome close enough at all for farming nettles!

* I don't want to stand around doing nothing. Mentioned that if you go away, you might forget, or by time you wanna collect, so many things get in way of you getting back in time, like bats, Roc, Aporkalipse etc. Do they stay wet and grow off-screen?

* Not that, I can't see what radius is when placing is the problem, end up planting nettles where it can't reach. Read more carefully what I write next time?

I think the best buff would be to allow plants to be planted anywhere inside of the jungle, even on top of the jungle flowers.

I don't really think the way of farming them is that complicated, it makes sense that it would be considering it pretty much makes Lush a piece of cake. But I do believe that having to make several Sprinklers because you couldn't fit 10 flowers underneath one due to the jungle flowers, is kinda annoying. Especially since there's generally not too many areas in the jungle with water next to them.

1 hour ago, Charsis said:

And it's only few of them, because you can't get many anyway.

If you use a shovel to move all the nettles to the sprinkler, you can get more nettles in one harvest than you need for an entire lush season. With that, it's not so bad to deal with. It's definitely a bit of babysitting to do a harvest, though. You want to have as many nettles planted as you can get.

5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

May I ask what you want Klei to change in neetle farming?

I suggest you read my posts again, but I agree with Roosev nad think they should regrow as soon as they are in wet state.

@Tumalu I meant even when they close to sprinkler, only few of them, like 8 max.

21 minutes ago, Tumalu said:

Nah, when I've used a sprinkler I've gotten well over 20 wet at once o: And you only need 21 for a whole lush season.

This!

The fact that Neetle Farms are kind of hard to get makes them a nice challenge. I've started 6 or 7 new games on Hamlet and I always get a nice Rain DeepForest next to a Lilypond where I can plant almost 20 Nettle Vines around the sprinkler. You have to be wise and use a shovel to plant them. With only 4 days I can get almost 80 or 100 Nettle pieces, that's actually OP. 

For me, Nettle Farms are ok right now but I agree with the fact that sometimes is unfair that the only place where you can have a farm is full of flowers or Leafy Pillars (the big trees you can't destroy and where Rabid Beetles spawn from). 

Oh hey look, another random world gen with no water near any jungle biomes, guess I just wasted a few hours yet again due to a simple world gen fix not being implemented..  But hey at least they ripped Warbucks out, so now my favorite character in Hamlet has been replaced by a poorly designed hack of a character that comes with his own utterly horrible crafting tree and is a plant man that somehow doesn't heal when it rains?

Archived