Share Your House Screenshots!

Duxe

I have only ever seen one screenshot on the forum for designs inside of player houses, namely:

Spoiler

5c0e41f59ef41_HamletHouseIdea.thumb.jpg.7d757159f198e334638235a0106fb993.jpg

I would really love to see more to get some ideas. I spent a bunch of time in a few of my games trying to come up with a good design until I just caved and went full console/creative mode to mess around with it and this is what I landed on (after far longer than I care to admit):

5c0e42c092276_HamletMyHouse.thumb.PNG.6ea53aed312edbe36ccfd203b70e9fcc.PNG

Hope to see some others on here!

29 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Did it have any effect at all?

if it keeps the plates permanently down so that the doors stay open, that could be really useful in the Herald’s ruins.

Yup, it keeps them open and the button won't react if you step on it. 

Tho unlike on the dart traps they won't give you any item

On 12/10/2018 at 6:43 PM, Duxe said:

5c0e42c092276_HamletMyHouse.thumb.PNG.6ea53aed312edbe36ccfd203b70e9fcc.PNG

What mod allows you to put craftables (chests, pot plants and other things) so close with each other like that?
I would want that as well your house is really beautiful!

Here's mine tho its just a humble house..
20181017225909_1.thumb.jpg.29f7eec0c77e1c275f24b600dadd47d6.jpg

16 minutes ago, Blonde0chaos said:

You used a ruin as a base that's so clever! I've  been trying to rush the start of the game and always felt that buying a house cost too much time. This a perfect solution.

I'd recommend you a cave base instead since the aporkalypse will spawn pig ghosts in the ruins

1 hour ago, Hx380 said:

I'd recommend you a cave base instead since the aporkalypse will spawn pig ghosts in the ruins

oh, my.  I've chosen ruins over caves because I can spend time exploring, but I haven't reached Aporkalypse yet.  

15 minutes ago, ucw said:

oh, my.  I've chosen ruins over caves because I can spend time exploring, but I haven't reached Aporkalypse yet.  

Ruins have the adventage of having more rooms, but they are more dangerous. 

I have yet to try basing in a mant hill tho i think it could be a suicide

8 hours ago, Naruchii said:

What mod allows you to put craftables (chests, pot plants and other things) so close with each other like that?
I would want that as well your house is really beautiful!

Here's mine tho its just a humble house...

Spoiler

20181017225909_1.thumb.jpg.29f7eec0c77e1c275f24b600dadd47d6.jpg

I only have the geometric mod and combined status, chests can be placed that close regularly without mods (at least I'm fairly sure) since neither of those affect proximity placement, I just use the geometric placement mod to cure my OCD + neatness. Also thank you very much for the compliment. I totally forgot you can place tents into the house and for some reason I always think only one shelf can be placed, so I like the utility of your design, it kind of reminds me of a storage bunker, that would be a really cool design concept if you went full out on it. You just need some lights in there to brighten it up and some more items placed for decoration/function and then you'll be right on par with mine! Highly recommend geometric placement mod though!

2 hours ago, Hx380 said:

Ruins have the adventage of having more rooms, but they are more dangerous. 

I have yet to try basing in a mant hill tho i think it could be a suicide

I think caves, particularly the Roc Cave, are a better a choice, however its location isn't always convenient. 

I'm pretty sure Grubs can spawn in any mant hill room, so they might be annoying, but otherwise if you clear a room I'm fairly sure no more mants spawn on that map, so it could work, just have to take care when entering and leaving the hill and maybe avoiding the aporkalypse...

7 hours ago, Duxe said:

I only have the geometric mod and combined status, chests can be placed that close regularly without mods (at least I'm fairly sure) since neither of those affect proximity placement, I just use the geometric placement mod to cure my OCD + neatness. Also thank you very much for the compliment. I totally forgot you can place tents into the house and for some reason I always think only one shelf can be placed, so I like the utility of your design, it kind of reminds me of a storage bunker, that would be a really cool design concept if you went full out on it. You just need some lights in there to brighten it up and some more items placed for decoration/function and then you'll be right on par with mine! Highly recommend geometric placement mod though!

ah I see! thank you very much I shall try it!
its because all this time I try to make things tidy and close to each other but it won't let me so I thought it was defaulted that way..

9 hours ago, Blonde0chaos said:

See I used to but after the last update it won't let me. I assumed they removed that feature, are you still supposed to have that option?

You can, but it is harder now since the Mayor won't simply fall asleep. This gives you two options: either make him sleep somehow (panflute, sleeping darts, etc), or kill him. When I want to rush a start, I just farm 10 oincs, purchase 1x Security Contract, bribe the nearest pig gard and bring him inside to help me kill the mayor + the guards that come in to his rescue. You end up with your house, some pig skin and a couple halberds.

8 hours ago, Banana Pimp said:

You can, but it is harder now since the Mayor won't simply fall asleep. This gives you two options: either make him sleep somehow (panflute, sleeping darts, etc), or kill him. When I want to rush a start, I just farm 10 oincs, purchase 1x Security Contract, bribe the nearest pig gard and bring him inside to help me kill the mayor + the guards that come in to his rescue. You end up with your house, some pig skin and a couple halberds.

I'll have to try that on my next game. I got a bit of tunnel vision trying to collect eggs for gun powder and started making simple mistakes.

Archived