Don't Starve Together Beta FAQ *Outdated*

@trickyjet6843 A bunch of people (1, 2, 3) had a similar issue about a week ago, and I think it turned out to be a temporary issue on Steam's end. Try again in a day and if it doesn't work then, submit a bug report (the bug report will be public, though, so don't put the faulty key in it or anything -- I only say this because someone already did that).

Edit: Ah okay, have fun!

I got the beta keys but only the first one works. The second one seems to be broken or something cause we have tried multiple things and it won't work.

Nevermind i got it working. My friend was in the Don't Starve's properties and beta tab. He didn't know it was an entirely new game on steam.

Hey @DepthInLength, if you are seeing a key whenever you run Don't Starve on Steam (assuming you purchased the game on Steam), that is so you can download, install, and update the DRM-free standalone version of the game.

You can get your DRM-free version by following the steps here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/1126155

same for me :/ ... I am very grateful that i have been selected but I thought I'll find two keys enclosed. Instead there's only one :(

My guess is they're using an e-mail draft to send those keys out and didn't remove the "friends" section?

As i recall they said something like they're going to send out only 1 key per person?

*EDIT* Yep, sry for posting in here but found the answer http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/43646-friend-code/

Thanks again for your effort! You guys are great! :)

I don't know where to ask, and I'm not sure if this question needs a new thread for it, so I'm  going to ask here:

why do people in the stream get 2 keys, but people who signed up only  get one?

P.S.: Yes, you can use a whiny voice when reading my question out loud. But at least answer it.

Wow, that was extremely disappointing. It says in the email "Below, you will find 1 keys to use for yourself and a friend." So of course I thought that meant me and a friend could play. But no, because it's only 1 key. Sigh. I might as well not even have gotten the key.

Never mind..! I got another one. Super excited now.

Hi, in the email i received with my key it says that i should have a key for a friend too. This is not the case and I am just wondering if this is an issue or you stopped giving friend keys out as the email clearly says "Below, you will find 1 keys to use for yourself and a friend". It does state 1 key but you also say for you and your friend so i am confused.

Hi, in the email i received with my key it says that i should have a key for a friend too. This is not the case and I am just wondering if this is an issue or you stopped giving friend keys out as the email clearly says "Below, you will find 1 keys to use for yourself and a friend". It does state 1 key but you also say for you and your friend so i am confused.

They stopped giving out 2 keys, so the people that signed up can get in quicker.

Read more here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/43172-dst-beta-update-phase-2-october-31st/

• Developer

I don't know where to ask, and I'm not sure if this question needs a new thread for it, so I'm  going to ask here:

why do people in the stream get 2 keys, but people who signed up only  get one?

This past week was the last time that will happen: going forward, no one will get more than 1 key until we've gotten everyone from the beta sign-up in (or we revise our plan again).

Sorry for the continued confusion in the email text--we've got it fixed locally, but we're waiting on a couple things to be able to test it properly before we can make the change go live.

HI there Thanks for the FQA, It was very helpful

I would just like to know if there is still a way to get into the beta for Don't Starve Together, Me and my girlfriend LOVE this game and would be super excited to play together, but unfortunitly this is the first we have heard of this beta.

Hopeful gamer

Burnout96

HI there Thanks for the FQA, It was very helpful

I would just like to know if there is still a way to get into the beta for Don't Starve Together, Me and my girlfriend LOVE this game and would be super excited to play together, but unfortunitly this is the first we have heard of this beta.

Hopeful gamer

Burnout96

Hmmm... There was a beta signup form in Mid. September. But after 80k signups, Klei closed it. Now, you can buy the Frontier Pack on December 15th for $5 if you own DS and $20 if you don't own DS. The pack contains 2 keys, so you can buy only one for both of you. :D

Archived