Moving base to Herald Island?

I'm think that if you want to avoid the aporkalypse, this might be the only way to go. The Herald's island is nearly the size of the first island, and it has all the biomes except for the pig city. But once you get the key to the city and knock down the other cities for resources to build your own city there, you'd have almost everything you need except easy access to the Pugalisk Island and Roc's caves. Maybe that would be easier than running through a poison jungle to get to one set of ruins to get to an island, running through the jungle on that island, and then going through *another set* of ruins to turn back the clock?

6 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I'm think that if you want to avoid the aporkalypse, this might be the only way to go. The Herald's island is nearly the size of the first island, and it has all the biomes except for the pig city. But once you get the key to the city and knock down the other cities for resources to build your own city there, you'd have almost everything you need except easy access to the Pugalisk Island and Roc's caves. Maybe that would be easier than running through a poison jungle to get to one set of ruins to get to an island, running through the jungle on that island, and then going through *another set* of ruins to turn back the clock?

I agree for the move, it will take time for the round trips to take his business in the second Slanty Shanty.

2 hours ago, magia said:

If it were possible to use telelocator staff and telelocator focus in HM, you could just place the focus focus near the clock to travel there when it starts. And spend rest of the time gathering purple gems.

They do work, but only outside.

Spoiler

And there's a Well that converts Nightmare Fuel to 3 Purple games in the same temple as the clock.

59 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

They do work, but only outside.

Hide contents

And there's a Well that converts Nightmare Fuel to 3 Purple games in the same temple as the clock.

I believe it is either 1 or 3. Sometimes I get 1, and sometimes 3. Also, the Wiki states that is is 1 OR 3.

1 hour ago, Tumalu said:

How often do you need to reset the clock, anyway?

I don’t know. I haven’t even found it yet in any of my runs. The wiki says every few days, but who knows what that means?  But the question with DS bases is always: What can’t be moved and how often do you need to visit it? Add to that the consequences of blowing it, like the meteor shower if you don’t feed the altar of snackrifice in SW. it seems like the aporkalypse is severe enough that a lot of people are thinking that once it starts they’re pretty much toast. That could change, but if not getting to it in time means you will lose the whole run, then why not base near the clock? Or at least close enough that it doesn’t take you a couple of game days to get there, especially if it’s in the jungle during the humid season. If the island has everything you need that can’t be moved, that is.

15 hours ago, Tumalu said:

Because of that converter for easy purple gems, a telelocator focus is actually pretty effective... you can still craft that in hamlet, right? (legitimately unsure)

Every 61 days at most I'd assume?

21 hours ago, magia said:

If it were possible to use telelocator staff and telelocator focus in HM, you could just place the focus focus near the clock to travel there when it starts. And spend rest of the time gathering purple gems.

you stole my idea and its really easy since you can give nightmare fuel to the ends well for purple gems so you can do it easily 

Is it possible to just leave the clock running and just NOT stop the Aporkalypse?

I know its possible to just leave it of course, but I mean would it be virtually impossible to continue playing without turning back that clock? Are the changes that happen under this event too harsh to actually survive ongoing waves of bats/whatever without turning it back?

I wanted to do a run just to see how long I could ultimately last during this event, as I REALLY don't want to have to pick a specific part of the map to live in just to make it to that calendar over and over like the OP says. Anyone else tried to just keep it going? Or is it just too tough or a pain to ignore?

Just now, BadlyBurned said:

Is it possible to just leave the clock running and just NOT stop the Aporkalypse?

I know its possible to just leave it of course, but I mean would it be virtually impossible to continue playing without turning back that clock? Are the changes that happen under this event too harsh to actually survive ongoing waves of bats/whatever without turning it back?

I wanted to do a run just to see how long I could ultimately last during this event, as I REALLY don't want to have to pick a specific part of the map to live in just to make it to that calendar over and over like the OP says. Anyone else tried to just keep it going? Or is it just too tough or a pain to ignore?

You be the judge. From what I've seen, there are Bat waves with 10 Bats per wave EVERY DAY. Sanity constantly drains, Mants become very dangerous, Pogs attack you, and all Pig Shops are closed.

5 minutes ago, BadlyBurned said:

heres everything that changes according to the wiki

Spoiler

There will no longer be any day or dusk periods, only night, meaning sanity will constantly drain.

The environment changes drastically.

