Need selection of filtration medium

Since sand is useful for glass making and regolith is plenty later, it would be hugely desirable to be able to select the filtration medium used. At the moment, I just lock away all my sand, but that is both imperfect and annoying to do.

You're right.

But also remember that you can make more sands from surplus of raw material like sedimentary rocks. ;)

Also, I'm not sure about that, but in my base, I think that duplicants automaticaly switch to regolith to provide filtration medium, while supplying sands to the glass forge.

+1

Well, for the deodorizers and sieves, they should allow us to choose the filtration medium to be used.

The selection window would be similar to that of planter boxes and farm tiles.

That makes resource management on filtration medium easier.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:38 AM, Coolthulhu said:

You won't use up all your sand, stop worrying.

Seriously, there is no way you will run out of it unless you go out of your way to do it.

I let the game run unattended. Just lost 30t of sand in a few hours because I forgot to lock it away. So yes, I _am_ going to run out of sand.

On 12/6/2018 at 3:38 AM, Coolthulhu said:

You won't use up all your sand, stop worrying.

Seriously, there is no way you will run out of it unless you go out of your way to do it.

I've run out of sand by feeding it all to my hatches after accidentally clicking it on the feeder.

Archived