[mod] Treeslacoil

"Harness the power of the gods to mildly increase productivity"

vQ1u29a.jpg

I wasn't really going to release this, but someone requested it so here it is.  It was designed to be used in conjunction with Mobbstar's Industrial Resolution mod, but it should also work without it.

Adds two structures to the game: Magnechest and Treeslacoil.

Treeslacoil:  After charging up enough electricity, chops fully grown trees in a radius by summoning precise lightning strikes.

Magnechest: When it detects loose matter that has been struck by a treeslacoil, it activates, pulling the objects to itself, then grabs 'em.

------

The concept behind them is that when a red or blue gem is exposed to an electrical current, they impart a lasting property on the electrical current.  Any object it flows through* becomes "magetically" charged, and will then be attracted toward any other object imparted with the opposite charge. Treeslacoils require a red gem to craft, and magnechests require a blue.

*Please ignore the fact that electricity itself moves very slowly ;)  It's half magic, after all.

This was the second mod I'd ever made, so I wouldn't consider it to be a case study on quality coding practices ;)

I should also mention that in the process of cleaning it up to post, I changed a few things that I didn't have time to fully test.  If you encounter any errors, I'll try to get 'em fixed as soon as I can, but I'll be away for most the weekend.

treeslacoil.zip

Archived