Is it normal to have this many beehives??

DaS

I started a new world for testing out the effects of insanity (and how long one could survive whilst insane), and in my attempt to find a horde of bunny holes (to see the new beardlings) I found this instead...

Posted Image

A whole grassland biome filled with beehives... complete with hundreds of killer bees to boot... It's like the effects of the 'bee mine' glitch in there... only the bee's try and kill you :(

I hereby dub this land of bees 'Terrence'

Edited by DaS

yeah, that's why i didn't like the new map gen much....it's either u lack something really bad or u have way too much of everything...just make the map look really messy.....and u really don;t need more than bee box anyway IMO.

2-3 beeboxes is enough to provide more honey than you'll ever need.I like the killer bee biome though. It spices things up.

Sadly, yes. It's intended. Your not allowed to go there without spending a pointless amount of time picking away at them.No idea why the devs were thinking.

hint: plant a lot of trees next to biome, lure bees close to it and set stuff on fire.

Pig army equipped with beekeeper hats. At the very least they survive long enough to provide a distraction.

Just do not fight them in the line sight of the hives or else they might receive reinforcements.I find the bug net plus beekeeper hat a good option. You can release them in hostile environments like tentacle filled swamps or spider infested forests, get popcorn, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

It's probably so you can more easily make taffy (which costs honey) and to add danger to the biome. I think Kevin once said he wanted to add things to make each biome have it's dangers so it wouldn't just be the tentacles in the swamp you had to worry about. So the Savannah has rampaging Beefalos and the green grass biome has crap loads of killer bees.

Just do not fight them in the line sight of the hives or else they might receive reinforcements.I find the bug net plus beekeeper hat a good option. You can release them in hostile environments like tentacle filled swamps or spider infested forests, get popcorn, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Or turn Chester into a time-bomb!