Industrial Resolution - Content Documentation

Mobbstar

People frequently requested more documentation on [this] group of mods, and I think with the new update it's a good time to explain the new and the old systems.

Updated for 2.5!

Modules:

IRB

IRC

IRU

IRM

IR Base

This is the core mod. You need this installed and enabled, else nothing will work.

Electricity works like the following (not really, just in this mod): When two electric machines are nearby, they can transfer charge back and forth. The range on that is the same as two ground turfs (two tiles with the pitch fork). Chains of machines are called networks.

IRB introduces a plugin for [Hack The Planet].

Electricity for Dummies

This book appear when generating a new world with [Tomes of Knowledge] enabled. It's a good read!

Silver

This metal is found in caves galore, and a bit in RoG deserts. It makes great tools and great wire. Use it for machines of all kinds!

Coal

Coal drops from Krampus and boulders. It can be made into charcoal. It burns well.

Sand and Glass

Fine sand can be crafted or found when mining. It's pretty useless though, unless you smelt it somehow. But the resulting glass is also rather useless.

Upgrades

Some machines have a blue upgrade slot. You can craft three chips to put in there:

Power: Makes the machine more powerful or fun in some way, but this can come at a cost of electricity or other fuel types.

Efficiency: This upgrade usually just reduces energy useage or shuts the machine off when it's not needed.

Void: This upgrade puts the machine on a seperate network that does not require connection.

Lightning Rod

The rod now charges from lightning. Tapping that charge removes the light though. Other than that, it's a plain electricity structure, just like...

Conduct-Joint

This cheap-ish thing doesn't do anything but act as a connection between two electric machines. There are variations of this device, namely the more expensive (and probably safer) Conduct-Joint+ and the Conduct-Switch.

Coalbustion Boiler

This structure generates electric charge from all kinds of coal, and that over time. There used to be a bug causing insane delay before new coal could be burned, it's down to a few seconds now. It can be upgraded:

Power: Produces charge much more quickly, but less charge overall

Efficiency: Produces charge slower, but slightly more

Watt Vats

These peculiar spherical batteries can store large amounts of charge and display that charge in a number, other than that they act like plain electricity structures. There are different versions, scaling in capacity exponentially.

Also, they burn in RoG, so be careful!

Accumulator (prev. "rechargable battery")

This item can be charged in the Inductorgan. It is required for held devices.

Inductorgan

Whilst its main task it to charge any handheld electric device and battery put onto it, it also produces great synthetic music.

Ice Flingomatic

This device from RoG can now be charged electrically, and transmits charge like any electric structure.

Volttool

This thing is glitchy, uncraftable and solely shows where charge is sent from, used at, going to and produced at. DebugSpawn it if you really need it.

IR Craftworks

This module has rather little content. It introduces cross-mod support for [steam Biome], and three machines of great potential and greater riddles:

Elecutmill

This funny looking device is basically three axes forcefully trying to ram through the 4 - 6 ingredients given to it. It can be used to make formerly limited resources, and to use limited resources better. The full recipe list can be found in the mod itself, but there is also a list of hints for those who want to take the challenge.

Hints for products

• wood
  • bricks
  • butchers job
  • angular wheels (with many teeth)
  • copper and plastic are soo outdated for these
  • charred ash

Before I forget, this thing also burns in RoG.

Compressurizer

The crafting process is similiar to the Elecutmill, but the recipes are different. It can be used to simulate the high pressures found deep underground. Got that? A presser, not a crusher. Again, the two lists in the mod folder contain the recipes, hinted or full.

Hints for products

• organic humus
  • saltpeter is based on subterrain byproducts
  • nightmare juice
  • the shiny sum of its six pieces
  • the dark shiny pieces of their sum
  • buy your colours combined
  • metal plates (if used with Mr. Hashings Steam Biome mod)

Voltaikiln

It's rather simple: Put something cookable in and it cooks it. It also treatens some items specially, and yes the list has that. Use it under supervision though, or it can burn your loot.

Hints for products

• cooked food
  • ashes
  • charcoal
  • the life in logs
  • even more vegetarian meat
  • good for bottle manufacturers

IR Utility

This module introduces all kinds of bells and whistles you need to survive, all electric of course.

LED on a Stick

This item is the electric counterpart to the mining lantern. It cannot be charged directly by the Inductorgan. Give it an accumulator!

LED static Socket

This pedestal can hold the LED on a Stick and powers it directly from the power network. It is also upgradable:

Power: colours!

Efficient: No light during day

Bird Call-o-matic

This calls a bird to the location you chose. It is upgradable!

Power: Crazy birds are far more likely. Requires a full accumulator.

Efficient: Crazy birds are unlikely, reduces battery useage a lot.

Void doesn't work for this tool.

Tesla Taser

(moved to Military)

Amperadiator

This simple device produces heat with charge. It uses power constantly.

Electric Fan

It uses electricity to combat fire and prevent RoG overheating.

