Bush Hat almost unobtainable from Juicy Berry Bush worlds

Something I noticed as I started thinking about the best resource variants to spawn with, I realized that Juicy Berry Bush worlds have a crippling weakness, in the fact that you have almost no chance of obtaining a Bush Hat. The only way to obtain the item is by either getting lucky with fallen survivor loot, or getting lucky with caves and their chance of spawning the other type of Berry Bush.

Now, you may be asking "So what? What the hell does a Bush Hat even do?"

Basically, the thing puts you in cover, and anything that could potentially gain aggro on you won't aggro on you as long as you're covered with it. This makes Hound Waves so much easier to deal with if you have something tanky nearby, like a Beefalo herd or a couple Treeguards. Snurtle Shells do the same thing, sure, but it's a pain in the ass (pardon my language) to try and get.

My idea, basically, is to be able to make a Juicy Berry Bush variant of a Bush Hat. You could even make the characters look like they have dreds, since that would somewhat follow the afro look of the Bush Hat.

29 minutes ago, brbrmensch said:

caves seem to always have some regular bushes

Not always, I've had those rare instances of finding Juicy Berry Bushes down there, with regular berry bushes above ground. I believe it is more likely for the variant to be the same across both shards.

I'm yet to generate a world with only Berry Bushes or only Juicy Berry Bushes. I often get a world with 80% more X Bushes than Y Bushes, but never 100% X and 0% Y, caves or no caves. There might be Juicy Berries seemingly everywhere, but then I come across a normal Berry Bush, and another one, and another one...

5 hours ago, Mananu said:

Wearing a Juicy Berry Bush hat could replace porting the character Warly. Warly will may not be in DST in the future, but hey, we got his ''hair'' at least.

NO!

5 hours ago, StarmanNess said:

My idea, basically, is to be able to make a Juicy Berry Bush variant of a Bush Hat. You could even make the characters look like they have dreds, since that would somewhat follow the afro look of the Bush Hat.

Better idea from @Sudura2017:

This is why setting starting variety to default is usually a good idea. Juicy berries in general are just very disadvantageous, because of their fast spoilage, long grow times, and the rarity of individual bushes that makes exploring during the first 10-ish days tough if you don't find enough carrots.

Or the developers could just remove the feature that makes some worlds biased towards certain berry bushes, and certain methods of acquiring twigs. And just actually include juicy and regular berry bushes on the surface world, as well as an even amount of twigs and twiggy trees. Instead of it just being a chance that you'll generate a world with an unsatisfactory generation setting that is completely random.

Unless there's some kind of cosmological limit that stops them from granting players access to too much arbitrary content at once.

4 hours ago, The Curator said:

Or the developers could just remove the feature that makes some worlds biased towards certain berry bushes, and certain methods of acquiring twigs. And just actually include juicy and regular berry bushes on the surface world, as well as an even amount of twigs and twiggy trees. Instead of it just being a chance that you'll generate a world with an unsatisfactory generation setting that is completely random.

Unless there's some kind of cosmological limit that stops them from granting players access to too much arbitrary content at once.

I always felt that the Juicy Berry bush belonged in tropical, or lagoon type areas. Maybe it could be added as something that spawns in the swamps? 

Either way, I always set my world's to classic variety. 

Archived