New shopping mechanic idea

I think Klei should rewards players for buying/selling with SANITY (3-5 per sell/buy) because Sanity is the biggest problem in Hamlet IMO. This will also nerf Warbucks a little buck (maybe). What do you guys think?

14 hours ago, zIOZ said:

Sanity is the biggest problem in Hamlet IMO. 

I  thought sanity was a issue my first and second game. Until I realize how easy it is to regain sanity in Hamlet. There are so many options to counter sanity drain in this game:

-Bye green mushrooms in a spa.

-Craft a log raft  and collect lotus flowers every five days.

-Blooming tubers on lush season.

-Feijoada, Tea, Iced tea, spicy vegetable stinger and steamed ham sandwich restore a lot of sanity.

39 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

When I saw the mud spa I thought it would be a place where you could pay for a spa to regain sanity

Someone make a mod so if you pay 10 oincs to beatician the day skips and you gain 50 sanity

also don't make it weird and hentai please.

5 hours ago, MWY said:

even that seems weird, I mean spending money doesn't make your mind feel better.

Oh my friend someone must show you the ways of retail therapy.  

As for the sanity aspect, I like the way it sounds. It fits into the theme of using "civilized" trappings, like top hats and such, to ease your mind. I mean what's more civilized than a system of commerce supported by a government issued currency? I'm just not sure how easy it would be to implement. What's to stop you from just buying up ice for one oinc each and just cheese the whole system?

5 hours ago, Blonde0chaos said:

Oh my friend someone must show you the ways of retail therapy.  

As for the sanity aspect, I like the way it sounds. It fits into the theme of using "civilized" trappings, like top hats and such, to ease your mind. I mean what's more civilized than a system of commerce supported by a government issued currency? I'm just not sure how easy it would be to implement. What's to stop you from just buying up ice for one oinc each and just cheese the whole system?

Well how about a hotel that lets you skip a day and recover health and sanity at cost of hunger and 10 oincs, while as at 20 or 30 oincs you get a room with catering that will also full your hunger along?

18 minutes ago, MWY said:

Well how about a hotel that lets you skip a day and recover health and sanity at cost of hunger and 10 oincs, while as at 20 or 30 oincs you get a room with catering that will also full your hunger along?

I love that idea! That stops any spamming that would throw the balancing off kilter. I don't know what would work better, a single hotel with different levels of suites or two different buildings on different islands. Like the first island has the run down motel and the second has the penthouse suite, with each having different benefits. Both would have to be pretty pricey though to, don't want it being too easy.

Archived