IR Military

Power Fist

This item requires an accumulator, but consumes little electricity and lets you deal twice the damage a spear does! The only drawback is that hitting takes longer, potentially breaking some kiting strategies with certain creatures.

Auto-Defibrillator

This peculiar piece of "armour" can be supplied with two full accumulators. Then it is capable of reviving you on the spot in case of death! Considering how weak it is, it might sound useless. But trust me when I say it saved me during play-testing before.

Taser Rod

If you have a good amount of resources and electricity, consider getting a taser rod. This fancy staff can be swung at enemies when its accumulator is fully charged. The resulting discharge deals damage similiar to an explosion, sets the area on fire and causes chain lightning!

Coulomb Bomb

This tripwire kit is found under the Combat tab, because it does not require accumulators to detonate nearby explosives. If you decide to give it a rather full accumulator, it will try to uncharge one, damaging the entity that triggered the wire and all creatures nearby.

Tesla Taser

This taunting device uses electricity constantly and hurts anything that comes near it. It can be upgraded (if it's off). They recharge very quickly compared to other devices.

Turret

What may look like a TV antenna reveals itself to be a turret firing stunning beamspam of electrical charges! This structure is very expensive, costing two taser rods. It functions a lot like its magical eyeball counterpart, with a few differences:

• Rapid fire
  • Less Damage/Second
  • Less health and no regeneration
  • Can be repaired using metal or wire
  • Doesn't disappear when killed

The majority clearly wants electronic tallbirds and stuff. I shall work on that.

I worked on that. As it turns out, I am not good at working on stuff, so it took a bit longer to get something presentable working. Anyways, here's some teasers:

post-390644-0-41300600-1428055068_thumb.

post-390644-0-38619400-1428055083_thumb.

post-390644-0-80745300-1428055095_thumb.

post-390644-0-22982100-1428055111_thumb.

post-390644-0-64999700-1428055126_thumb.

post-390644-0-20450000-1428055137_thumb.

post-390644-0-14959800-1428055147_thumb.

post-390644-0-14280600-1428055160_thumb.

post-390644-0-01812500-1428055174_thumb.

post-390644-0-38505700-1428055183_thumb.

As mentioned in the teasers, I need an (or more) artist to draw me some robot parts (e.g. hydraulics compenstator, laser pointer, plain metal body). Any help would be appreciated, and of course mentioned to anybody downloading the mod when it's done. And some testers would possibly be good too.

Would someone help me understand the purposes of the Compressurizer and Electumill?  The page hints that maybe they are tied to the Steam Biome Mode and can allow users to do more with less.  However, I am still struggling to understand what it is for exactly.  

This also mentions recipes being listed somewhere in the mod but I'm not sure what that means exactly.  

Anyway, I really like the concepts around this mod and finally figured out how to properly create and store electricity but am having a hard time finding a purpose for what I could use it for.  Thanks all!

Would someone help me understand the purposes of the Compressurizer and Electumill?  The page hints that maybe they are tied to the Steam Biome Mode and can allow users to do more with less.  However, I am still struggling to understand what it is for exactly.  

This also mentions recipes being listed somewhere in the mod but I'm not sure what that means exactly.  

Anyway, I really like the concepts around this mod and finally figured out how to properly create and store electricity but am having a hard time finding a purpose for what I could use it for.  Thanks all!

Well, those devices are part of Craftworks and have a Craft button, so I suggest you throw a bit of rock or wood or food or idk in there and try it out. Since the Elecutmill is easier to make, it probably has the more basic usage, whereas the Compressurizer may feature more advanced, but less mandatory outcomes.

The hint file (and the technical-complicated full-recipe file) can be found directly in the mods folder (if you subscribed on Steam, that folder is called workshop-[some numbers]). I added the hints, but not the full recipes, to this page for convenience. I may add it to the Workshop as well.

Also: Yeay! Learning curve :razz:

The "only" uses (so far, robots to come) for electricity are the devices from Craftworks and Utility (unless you're WX-78 ;))

Thank you for the feedback!

You are very welcome.  

Thank you for the response and help in understanding some of the purposes for these great inventions.  Really been fun playing around with all of the structures and items and seeing how they work and how I may make use of them.  

As mentioned in the teasers, I need an (or more) artist to draw me some robot parts (e.g. hydraulics compenstator, laser pointer, plain metal body). Any help would be appreciated, and of course mentioned to anybody downloading the mod when it's done. And some testers would possibly be good too.

Is anybody up for any help at all regarding that? I don't care if I have to code or animate you a bit of stuff or sth alike.

It's just... my computer "art" is horrible, and so is my scanner, and my hand isn't much better anyways. The only thing missing for an beta release of IRR is texture... Oh well, may release anyways.

NEeeeeeeEEEEEeeecrrrooooooOOOOoooo!

