• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Industrial Resolution [discontinued] 3.1

11 Screenshots

About This File

ir_big.jpgThis mod introduces electricity and machinery to Don't Starve

Do you want to fight Maxwell?

Do you want to show the shadows who's boss?

No revolution is complete without Coal and Electricity!

If you agree with the above point, then this mod is like made for you. It introduces electricity and machinery to Don't Starve, without (wanting to) ignore its amazing feel of uncertainity and artistic developement.

Modules

paragraph.png

Unlike most mods, this one is split up into several modules. As such, you can install the parts you want and don't need the rest! Furthermore, updating is easier. And of course this allows for third-party modules, the Treeslacoil by @Corrosive for instance.

The following official modules are currently available:

• BASE brings electricity itself. This is the core mod, you need to install it.
  • CRAFTWORKS allows advanced crafting. Being cheaper, but more complicated, this mod is ideal for whoever is concerned about resource management.
  • UTILITY is tool- and survival-orientated. It offers electric alternatives for most basic elements needed to stay alive.
  • MILITARY brings weapons, armour and miscellanious combat entities. This is what you want if you came here thinking of laser guns, power fists and electric fence.
  • Robotics is not functional. Use at your sole discretion.

Documentation

paragraph.png

If you install and enable Tomes of Knowledge, you can find or craft an in-game guide. It magically scientifically expands with updates. It should give you the idea, and is highly recommended. For more detailed information, read the changelogs or the source code.

The old documentation thread is here. You might enjoy reading this story as well.

Compatibility

paragraph.png

All modules are compatible with DS base and DS RoG. They are also compatible with ShipWrecked, though some things might not work, as this is not a high priority. DST support is possible in future but unlike as it stands.

Industrial Resolution includes minor World Generation stuff and edits some game objects. In general, it should be 100% compatible with any other mod. If you notice problems in this regard, please do not hesitate to inform me!

This modpack supports the following mods:

If you want to see more cross-mod, tell me please!

Credits

paragraph.png

I want to thank the following people for helping in the creation of Industrial Resolution:

@Folthan for drawing the LED and giving me that software ;)

@NoobModder for drawing several IRM objects

@Estel for praise and feedback

@Mikeloeven for telling me to just do it and giving me that other software ;)

All users who suggested content or changes for their interest

You for reading all of this and being (presumably) awesome

GIF1.gif

What's New in Version 3.1   See changelog

Released

Added IR for DST WIP, feel free to work off it.

• Like 11

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Apparently this file is now featured. Horray! Free champagne taser guns for everyone!

(when they're done)

• Like 2

I'm unable to download, its saying "virus scan failed" I can download other mods, but i was really interested in this one, do you know if there's any way around this? thank you!

@up - sure - change your antivirus, or even better, switch to more sane operating system, that doesn't require one ;)

Personally, I can ensure you that there is no virus on above mod (Unless viral playing of Don't Starve is considered).

• Like 1

Are the various modules meant to be used together?

You need to install BASE, but everything else is up to you.

• Like 1

Rather excited about this mod, I'm following the storyline and will be re-reading it as more is added, to get a better idea as to how it all works as it comes together nicely. I think I will wait for the finished product before downloading though, as people seem quite confused about how it works. But from what I have seen and read, I think your doing an excellent job of this Mobbstar :)

• Like 1

rebeccawinters2012 - the "product" is already finished and fully playable. Any further additions are enhancements rather than fixes, and using it is very easy (you get full instructions via book on game start, if using tomes of knowledge too).

Highly recommending! It is 1st mod in my personal all times favorites, as of now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wiggins said:

I can not see the pictures what‘s that

what can do 

It's an issue with the website, all files are lacking pictures. If you want to, you can view them on the Steam Workshop for the time being.

I'm having trouble getting the mod to work. I've got Don't Starve with Reign of Giants, via Gog. Other the only other mod I'm using is "Where is my beefalo?" and that one works fine, but everytime I try to apply the base folder for this mod it crashes saying that "IRB/modmain.lua:66: variable 'CAPY_DLC' is not declared". Is there any way to solve this? I checked the forums and searched through google, but to no avail so far.

Thanks for the quick answer.

I re-downloaded the latest version (2.8.0.18)  from Gog, but the result is still the same.

Any other ideas?