The moon icon that shows the player the phase of the moon will be constant, showing a reddish moon.

All Flowers turn into Evil Flowers.

Seasonal effects will cease to occur, such as Hay Fever and Fog. In addition, rain is much less common.

The BFB will not spawn during this time, and if summoned, will land and take off immediately.

The player will be unable to see the shadows that Vampire Bats and BFB form before they spawn. However, they will be able to see their model and other models darken as the BFB's shadow flies above them.

Woodie will become a Werebeaver at the start of every 'day'.

All shops become locked, as per usual for nighttime. However, Royal Guards will no longer patrol, and will stay inside at all times. They can be knocked out of their house by a hammer, but the Worker Pigs will not repair any damaged structure.

Lamp Posts are perpetually on, but the Lamps found in the Mant Hill will no longer emit light.

Many creatures have their behaviors changed. All creatures that can sleep at night will do so until attacked, and creatures asleep during the day will be awake constantly.

All Mants hatch into Mant Warriors. The new Mant Warriors now glow, emitting a very dim light that spreads across a large distance. Any new Mants spawned by the Antcomb Home automatically turn into Mant Warriors.

Pogs will now attack the player and any creature on sight.

Pikos and Orange Pikos turn rabid.

Iron Hulks are perpetually activated, and do not deactivate.

Vampire Bat attacks become much more common and much more severe, happening nearly every day. The amount of bats that spawns is greatly increased. It is common to find upwards of 10 Vampire Bats in an attack during the Aporkalypse on Day 1.

Thunderbirds will launch 10 Lightning Bolts instead of 3.

Elder Mandrakes become neutral, their facial expression changes from a frown to a smile, and they can be befriended with raw Vegetables.

Anywhere from 2-5 Ancient Spirits spawn in every room of every Ancient Pig Ruins. If all ghosts in the room are killed, new ghosts will spawn when the player returns to the room.

The boss monster Ancient Herald spawns shortly after the Aporkalypse begins. If killed, it will respawn in a short time. It currently does not drop any loot.

you be the judge 

but something I wonder is you can but items on the buttons to reverse the Aporkalypse but its closes the door making it so you can't leave what if you put a item on the calendar reverse then die? then respawn at your base will it never start or just bug out 

2 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

You be the judge. From what I've seen, there are Bat waves with 10 Bats per wave EVERY DAY. Sanity constantly drains, Mants become very dangerous, Pogs attack you, and all Pig Shops are closed.

Ya, I know.. I've played it. (pure hell)

The issue is that I'm not really good at this game. I was asking everyone for their opinions cause if its possible for a more pro player to survive and make it work, it'd give me something to work towards getting better at. Right now, there is no way in Sunny Jesus that I could last more than a week. Everything wants my skin and blood and bones and teeth.

1 minute ago, BadlyBurned said:

Ya, I know.. I've played it. (pure hell)

The issue is that I'm not really good at this game. I was asking everyone for their opinions cause if its possible for a more pro player to survive and make it work, it'd give me something to work towards getting better at. Right now, there is no way in Sunny Jesus that I could last more than a week. Everything wants my skin and blood and bones and teeth.

at this point no even if you try hiding in a little house its impossible as the herald will spawn in that house destroying everything there are no safe places and you will eventually die you need to reverse the calendar its just to dangerous theres not enough food and heralds will spawn in the only safe places you have

17 hours ago, Tumalu said:

Because of that converter for easy purple gems, a telelocator focus is actually pretty effective... you can still craft that in hamlet, right? (legitimately unsure)

depends on how far you push the Aporkalypse back 

2 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

at this point no even if you try hiding in a little house its impossible as the herald will spawn in that house destroying everything there are no safe places and you will eventually die you need to reverse the calendar its just to dangerous theres not enough food and heralds will spawn in the only safe places you have

Dang... I'm going to have to see for myself I guess. Wish me luck. I want all my property buried with me when I die.

1 hour ago, Computer-7 said:

why are you having trouble reversing the clock or something? 

No.. I just prefer survival games over games that last forever. My main concern with the other don't starves is I get to place where I really feel nothing can hurt me anymore and I lose interest and turn off the game for a while.

This Apok thing will give me a goal to see how long I can last without turning back the clock, and try to beat that time in other games. Thats why I was curious if others found a simple way to survive after day 60 without turning back the clock.

Archived