:wilson_smile:

Update 2.0 is out now!

post-390644-0-33829800-1432631428.jpg

changelog:

• Oh boy, here we go!
  • --GENERAL
  • -modules now check for IR Base before doing stuff
  • -many things now use WX-78's zap sound
  • -general optimizations and bug fixes
  • -probably some minor stuff I forgot
  • -cool new logo. It's fancy, ain't it?
  • --UPDATED IRB
  • -added a guide book
  • this book only spawns when the world gets created
  • it's really basic actually and no better than the thread linked above
  • -added silver
  • silver spawns in caves and RoG deserts
  • silver drops from rock lobsters
  • silver makes tools with a hidden property
  • silver can be made into wire
  • -added coal
  • coal drops from boulders
  • coal drops from Krampus
  • coal can be made into charcoal
  • -added fine sand (quartzsand)
  • drops from silver boulders
  • can be made from rocks
  • can be smelted to make glass
  • sand and glass are both kinda useless
  • -added third watt vat
  • watt vat tiers scale somewhat exponentially
  • -moved accumulator (rechargable battery) from IR Utility to IR Base
  • -ice flingon no longer fills instantly when supplied with charge
  • -improved electric charges over time
  • -watt vats are now burnable in RoG
  • -containers that can take upgrades now behave better
  • -basic conduct-joint is far less inefficient now
  • --UPDATED IR UTILITY
  • -removed accumulator (as said above)
  • -added electric fan
  • the fan slows fire down and prevents RoG summer heat death
  • -added bird call-o-matic
  • calls all kinds of birds
  • can be upgraded to be useful for farming or straight-up crazy
  • -ledstick is slightly improved now
  • --UPDATED IR CRAFTWORKS
  • -elecutmill is burnable in RoG
  • -improved ratios and flexibility of recipes (in your favour)

hey Mobbstar ,thx For the amazing mod,just one issue for me , the craft botten in the cut mill is greyed out no metter whjat i through in,i even whent and checked the receipe file (was desperate to make it work )and nothing even with the proper receipes and materials.

i think i screwed up something ?

hey Mobbstar ,thx For the amazing mod,just one issue for me , the craft botten in the cut mill is greyed out no metter whjat i through in,i even whent and checked the receipe file (was desperate to make it work )and nothing even with the proper receipes and materials.

i think i screwed up something ?

This is trivial, but do you have power? I think the cut mill takes as much power as an entire piece of coal makes in the coal boiler.

yep i ve putten 20 coal ,i have also 2 flingomatic and a bunch of joints , and i just noticed also the indoctogram charges my accumulator to 2% hardly. so maybe as you said a power probleme ?

What kind of conduct-joints (and how many) are you using? The basic ones have a slight power inefficiency (which I had to reduce once already).

i am using 5 normal joints  2  joints++  1 switch 2 boilers 1 indoctorgan 1 cutmill 2 flingo  1tesla (that didn't do much to enemies xD) 1 socket 1voiltakilin 1 amperad , i figured the indocto and charged 2 batteries  ,the voiltakilin is working ,the amperadiator isn't working ,since i am freezing my circuits(playin WX) . thats about it. but i think it s me who is doing something wrong

oh and i have a Vat v3 that seem to always be empty :p

i am using 5 normal joints  2  joints++  1 switch 2 boilers 1 indoctorgan 1 cutmill 2 flingo  1tesla (that didn't do much to enemies xD) 1 socket 1voiltakilin 1 amperad , i figured the indocto and charged 2 batteries  ,the voiltakilin is working ,the amperadiator isn't working ,since i am freezing my circuits(playin WX) . thats about it. but i think it s me who is doing something wrong

oh and i have a Vat v3 that seem to always be empty :razz:

Clearly a power shortage. I noticed a massive bug in the way conduct-joints calculate energy loss, making longer chains (even just 5 basic ones) insanely wasteful. I'll release a fix very soon!

@Mobbstar,

Man... I noticed that occuring when I was developing the Treeslacoil + Magnechest mod.  At first I thought my devices were draining more energy than they should have.  Spent forever scratching my head about that one until I realized it wasn't on my end, hah.

It felt so sporadic so I wasn't able to replicate it reliably.

Mobbstar, I could help with your artwork, if you need me to. Sadly, I cannot find out how to export animation from spriter, but since you are experienced I could just send you the folder through a download if I need to. Thank you for this awesome mod,

-Noobmodder(DO NOT BE FOOLED BY MY NAME!!!)

Cool, thank you for the interest.

Just to clarify, I solely need textures (images) that fit the DS artstyle (to an acceptable degree), as my art is... saddening. I can do animations and coding on my own. I only need textures that don't break the visual appearance of the game (as in, a bit sketchy, no obvious photoshop, etc).

I sent you a personal message.

Updated IRM!

Fixed defibrillation armour not dropping its accumulators when breaking.

Oh, and fixed a crash bug that occurs due to (you guessed it) a file not even used.

That crash would occur when not using IRU, so most of you didn't notice (I assume). So much about modular structure of this mod.

Archived