Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

...not sure about the rest but some variant of Tree King sounds cool. Basically a variant of Treeguard that spawns later-game as the Treeguard spawning chance climbs up...specifically in Spring perhaps, since that season lacks an aggressive boss in DST? Bonus points if in the buildup to it, regular trees start spawning nearby, then de-spawning the moment the player's screen moves away from them. Spooky 'the trees have eyes' feel.
Setpiece kinda like that of the Clay Varg when it's time for it to spawn, spawn in the boss on approach with a bunch of Treeguard buddies and a circle of impassable tangleroot/vine/tree overgrowth that withers and dies when the boss does.

I'd already been thinking that some sort of Treeguard rework could be neat; a low-chance encounter with a more difficult variant. The attacks you listed are pretty much spot on what I was thinking of.

Since Warly is coming as a regular character for everyone instead of a DLC character like Wortox or Wormwood, akin to Winona's arrival to the constant, can we expect all common skins like Survivor, Guest of Honor, Triumphant, Rosette, Gladiator, Magmatic, Costume, and Character Refresh specific skin for him?

On 6/5/2019 at 6:01 PM, SinancoTheBest said:

Warly [...] Gladiator, Magmatic

Welcome to Hell's Kitchen.

Seriously though, please give him a cleaver weapon for that mode.

EDIT:

jesus christ if Billiam really does get added
and then we have Warly

LAMB

S A U C E

either way give him a lamb sauce recipe
we need this

Also, Lamb Sauce would make a great name for their Steam Card pairing.
And their ship.

On 22.01.2019 at 9:59 PM, Bigfoot said:

it was high time we gave our core cast some love (yes, we heard you)

What they want to say in this sentence? Are they talk about Don't Starve single mod?
(English is not my native language, I didn't understand what they want to say and google translator have poor translation)

39 minutes ago, Slagger said:

What they want to say in this sentence? Are they talk about Don't Starve single mod?
(English is not my native language, I didn't understand what they want to say and google translator have poor translation)

he was referring to character reworks... all the characters are gonna get some additions/changes... so far Winona and Willow got a rework and we hope that after Warly, Woodie comes next

I think it’s time we got an update on this roadmap!

Who’s the next refresh? 

What are the plans for DST in 2020?

who are the other Three Totally brand new characters coming to DST? Just give us their names, if nothing else.(I’m not counting Wormwood because he’s not exactly new.. he’s from the Hamlet DLC or Warly from the Singleplayer Shipwrecked DLC) Wortox would technically be considered as the only completely new DST character.

(and if I’m wrong on this I’d love a dev to correct me so I’ll be looking for only two new characters left to arrive instead of the three)

Also when can we expect to see the rest of the DS: Shipwrecked cast ported to DST? I mostly just want Walani now that the sea is an actual part of DST, I want to cruise around on her surfboard! 

And lastly I had a dev message me in PM confirming that skins I missed out on will be returning so that I have a chance to obtain them again, and while they did not go any further into details as to HOW these skins will be returning.. they did reassure me that Limited time Event items such as the Winterfeast Lantern I’ve been wanting will be returning.

(But I personally thought that because the limited time events like the Forge & Gorge were ultimately way to costly for them to run.. that these events won’t ever be returning so currently I’m left confused & uncertain as to what they have up their sleeves.)

On 1/25/2019 at 1:16 PM, SpoonyBardIV said:

Hey, @Jason, will any of this content be coming to single player DS in the future? I don't really think it's fair that the original DS cast is getting reworked in DST but not DS. Not to mention the fact that A CERTAIN NEW CHARACTER you mentioned was originally planned for normal DS. Just saying.

I honestly feel like they don’t NEED to waste time updating single player don’t starve, especially for these reworked characters (now that quite a few of them have been reworked) we understand now that their new found abilities are for TEAM WORK, which obviously isn’t a thing in Single Player- they have updated DST so much that it’s starting to feel less like a expansion pack and more and more like a full fledge game sequel (it’s not quite there yet... but more character reworks, new biomes, more new things that want you to DIE a Horrible death, and brand new Team based characters/content will soon make it feel that way)

Even the brand new Turn of Tides update- while it burrows heavily from the single player Shipwrecked DLC it’s further improved upon by making the boats something you have to craft in multiple parts, unlike SW.. which you sorta just built a boat & set sail- in TOGETHER you build a platform, you build an Anchor, a Steering Wheel, Rowing Oars, and a Mast and THEN you can go on boat adventures.

the boats take damage getting leaks requiring patches.. it really feels like a whole new game.

wasting anymore development time on Single Player DS when they can just continue to update DS:Together seems like a pretty time consuming and very costly thing to do if you ask me.

and now... we just need them to hurry the heck up and port over the rest of the Shipwrecked and Hamlet stuff

the playable characters are nice...

but what everyone really wants are the MONSTERS to be added to the DST game, for example Shipwrecks Jungle Biomes with Snakes & Monkeys, And Hamlets Man Eating Walking Plants.

Archived