Add Tentacle Spots to Oddities Shop

So that Wicker can still make her prime time book, On Tentacles.

I'm starting a Wicker world anyway because I want to try Sleepytime Stories on the bat waves once they get big (among other reasons) plus I like Wicker, but On Tentacles was always the big highlight of playing her.

edit:Ok, I've played the Wicker world (day 70+, done apart from making an overly prepared bigbase etc) , and I'm happy because I like Wicker, but starting with recipes was more useful than any of her books ever were.

Bird book gets you faster azure feathers for magic machine if you're willing to burn a huge amount of sanity. HOWEVER, since you need the magic machine to make sleep book for bird farming (aka you don't have it yet), half of them run away before you can attack anyway; you almost may as well farm them normally without burning sanity via boomerang or disarmed blowdarts.

Farm book is OK, but between suburbs and pig shops, you can easily get boatloads of berries and farm foods as it is; food is not even remotely a problem, nor is getting good healing foods like farmstuffs. I've only considered using it for growing trees, but since I can Executive Hammer down Palace Town's pig houses for boards I never used it for that either. It would be godlike on nettles but from what I've heard it doesn't WORK on nettles.

Sleep Book is also OK, but the main thing I wanted to sleep was bat waves, and if you attack one bat they'll just all wake up. I thought maybe I could take 'em out one by one.. nah. Well, you can use it to run away more easily, but it's best to take care of them with stalking stick+hooking them on enemies since they'll just be there when you come back otherwise. There's no giants running after your base to sleep anymore, no mactusks to sleep for easy kills... the only thing that comes to mind is sleeping all the rooms of warrior mants before Queen Womant, which might be decent actually.

And lightning book, I never really knew a great use for that outside of charging WX in DST.

8 minutes ago, Tumalu said:

So that Wicker can still make her prime time book, On Tentacles.

I'm starting a Wicker world anyway because I want to try Sleepytime Stories on the bat waves once they get big (among other reasons) plus I like Wicker, but On Tentacles was always the big highlight of playing her.

I think devs are going to give her a special book for hamlet like they did with sw

On 12/12/2018 at 10:48 AM, Tumalu said:

A new book instead of tentacles would also be fun! Either/or!

I have a couple new ideas for Wickerbottom Books. First, there could be "Adventurer's Handbook". It would disarm all dart and plate traps in the Ruins room you used it in. Second, a book called "Applied Sericulture" (which means silk farming), which would turn all Rainforest Trees on screen into the Cocooned Trees that drop silk. I think both of these would be extremely useful. Of course, they would only be craftable in Hamlet...

My best idea for a Hamlet-Themed-Replacement of the Book 'On Tentacles' would be a Book ('On Snaptooths') which spawns Snaptooth Flytraps around you. They're much weaker than DS-Tentacles since they can't hide, (are burnable?) & don't do a double attack, but they spawn new Snaptooth Seedlings (Only if in jungle probably?). Flytrap Stalks would get a 3rd usage.

Having an Aporkalypse themed book could be nice too.

I like the idea of Adventurer's Handbook; it's just a convenience since disarming traps aren't expensive, but with how many buttons some rooms have and how easy it'd be to farm blowdarts with it, it sounds pretty worthwhile. The silk one sounds useful too.

I thought of a snaptooth summoner, but the thing is, you can actually "summon" snaptooths with anyone, granted it requires a lot of food. Hmmm... well, it'd make it a lot easier and much more viable to make your bat defense a snaptooth den. ...then again, the babies would follow you home... ugh, it'd probably just be annoying. XD

6 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

My best idea for a Hamlet-Themed-Replacement of the Book 'On Tentacles' would be a Book ('On Snaptooths') which spawns Snaptooth Flytraps around you. They're much weaker than DS-Tentacles since they can't hide, (are burnable?) & don't do a double attack, but they spawn new Snaptooth Seedlings (Only if in jungle probably?). Flytrap Stalks would get a 3rd usage.

Having an Aporkalypse themed book could be nice too.

what would the aporkalypse book do?

start aporkalypse?

Starting aporkalypse would be terrible since even if later there's a reason to do so, you'd still want to do it near the clock so you can turn it off after... (unless there's a more indepth reason I guess???)

I suppose you could have one that does something like summon ancient pig ghosts though. They're zetta slow and attack anything in range so you can kinda throw them at things?? Not really sure you'd care though, sounds meh. I'd say meteors like the herald, but that'd be a near-copy of volcanology.

I edited in a blurb in the OP now that I played a full world through as Wicker. Basically, her current books don't... do a -whole- lot for you in Hamlet. A little bit, but they're honestly less useful than just starting with known recipes. Going into detail in the OP.

On 12/12/2018 at 6:20 PM, Tumalu said:

It would be godlike on nettles but from what I've heard it doesn't WORK on nettles.

It does. Just make sure the nettles are wet when u read the book... it seems a lil buggy, and i had to read 3 times before getting them to be ready for harvesting, but.. it indeed works on nettles.

Huh, maybe it just grows them by like one day's worth? It's awesome to know it does work, though. That makes it vastly easier for a Wicker to get her first nettle harvest for Lush Season #1, or to mass farm nettles for healing item stock.

Archived