• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

2 Screenshots

About This File

Adds a minimap to the HUD.

On Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188251898

• The minimap is fully functional; it can be zoomed using the zoom map binds (defaulted to the mousewheel) and can be panned by clicking and dragging.
  • The minimap can be collapsed by hovering over it and clicking the "Close Minimap" button
  • The zoom levels of the minimap and the map screen are both saved and are independent of eachother

FAQ

Q: Is it possible to change the shape of the minimap?

A: As far as I know, no, it is not possible.

What's New in Version 1.0.7   See changelog

Released

Synced with latest workshop version

• Marked as Shipwrecked compatible
  • Disable minimap updating when the minimap window is closed (thanks AlfonZ42)
  • Add config options for minimap update throttling (thanks AlfonZ42)
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This Mod needs a Hotkey for it to be more awesomely useful. Lets say "M" as default.

• Like 15
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Ninja 1
  • Health 1
  • Hunger 1

Forget the hotkey, let's talk about actual USEABILITY. On 1024X768 you are unable to zoom in enough on the mini map to see any details, the entirety of the mini-map is too small to offer any navigational help, and what is the point of the transparency when this is suppose to be a "look over here quickly to get your bearings" thing, yet you have to mouse-over the mini-map to be able to do so (which makes it very difficult to do in a fight).

Fixes need:

#1.) Increase the amount that someone can zoom in

#2.) If you can't add re-size handles, then just make it maybe 1/2 times bigger.

#3.) It should be square, not rectangular.

#4.) Get rid of the transparency, it's not like you can actually look through it with the transparency you have for it.

• Like 5
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

Forget the hotkey, let's talk about actual USEABILITY. On 1024X768 you are unable to zoom in enough on the mini map to see any details, the entirety of the mini-map is too small to offer any navigational help, and what is the point of the transparency when this is suppose to be a "look over here quickly to get your bearings" thing, yet you have to mouse-over the mini-map to be able to do so (which makes it very difficult to do in a fight).

Fixes need:

#1.) Increase the amount that someone can zoom in

#2.) If you can't add re-size handles, then just make it maybe 1/2 times bigger.

#3.) It should be square, not rectangular.

#4.) Get rid of the transparency, it's not like you can actually look through it with the transparency you have for it.

#1: Not possible. Max zoom level is hardcoded (actual value of max zoom is 0; as you zoom out that value increases, as you zoom in decreases but will never go below 0), nothing I can do about that. It does seem to scale on its own depending on resolution, though. Zoom level 0 is much more zoomed out on 1920x1080 than it is on 1024x768.

#2: Whoops, turns out the method I used to scale the map is resolution dependent (the initial size of the map texture depends on the resolution). Will upload a fix for this soon.

#3: Not possible. The minimap texture is hardcoded (GetWorld().minimap.MiniMap:GetTextureHandle() and then ImageWidget:SetTextureHandle(), both are C++ functions) and as far as I'm aware it's not possible to manipulate it's dimensions without simply stretching it. I'll ask if there is a way to crop/hide parts of a texture, though.

#4: I'll think about this. From my testing, it seemed like the transparency only really shows up on unrevealed parts of the map, and doesn't make much of a difference when everything is revealed. I'll be adding better configuration options soon, though, and this will be one of those options. EDIT: Decreased the transparency a bit in the version I just uploaded.

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 1

Wouldn't it be better to remove the map and arrow icons in the bottom right and put the minimap there?

• Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

Wouldn't it be better to remove the map and arrow icons in the bottom right and put the minimap there?

What he/she/it said.

I think adding a way to add waypoints is a good idea. Generally I can find my way using the map, but waypoints would definitely help.

• Like 2

I don't know how to install mods. I can't figure it out on my own, and can't find tutorials anywhere. I've been looking for hours. Someone help please.

• Like 1

i dunno if this is necropost but, to those who isnt good at mapping their way in the world(much like i do) simple add signs... adding the writtable signs mod helps alot. also is it possible to change the location of the minima? like lower right near the HUDS(i need a work around for the cave backpack mods being obscured by the minimap. also i want it above the HUD specially RPG HUD 45 neat)

What he/she/it said.

What they said. The current location is like a punch in the eye. Original minimap-icon on the bottom right is perfect place.

Actually I just found that moving the minimap window or resizing it (gaining better zoom in the process) is sooo easy:

the setting is in the file modmain.lua at the very beginning.

I have found these settings the most useful

1. Upper-left + bigger for better zoom

local mapscale = 0.31
local x_pos = -930
local y_pos = -10

2. Very bottom-right corner:

local mapscale = 0.195
local x_pos = -0
local y_pos = -645

Results may vary with resolutions other than 1920x1080 but you get the point and may experiment yourself.

• Like 2

Now that we are able to zoom in on the minimap, is there a way to further increase the zoom?

Great update. I like being able to switch areas of the map without going into the modmain.lua. I changed the location of map to the lower right and loved it. Then I earned myself a Krampus Sack, so I had to switch it to lower left. Took me about an hour to get it just right. Make a change, start the game, check the location, save & quit and repeat until I got it just right. No more of that! Thanks again.