Winter Tale Theories?

Alright so the thing at the end, obviously a Yeti. We saw Walrus people which seem like they might be the new Pig people of the Winter. Obviously freezing to death (Which was actually an idea i proposed a while ago along with the clothes). Did anyone else spot anything? I saw no freeze frames like usual unless i blinked everytime they came upEdit: Deerclops, my bad xD

Edited by tigbits

• Developer

In sandbox, you can now control all kind of neat things, like the balance between day and night, and winter and summer. Of course, most of those options are locked away in this update. We're working out the details of the overall metagame progression in the next (post-winter) update, but it's probably going to involve unlocking new world configuration options.Curious modders might be able to access a lot of this stuff early. It's going to be an interesting update!

• Developer

By default, winter starts on day 30, and lasts 20 days. If you are continuing an old save, I believe that you will have 30 days from whenever you start to prepare. There is a spinner in the (new!) custom game menu to adjust this, to get more or less winter earlier or later.

In sandbox, you can now control all kind of neat things, like the balance between day and night, and winter and summer. Of course, most of those options are locked away in this update. We're working out the details of the overall metagame progression in the next (post-winter) update, but it's probably going to involve unlocking new world configuration options.Curious modders might be able to access a lot of this stuff early. It's going to be an interesting update!

Kevin, we gone through Winter and Sanity, what else could there possibly be in the next update! :D

• Developer

Kevin, we gone through Winter and Sanity, what else could there possibly be in the next update! :D

Why, the end game, of course. It's the last thing left on the roadmap. :)That, and a lot of tuning and balancing. The next couple of updates will be more... refinement oriented that the last few. We've been motoring along on content, but now we need to patch it up into a shippable game.

By default, winter starts on day 30, and lasts 20 days. If you are continuing an old save, I believe that you will have 30 days from whenever you start to prepare. There is a spinner in the (new!) custom game menu to adjust this, to get more or less winter earlier or later.

How long does it take to freeze to death?

Why, the end game, of course. It's the last thing left on the roadmap. :)That, and a lot of tuning and balancing. The next couple of updates will be more... refinement oriented that the last few. We've been motoring along on content, but now we need to patch it up into a shippable game.

So you mean the end game is gonna be the next update! :o I so excited! Then after that tuning and bug fixing you say! :D

• Developer

So you mean the end game is gonna be the next update! :o I so excited! Then after that tuning and bug fixing you say! :D

I think it's actually spread over the next two updates. The next one is focusing on the difficulty progression of the adventure mode levels. Then the next one layers in the story stuff. Then we ... launch. (gulp!)

• Developer

Is there a new character in this update; there seems to be no suggestion of it...

Nope. i want to make the existing characters more distinct before adding any more. I think you might have your launch roster already :)

I think a little bit of panic just set in...

I am not scared the game is easy i want challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

That depends upon what you are wearing! If you aren't wearing anything warm.... not very long.

Thanks for telling me! Edited by sirmentlegen

So say you somehow survive winter, will it occur again in another 30 days in an endless cycle or will winter be a one time thing?